My Mindcrack Base(WIP)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
9hludc.png

That's the above view of the entire thing so far.

sfc7ib.png

And that's my circle/oval/weird thing.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
because I dislike the whole cartoonish look of it.

I do feel like arguing, as I love arguing, but out of respect for Lambert and in the interest of not starting a flame war, I will refrain from arguing.

But I will say that a lot of the people who path BDCraft have some creativity. For instance, CadenDonuts's Batman Chargepads. That's probably part of why I like it.

EDIT: Never mind, specifically CadenDonuts seems to be the really creative type.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
lol. Yea. Now that I look at it. It does look like a person. Weird. Well, I'm going to build up the Angel of the North( A snazzy name for the build. Thanks Lambert. ;)) I'm gonna see how the circle looks. I want it to be a mage tower of sorts and then I'll have shoot offs on different levels that lead to different areas for different mods.

Danwatson

Jul 29, 2019
lol. Yea. Now that I look at it. It does look like a person. Weird. Well, I'm going to build up the Angel of the North( A snazzy name for the build. Thanks Lambert. ;)) I'm gonna see how the circle looks. I want it to be a mage tower of sorts and then I'll have shoot offs on different levels that lead to different areas for different mods.
Sounds cool! :D

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I'll post some pictures later tonight. Right now i'm just doing the mundane part of it. Building it up. Any idea how tall it should be? I'm assuming I should probably build up to build height? Too much? Also, I got this Industrious Bee from my ghetto bee setup.(2 apiaries completely manual.) It's a drone. What should I breed it with?

Danwatson

Jul 29, 2019
Too be honest, I hate buildings that just look like solid brick walls. When I'm building I tend to use more than one type of block (preferably glass).
However, ultimately it is your decision to do what you want with your base.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Too be honest, I hate buildings that just look like solid brick walls. When I'm building I tend to use more than one type of block (preferably glass).
However, ultimately it is your decision to do what you want with your base.
Yea. I'll definitely go back when i'm done and add in some accents and fix the solid brick wall. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at figuring out good shapes for windows. I always end up doing a 2x2 window.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
25i830i.png

Oh god. So much Netherbrick.

2h3cs3b.png

From the top. I'm still debating the color of the wood.

2ni33n9.png

This is the secondary room after coming in. It will have the 3 main shoot offs and will be built really high. This will be the main tower. Probably the mage tower.

20qe7fa.png

The entrance. I'm not sure how I feel about the stone bricks on the top and on the floor. Any thoughts? Also, the stone bricks at the top may be replaced by glass. Or some sort of glass design.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I find basalt brick goes really well with Netherbrick.. however, it goes better if it's basalt for the walls and NBrick for the floors (imo)

Reactions: Whovian

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
He also uses stone bricks a lot. But TBH I'm not the most creative builder ever either. I may post pictures in my own thread later on. I literally live in a hole atm. Gonna convert it into my ComputerCraft Experimentation Room

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I can't blame him for using stone bricks. They look great.

Update will come tomorrow. I converted all the stock bricks into basalt. It's pretty good. It makes the entire thing a LOT darker. I think i'll use some lighter wood in spots so it has a little bit of contrast.

Danwatson

Jul 29, 2019
Djharts, if you look at my base earlier on in the post you will find that I have used a combination of 2 types of planks (in this case, jungle and spruce) and have ordered them in some patterns. I recommend that you play around with some patterns and try to find patterns that you find the most astheticly pleasing. Also, you may already know that forestry has tree breeding. Later on in the game if you decide to delve into this part of the forestry mod you will find that due to the vast amount of trees that are available to you there are MANY different types of woods that each look brilliant. Hence, there are also many other types of planks. If it pleases you, once again play around and experiment with all the types of combinations of planks you can find. I hope this helps, and good luck with your base ;)

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I've been experimenting with some different wood colors. It's a bit tough. Tbh i've never enjoyed the wood textures too much. I will definitely be getting into tree breeding later on. I also made the beginnings of some shoots offs. Very simple but I think they look nice. I'm currently trying to figure out the shape and block type for the shoot offs at the ground level. I wanna get away from just nether brick and basalt, but they just look so good together. As for the shape, i'm contemplating a dome or something.

2hwfh4h.png

That's the top view obviously. I'm quite happy with the hallways.

szv72h.png

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
It's fine. Don't be sorry. You're entitle to your opinion. I'll have to work on the wood some more. As I said before, I don't really like the wood textures anyway. Maybe i'll have to use some other different material.[DOUBLEPOST=1364259977][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I would love some bee experts insight here. I keep breeding Cultivated and Common but I never get a noble. Do I need to do something extra or is it just rare? I've gone through at least 15 sets of bees. I also got this Industrious Bee. I like it. It's very shiny. Does it do anything more then just look cool?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I so wish I could answer that question because that'd mean I was good at bees :p but I unfortunately suck at them, despite my efforts otherwise.