MPS Support Thread

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I can't see the Thermal Expansion recipes. Too bad, because I hate the IC2 ones... I enabled it in the config. What should I do?
(Forge: 9.11.1.965, MPS: 0.1.0-91, COFHC:2.0.0.2, TE: 3.0.0.2)
It's there, just scroll through the recipe arrows at the top of the NEI screen.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure the Thermal Expansion.recipe file is inside the recipe folder which is found in the mps folder inside the minecraft config folder.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Sortpilvi

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure the Thermal Expansion.recipe file is inside the recipe folder which is found in the mps folder inside the minecraft config folder.

Well, it isn't there, so that might be the problem. (BTW, neither an IC2 one, but I have IC2 recipes...)
Where can I get that file?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Check if the file is inside your mod folders or not. Otherwise you might need to pay a visit to MMuse's jenkins site.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Optional vanilla style 2D armour textures avaliable to be coloured and swap out various textures. This is for people with not too good computers.

Tyler Shellberg

Jul 29, 2019
Config/Recipe Issue:

I set all recipe values to "false" except for Vanilla. Some recipes in-game are Vanilla, but some are Thermal Expansion only. No vanilla is shown for those ones. Anyone have a solution?

FTB Direwolf20 1.6.4 Version 1.0.2.2

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Go into your config folder, look for the MPS folder. Inside there should be a recipe folder, remove the Thermal Expansion.recipe file.
That should get rid of the TE recipes. Check if there is a Vanilla.recipe in there or not, it is needed for the vanilla recipes to work.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

Godel

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been using the OpenBlocks hang glider when I started my recent map and really liked it. When I finally got my power armor, I was excited to go run about like I had on my glider, but I found out that, minus a small degree of gliding controll, the MPS glider seems to have a couple of issues. Am I doing something wrong or is the expected (and possibly intended) behaviour?

1) Glider snags: Sometimes when I'm flying along, I will seem to get snagged on a block that I'm 2-3 blocks above. I lose all my speed, then I continue gliding at normal speed.

2) Fall damage: Sometimes I will glide a pretty long flight and land a slow, smooth landing, only to be hit for all my life in fall damage even while having my boots' shock absorbers set to 75%.

I am using a slightly customized dw20 mod pack.

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion (again): Maybe add a config option to choose which energy system to display? (By default it is UE Joules (As it is at the moment), or you can choose RF, EU or MJ.)

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been using the OpenBlocks hang glider when I started my recent map and really liked it. When I finally got my power armor, I was excited to go run about like I had on my glider, but I found out that, minus a small degree of gliding controll, the MPS glider seems to have a couple of issues. Am I doing something wrong or is the expected (and possibly intended) behaviour?

1) Glider snags: Sometimes when I'm flying along, I will seem to get snagged on a block that I'm 2-3 blocks above. I lose all my speed, then I continue gliding at normal speed.

2) Fall damage: Sometimes I will glide a pretty long flight and land a slow, smooth landing, only to be hit for all my life in fall damage even while having my boots' shock absorbers set to 75%.

I am using a slightly customized dw20 mod pack.
You should definitely not have shock absorbers set to 75%. Why would you want to take damage at all? Do yourself a favor and set shock absorbers to 100% so that you take no damage at all. It also doesn't take too much energy. Also, I haven't really experimented with the glider, but I would recommend just using either the jetpack ability or just the long jump. Not only is it much faster, but much more fun in my opinion since you're kind of like Ironman testing out his flight boots and jumping from place to place, crashing into trees...okay, never mind. Just a suggestion. :D

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions, please:
1. The kinetic generator makes heat from energy, and not vice versa?
2. Energy is not distributed equally among the armor pieces?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
1. Wrong. The kinetic energy generates power from distance traveled but it will generate heat as well. So if you do not have adequate heat sink and cooling system, you will burn.
2. I will leave this question to someone more knowledgeable. :)

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
Two questions, please:
1. The kinetic generator makes heat from energy, and not vice versa?

since 1. has already been answered i go for 2
there is a priority for the charging i don't remember if its top to bottom or bottom to top but basically it fills up one piece at a time so no its not distributed equally (i reserve the right for this to have changed but it was true last time i checked).
But it also pulls power in the same way so you will charge the piece that is being drained as long as the other pieces are full of power

example: you have a battery in your head and your feet items then it will pull power from the feet until it is empty before taking any power from the head.
It will also charge the feet piece until it is either full (at which point it wont charge). If you are pulling more power then you are generating it will slow down the drain until its empty and then it will do the same for the head piece until both have run out of power.

