Votes: 72 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 546 88.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevincraft

Jul 29, 2019
i just want to be able to run FTB without having to run a terminal file. (Im on Mac, sadly) I also want to be able to play without constant crashes every 5 minutes. It gets extremely annoying.

Destiny

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the posts above [sorry if it has] but I'd like to see some list that compares the mod packs. Some of them i'd like to see the difference and it'd also be nice if optifine was already in with all of the packs.

Reactions: Guswut

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the posts above [sorry if it has] but I'd like to see some list that compares the mod packs. Some of them i'd like to see the difference and it'd also be nice if optifine was already in with all of the packs.

Optifine being already in will never happen, the dev never gave out permission so you got to add it yourself, for yourself.

Reactions: Destiny

ImNate

Jul 29, 2019
Sometime this week I will come up with a nice design for the launcher. It may not be the best because I haven't done graphics in a few months but it will still be a great design.

serialtasted

Jan 30, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Read First:
I made this design for a launcher that i was making for my server, then i started using ftb and this project stopped being usefull. The news are in portuguese (just to clarify).
There's no FTB logo or anything anywhere because i just ran the app (build on C#) to take some screens and show here, you don't need to mention that (please).
Thank you for your time!

And now... the screenshots:

Main window:
Main%20Panel.JPG
Main%20Panel%20Explanation.jpg

Mod packs manager window:
Mod%20Packs%20Manager%20Panel.JPG

Downloads window:
Downloads%20Panel.JPG

Other windows:
Console%20Panel.JPG

jar%20Manager%20Panel.JPG

Login%20Panel.JPG

Ram%20Allocation%20Panel.JPG

Settings%20Panel.JPG

Update%20Panel.JPG

Reactions: benfang322

MaryuZ

Jul 29, 2019
first and foremost.....after adding a mod to a pack there should be a done button just because clicking x won't cut it....
add a vanilla mod pack ( all the mods that don't add blocks: rey's minimap, treecapitator, invtweaks, iron chests and maybe extrabiomes just because all the blocks it adds are visual only....I'm sure there's others i'm missing.....a looooool.....omfg....NEI of course)
Find a way to get FBL working with the launcher....I still can't get it to work with the launcher....it works perfectly when installed by hand but the launcher breaks it. (Flat Bedrock Layer)
Having the launcher as an installable aplication in the Ubuntu software center would help a ton...it's a pain to turn it into an icon on the unity dash.

benfang322

Jul 29, 2019
i agre with MaryuZ i cant get ftb to work it all + i have a mac os x. so slowpoke101 and the rest of the ftb team you guys should make a mac ftb launcher to ok got it the ftb team

MaryuZ

Jul 29, 2019
Also... Maybe a page for in the launcher for running a server? Some sort of GUI for setting up and running a server...?
I think this would be nice.... :D
that's not such a good ideea...servers are like command blocks....mojang didn't make a command block entry in the creative menu ... so to get one you need to use a command....the idea being that in order to get one you should know how to use commands (one).
Servers are kinda the same...if you're having trouble setting up a server....then you're probably gonna suck at running a server.....servers are good the way they are now.
Having to configure the server before you run it is a good thing....it'll help you later when things start breaking.......oh and they will...:))

Reactions: benfang322

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
i agre with MaryuZ i cant get ftb to work it all + i have a mac os x. so slowpoke101 and the rest of the ftb team you guys should make a mac ftb launcher to ok got it the ftb team
Mac OSX users must use Java 6 to get any sort of modded minecraft launcher to work properly. This is an issue with the Apple re-write of Java 7.

benfang322

Jul 29, 2019
Mac OSX users must use Java 6 to get any sort of modded minecraft launcher to work properly. This is an issue with the Apple re-write of Java 7.
i have java and i think it is java 6 but i could be 7[DOUBLEPOST=1362535622][/DOUBLEPOST]
i just updated my java and it still does not work:(:mad:

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
i just want to be able to run FTB without having to run a terminal file. (Im on Mac, sadly) I also want to be able to play without constant crashes every 5 minutes. It gets extremely annoying.
I'm having the same problem...had to delete a world and redownload the launcher and mindcrack pack on my mac. I always play with the error log closed after it comes to MC homescreen. I would reccomend watching Direwolf20 and seeing his SMP series. In there some of the coders for some of the mods talked about memory leaking into the world or something and this caused instability...? HOpe this helps :D

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.