My Mindcrack Base(WIP)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Pictures coming tomorrow. I've made some cool new things. I cleaned the base up a bunch. But i've run into a problem. I want to make an industrial blast furnace but I don't know where to put it. It's a multi block structure but it's also a machine. Also, it seems I will have to move out of my current base. After reviewing the amount of machines and stuff there is to do, that tiny house isn't gonna cut it. I may just chop it down and convert it into a magic house. But I need some ideas for a machine/multiblock area. I also plan on extending out my power plant soon. MOAR POWAR!!! I might do some sort of laboratory or castle. Sorta like Duncan's Laboratory. Hopefully tomorrow will bring me some ideas. When in doubt, look up cool buildings on google images. :)

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Pictures! So in order to make my ore output better I decided to make an industrial grinder. Only to find out that it needs to have machine casings. Which is another problem. Can I see some pictures of your guy's GT rooms? They all seem to be multi-blocks so I don't really know where to put them. I though about maybe hiding the machine casings in a wall. But that means I need some really thick walls. Or I can do it underground. But I want to make most of my stuff above ground. Any ideas on how to make a GT and machine room nice looking and functional? I'm thinking about a circular tower type thing or some sort of castle.

There's a couple files I can't upload. In summary, I made two generators for a little bit extra power. I'm fueling them with charcoal. I'm thinking about automating it in the future. I have a 2nd nuclear reactor now. Both of them output 100eu/t for a total of 200eu/t. I also have 3 Advanced Solar Panels and a handful of the regular ones. I also changed my world to Ultimate. So this is no longer my Mindcrack World.

Attachments

• 2013-03-23_15.03.27.png
    2013-03-23_15.03.27.png
    834.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 2013-03-23_15.03.46.png
    2013-03-23_15.03.46.png
    810.7 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: heecks

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. I thought it was lingo for "base machines, base boring stuff"

I guess I should start moving to my WIP mansion.
Direwolf20 (the most popular FTB youtuber) invariably builds bases that are just 9x9 squares linked together. It's pretty much one of the things he's known for.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 (the most popular FTB youtuber) invariably builds bases that are just 9x9 squares linked together. It's pretty much one of the things he's known for.
Yeah, I've noticed that. Always Stone bricks too. I just recently started watching him, :)

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I usually just switch between Soartex and Faithful. Easily my two favorite packs. I'll do some testing in creative to see if a visible Multiblock would look any good. Also for anyone interested my total current output for EU is 254EU/t. Which is 5080 EU every second. Pretty good I think.

btw, Lambert I like your new siggy. Classy creeper. Is he Irish?

(^Obvious trolling is obvious.)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
does that monacle look Irish to you..? ;)

I'd like Soartex other than the fact that it brutalises Netherbrick.. I love the default/faithful iteration of Netherbrick... Soartex seems too bright to me (although I love its 'rack texture)

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
O_O You hit it dead on. I've been thinking about building a castle with a lot of nether brick and when I laid some down that was my first thought. It's more red then black. It should be a VERY dark red. It's too bright.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
lol. Yea. Other then that, I love Soartex. I especially love the Glass Fibre cables. They look awesome.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
right now I use default, but when all the mods Im currently using have textures in Faithful I'll go back to that. I know its wierd but cobble doesn't look bad in faithful.. its almost buildable! (soartex cobble is pretty too)

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Sphax Cobble is horrible. Also, with 1.5 textures, he animated the netherrack. Ermagerd it moves now!

Soartex is lovely and I'd use Faithful but it's a memory leakage-hog on my Comp. Funnily enough, Sphax never really leaks. Also, these playtime tests were done on Vanilla.

Show us more pictures, OP.

Danwatson

Jul 29, 2019
This is my current base. I plan on adding many more rooms and things as I have just started out and am focusing on asthetics at this point in time :D
I hope you like it and please leave any comments or ideas when it comes to expanding and what to fill the rooms with :')
Without further ado, the pictures:
2013-03-24_16.12.08.png
2013-03-24_16.12.16.png
2013-03-24_16.12.22.png
2013-03-24_16.12.28.png
2013-03-24_16.12.36.png

Reactions: heecks

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Sphax Cobble is horrible. Also, with 1.5 textures, he animated the netherrack. Ermagerd it moves now!

Soartex is lovely and I'd use Faithful but it's a memory leakage-hog on my Comp. Funnily enough, Sphax never really leaks. Also, these playtime tests were done on Vanilla.

Show us more pictures, OP.

I gotta find the time today. I had quite a bit of homework to do. I'm done it now and I started on my castle. I'm using SO much Netherbrick. And it's all compressed from Netherakk. So yea. A lot of Netherackk. And a lot of EU to compress it.

This is my current base. I plan on adding many more rooms and things as I have just started out and am focusing on asthetics at this point in time :D
I hope you like it and please leave any comments or ideas when it comes to expanding and what to fill the rooms with :')
Without further ado, the pictures:View attachment 2948View attachment 2949View attachment 2950View attachment 2951View attachment 2952

While I think you have a lovely base, why are you posting it here? This thread is specifically for my base. You can post yours in your own thread or the general thread.

Danwatson

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about that, just skipped through the posts and judging by all the pictures that people were showing off their bases :p
hehe, sorry again :(

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about that, just skipped through the posts and judging by all the pictures that people were showing off their bases :p
hehe, sorry again :(
Heh. It's no problem.

Pictures coming up. I've laid out the base for my castle. I'm still thinking about the circle at the back. I wanna have shoot offs that lead to different rooms, but I don't really like the shape. It's much better then a square. But it's not really a circle. Any thoughts?

Once again I can't seem to upload some of my pics. Any reason why this is happening?

Attachments

• 2013-03-24_12.59.42.png
    2013-03-24_12.59.42.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 111

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It does look dark and evil in Soartex! Though the only people I've met who seem to agree with me use Sphax PureBDCraft ...
yeah I dislike Sphax... quiiiite a lot.[DOUBLEPOST=1364150450][/DOUBLEPOST]
Heh. It's no problem.

Pictures coming up. I've laid out the base for my castle. I'm still thinking about the circle at the back. I wanna have shoot offs that lead to different rooms, but I don't really like the shape. It's much better then a square. But it's not really a circle. Any thoughts?

Once again I can't seem to upload some of my pics. Any reason why this is happening?
upload them to tinypic or imgur or something similar then post the
link