Last edited:

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Basically what INCSlayer said. All power suit items can draw power from all other power suit items, there doesn't have to be a battery in an armour piece for it to function as long as there is a battery somewhere.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience: charge has been draining from my helmet before anything else, even when I have the full suit equipped and my power fist selected, and with batteries in all five pieces of the suit. So, charge first ran out in the helmet, causing it to then take durability damage as well, instead of being still "charged" (although, I was in the Twilight Forest - but I don't have Infernal Mobs installed). So I took out the batteries except for that in the helmet and fist, then maxed those out. That holds a total of 1M charge, which, along with my resonant flux capacitor, should be good for a while. It was just strange that all the charge went out from the helmet first, while the other pieces were still fully charged. It continues to do that no matter how I have the batteries installed...
I also had the kinetic generator installed, as well as all the possible "cooling" parts. Occasionally, heat would pop up for a minute, then disappear. WOuld that be due to the kinetic generator? Also, if I was using my jetpack/boots for an extended period, it would create a lot more heat buildup, but slowly, so that I didn't notice it until I tried to railgun something and subsequently overheated. I think I will not install that generator next time...
Thanks for the help, BTW. There doesn't seem to be an "official" mechanics wiki for MPS.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it goes from top to bottom in order of using energy. It uses the energy from the head piece first, then chest, then legs, then boots, then glove, then anything else RF related from your inventory. So the armor pieces don't individually use their own energy like IC2 but just draw from energy to fulfill their function. That means we can exploit this by not adding weight to our suit through batteries and instead just carry around a Thermal Expansion Resonant Energy Cell!

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it goes from top to bottom in order of using energy. It uses the energy from the head piece first, then chest, then legs, then boots, then glove, then anything else RF related from your inventory. So the armor pieces don't individually use their own energy like IC2 but just draw from energy to fulfill their function. That means we can exploit this by not adding weight to our suit through batteries and instead just carry around a Thermal Expansion Resonant Energy Cell!
Yes, I found out about the weight AFTER I put the maximum size batteries on everything: slower than a snail slinking along a sticky sludgy slide, I was.
In what order will the suit draw from RF items in the inventory, though? I found that it would occasionally draw from a flux-infused axe in the second row of my inventory when my resonant flux capacitor wasn't in my inventory, seemingly bypassing the tools before and after it.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to not use anything from MPSA nowadays after the overheating element was added. And my suit doesn't really run out of power at all.
I use heat sinks on all 4 pieces of my armor at maximum value as well as MPS' own Cooling System installed.
I carry around a Resonant Energy Cell in my inventory and have no battery installed on my suit at all, the MPS will drain from your R(esonant)EC as long as that is the only source of power in your inventory.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Its possible to change the modell to something whitch looks valid in minecraft ( no round edges )? The modell on the side looks way better than the one what it uses. Round edges+minecraft = something ugly.
If i change the obj files in the assets\powersuits\models folder, then i could have something whitch looks more valid within the mc enviroment?
Any clue for the textures? I need to use some special color to make it work or something?

Suggestion: Optional vanilla style 2D armour textures avaliable to be coloured and swap out various textures. This is for people with not too good computers.

I think a coboid is the best modell for the tool, since the character's hand is like that. when i got home i'll try my best. I will not do something 2d, but will get rid of the round parts.

Last edited:

Tyler Shellberg

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with elite batteries. If I set their value to store 2 MJ in the tinker table, it only stores 200 KJ when I mouse over the part in my inventory, and that's what displays on the HUD. Anyone know how to fix or what's wrong? I'm using the latest version for 1.6.4
Pack: DW 1.6.4 Pack Version 1.0.2.4
Windows 7