Non-renewable Items?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Theres also a thread here with a mention of how the leaves are set up to prevent the silktouch chainsaw method -> http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/silverwood-sapling.15057/

If I recall right it's the same for fortune. The blocks prevent it, and between the two of them your stuck with a 1/500 chance per leaf that can't be boosted.

I'll give a 100% that fortune sickle leaves you with less saplings then you start. I've done a few hundred trees with a fortune sycle now and not seen a single multple sapling drop, and always had less saplings then i began with.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Can I please get an explanation for the Gregtech Dragon Egg energy generator? I killed the dragon with a friend on our server and I figured we would trade the egg to each player every week or what not for bee keeping or anything else. In less than 24 hours the generator apparently eggsploded taking the egg with it.

The dragon egg energy siphon has about a 0.01% chance every tick to explode. It's completely useless and you're better off with solar power.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
The dragon egg energy siphon has about a 0.01% chance every tick to explode. It's completely useless and you're better off with solar power.

You sure about this? I thought the syhpon explosions were caused by either the bug when chunk it is in unloaded, or there being more then one in existance at once. I've not seen anything about a random chance.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Theres also a thread here with a mention of how the leaves are set up to prevent the silktouch chainsaw method -> http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/silverwood-sapling.15057/

If I recall right it's the same for fortune. The blocks prevent it, and between the two of them your stuck with a 1/500 chance per leaf that can't be boosted.

I'll give a 100% that fortune sickle leaves you with less saplings then you start. I've done a few hundred trees with a fortune sycle now and not seen a single multple sapling drop, and always had less saplings then i began with.
Maybe it's like glowstone. You can't get more than 4, but you'll get 4. So what if you can't get more than one, but you can get one?

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's like glowstone. You can't get more than 4, but you'll get 4. So what if you can't get more than one, but you can get one?

Theres server diffrent ID versions of the block aparently. I suspect it's like glowstone to prevent fortune, and that only 1/500 spawn with the id to drop. Or something Like that.

Hmm. Tempted to look at the code now. I'm really intrested in how it's been done exactly.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Theres server diffrent ID versions of the block aparently. I suspect it's like glowstone to prevent fortune, and that only 1/500 spawn with the id to drop. Or something Like that.

Hmm. Tempted to look at the code now. I'm really intrested in how it's been done exactly.

It's not like that. SOTMead got really lucky in his most recent LP's. I think he's got like 5 saplings from one Silverwood tree. Breaking by hand btw, he wanted to try out fortune on a sickle but couldn't get a sickle enchanted with it.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to vaguely remember there was something that it is possible to create an arbitrary amount of, but which requires the player to do something, and I doubted Turtles could, thus, by the definition given, it isn't renewable. I forget what, though.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
It's not like that. SOTMead got really lucky in his most recent LP's. I think he's got like 5 saplings from one Silverwood tree. Breaking by hand btw, he wanted to try out fortune on a sickle but couldn't get a sickle enchanted with it.

Um, how is a person getting 5 saplings from one tree and what I said related?

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Um, how is a person getting 5 saplings from one tree and what I said related?

Misquoted, i meant to post the post that YOU quoted.

Like, you CAN get more than 1 sapling per Silverwood, it's just extremely rare.

"maybe it's like glowstone. You can't get more than 4, but you'll get 4. So what if you can't get more than one, but you can get one?"

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
the egg is renewable by the tome + diamond blocks (like if that recipe made sense whatsoever)

Alkahestry was meant to be a replacement to EE2 Transmutation mechanics, or rather, an interpretation. Apparently the mod author figures 8 diamond blocks are worth more or less the same as a Dragon Egg ;)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
yeah! lets use diamonds to craft an useless egg! diamond < egg

wtf!

