Non-renewable Items?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Is endstone in any way renewable that I don't know? scrap box or uu or whatever?

I know of asteroids, but that is almost infinite, not renewable.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is endstone in any way renewable that I don't know? scrap box or uu or whatever?

I know of asteroids, but that is almost infinite, not renewable.

Not to my knowledge.. There isn't a recipe for them in my NEI (Mindcrack)
They're also infinite through mystcraft worlds, but not renewable as you said.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
then in the mindcrack pack the only 2 items not renewable are the egg and endstone.

what about coal ore? and all gregtech ore blocks obtained with silk touch?
and how is basalt/cracked sand renewable? and why robust trees/silver are not renewable?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
and how is basalt/cracked sand renewable? and why robust trees/silver are not renewable?
Cracked sand -> MFR sludge boiler. Basalt -> thermopile with flowing water and ice/snow. Silverwood probably is renewable using thaumium grafter. Robust twilight oak sapling is found only in chests.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Cracked sand -> MFR sludge boiler. Basalt -> thermopile with flowing water and ice/snow. Silverwood probably is renewable using thaumium grafter. Robust twilight oak sapling is found only in chests.

oh maybe thats why etho chopped down a robust twilight oak and didn't got a sapling from it.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
then in the mindcrack pack the only 2 items not renewable are the egg and endstone.

You can't get a few more vanilla items in mindcrack. Only one I can think off my head is cobwebs.
Coal ore only gets you coal and thorium.
So it's in the "ore clause" cause both of those are renewable. Most other GTech blocks fall under this or can be made with UU matter.
Make a cobble generator and replace water with snow. That's how basalt is formed (very slowly :p)
Cracked sand spreads like mycelium.
And the average silverwood tree has under 500 leaves, and the chances of you finding a sapling is 1/500.

Jul 29, 2019
Dont know if this is mentioned beforehand, but using xeno's Requilirity, alot of blocks and items (nether stars) are renewable. And the dragon egg is renewable, using i think its 8 diamond blocks around a nether star, or something of the sort, and all the above are renewable.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Dont know if this is mentioned beforehand, but using xeno's Requilirity, alot of blocks and items (nether stars) are renewable. And the dragon egg is renewable, using i think its 8 diamond blocks around a nether star, or something of the sort, and all the above are renewable.
The first post shows everything that is not renewable. So if something's not on there, it's renewable :)

39cluesEKAT

Jul 29, 2019
You can add pretty much anything from the current incarnation of XYcraft.

Sodalite dust can be made by centrifuging lapis. Unless you mean the actual ore, in which case all ore blocks are non-renewable.

Oil (and therefore also fuel) is non-renewable.
Bees! I know of a bee that produces oil!

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
All living animals aren't renewable.
Sorry to say, but they are through soul shards, which seems to be in quite a lot of packs

Ocelots aren't though, they don't work with soul shards last I checked, there may be a few other exceptions like them, but most are renewable

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to say, but they are through soul shards, which seems to be in quite a lot of packs

Ocelots aren't though, they don't work with soul shards last I checked, there may be a few other exceptions like them, but most are renewable

Squids.

Also if you murder EVERY animal in the game you can't create more.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Squids.

Also if you murder EVERY animal in the game you can't create more.

Hm, I wonder if you'd be able to make a squid spawner vanilla style though? Like whenever I'm working with large bodies of water in construction they seem to get squids spawning in them

And every animal is a bit extreme.. Don't take your vendetta out on the sheep.
Think of the sheep! D:

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, I wonder if you'd be able to make a squid spawner vanilla style though? Like whenever I'm working with large bodies of water in construction they seem to get squids spawning in them

And every animal is a bit extreme.. Don't take your vendetta out on the sheep.
Think of the sheep! D:

Have you seen my very, very inhumane sheep shearer? He's got 2 life left in him too.

I sometimes kill animals in front of their children. I need the leather though.