Well, first of all, it's a pretty valuable trophy. Second, if you have Gregtech, you can use it (and something anti-flux) as a very good source of power, or craft Wooden Planks out of them.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, first of all, it's a pretty valuable trophy. Second, if you have Gregtech, you can use it (and something anti-flux) as a very good source of power, or craft Wooden Planks out of them.

well, take the ''good' source of power and add ''randomly blows up for no reason''

and valuable trophy... that by accident dropped in the void the original one :p

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there are posts about that it randomly blows up sometimes, or if you place 2 siphons in different areas of the world/different dimension.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there are posts about that it randomly blows up sometimes, or if you place 2 siphons in different areas of the world/different dimension.
That's all bullshit(sorry!). First off, the Dragon Egg Energy Siphon does NOT randomly explode if you have two Siphons set on the same dimension. Not randomly, but it's a flat binary chance. If you have that setting enabled(which Ultimate does by default due to Ultimate being buggy in many ways) you have a 100% chance that if you have two(or more!) dragon egg energy siphons on the same dimension they will explode, taking the egg with it. This is because you're supposed to only have one dragon egg per world. But people used to be able to dupe dragon eggs similarly to sand duping machines. Thus, Dragon Egg Energy Siphons have that as a "hack prevention feature". Turning off that in the config option prevents the second "bug", and I'm willing to bet two minutes of my time and a like on youtube, that it'll fix the first issue as well.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
That's all bullshit(sorry!). First off, the Dragon Egg Energy Siphon does NOT randomly explode if you have two Siphons set on the same dimension. Not randomly, but it's a flat binary chance. If you have that setting enabled(which Ultimate does by default due to Ultimate being buggy in many ways) you have a 100% chance that if you have two(or more!) dragon egg energy siphons on the same dimension they will explode, taking the egg with it. This is because you're supposed to only have one dragon egg per world. But people used to be able to dupe dragon eggs similarly to sand duping machines. Thus, Dragon Egg Energy Siphons have that as a "hack prevention feature". Turning off that in the config option prevents the second "bug", and I'm willing to bet two minutes of my time and a like on youtube, that it'll fix the first issue as well.

well, i said in the second part that it does blow up with 2.

and is not dupe, you can get it with some kind of tome and diamond blocks.

so I guess they don't randomly blow up.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
well, i said in the second part that it does blow up with 2.

and is not dupe, you can get it with some kind of tome and diamond blocks.

so I guess they don't randomly blow up.
I know that the Tome isn't a "exploit" but rather a way of getting stuff you don't always have on hand. It's by the original maker of EE, so it stands to reason making a dragon's egg is not a big deal (TM) with it. Heck I'd even go a step further and suggest for people to try using Minor Alchemy, which is even closer to the EE2 EMC system, but without the difference between energy and matter and you can only fill it's "Alchemical Energy Containers" using the "Alchemizer", meaning half of the problems with EE2 are less present. While the fact that you can still turn cobblestone into diamonds is technically present(note: I haven't installed it yet, so the value for either cobblestone or diamonds is unknown to me, and thus it may not actually be possible to turn cobblestone into diamonds), the basic goal of turning items into other items without using a crafting table is now possible again for me. So yay, I can make a couple extra wither stars once I get one, assuming I can afford to do so.
Best feature? One can easily change the value of any item with it's config file. So maybe you don't want cobblestone to have a value, but still want stone and stone bricks to have one? Just change the value on Cobblestone to zero, but leave Stone and Stone Bricks at 1. Want to build a house out of Towerwood from the Twilight Forest? Give Towerwood a value and you now can. Find a value you don't agree with(for example, maybe you like getting coal, but notice the coal ore block in there)? Fix it yourself easily. Best of all? A server Config for this mod trumps any player set config, meaning you'll never have a issue in SMP with people ruining the economy if you change your server configs to prevent creation of very valuable items and give easily renewable items no value.
Current release is for 1.5.1, but grab 1.3.3 for the final version that works with 1.4.7.(barring of course the modder backporting changes from newer versions to older editions of minecraft)

If you see my post in the thread and like where I'm going with it, let the modder know. If not, , well, that's your choice.(or if you just can't find it, no worries)