Unsupported Monster 1.6.4 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.2
Mod & Version: N/A
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? ServerStart.sh doesn't have a shebang and uses DOS linebreaks instead of UNIX linebreaks. And that's terrible. :)
Can it be repeated? N/A
Known Fix: dos2unix + text editor of your choice

dieselfuelonly

Jul 29, 2019
Monster 1.0.1, TE Steam Dynamo is using some odd texture for the steam in the GUI.

VdDxYtczERg_aE8Qa07cpu2TfUsXbTvaAi5L3IxJE0U

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Thaumcraft4.0.5b.zip
Whats the bug? Obsidian Tiles from Thaumcraft seem to be causing significant drops in server tps, here's a tickprofiler report: http://i.imgur.com/EVtdIyD.png
Can it be repeated? Constantly. Just fly around genning chunks until you run into Thaumcraft stuff.
Known Fix: No fix, except disabling Thaumcraft.

Mod & Version: OpenBlocks-1.2.2.jar
Whats the bug? Tanks from OpenBlocks cause significant drops in server tps
Can it be repeated? Yes, construct large OpenBlocks tanks
Known Fix: Don't use OpenBlocks tanks. Note: This is a known OpenBlocks issue, I am just posting it here for reference purposes. See https://github.com/OpenMods/OpenBlocks/issues/83

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster
Mod & Version: ATG v0.9.3 (potentially, may be an interaction as well; this is more a "check for optimization" report than a hard bug report)
What's the bug?: Folks are reporting severe tick rate spikes related to ATG that seem to go away when the mod is removed. Bears investigation, as apparently this is strong enough to affect SSP worlds.
Can it be repeated?: Seems to be happening to multiple folks. I run a toaster for a client (so everything is TPS laggy in SSP) while my server is in the massive overkill zone, so I'll happily await these folks cropping up an Opis profile screenie or the like if somebody experiencing the issue can provide it. Editing my post over there now to query for this kind of data.

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: ATG v0.9.3 (potentially, may be an interaction as well; this is more a "check for optimization" report than a hard bug report)
What's the bug?: Folks are reporting severe tick rate spikes related to ATG that seem to go away when the mod is removed. Bears investigation, as apparently this is strong enough to affect SSP worlds.
Can it be repeated?: Seems to be happening to multiple folks. I run a toaster for a client (so everything is TPS laggy in SSP) while my server is in the massive overkill zone, so I'll happily await these folks cropping up an Opis profile screenie or the like if somebody experiencing the issue can provide it. Editing my post over there now to query for this kind of data.
I was /just/ about to report this one as well. We have done /extensive/ testing on our server and we have no idea where the hell this is coming from, except that it must be ATG. I suspect the Thaumcraft bug I posted about earlier makes it even worse.

Edit: Will try to get you some Opis profiling. Nothing suspicious is showing up via tickprofiler.

Last edited:

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I was /just/ about to report this one as well. We have done /extensive/ testing on our server and we have no idea where the hell this is coming from, except that it must be ATG. I suspect the Thaumcraft bug I posted about earlier makes it even worse.
I was having a hankering of a possible interaction issue here myself after reading your report, but I'm a poor judge on this because it takes a lot to hammer my server in the TPS department. If you run across the same kind of data that you provided with your Thaumcraft report, that could be useful in tracking this down.

(Also, side note, I think your TickProfiling report is actually telling us about the Nodes contained in those obsidian circles, not the obsidian tiles themselves. Small nit to pick, but you provided the data so I could make that assessment rather than just making me take your word for it, which is what I at least really like to see in bug reports.)

AforAnonymous

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for pointing that out, I appreciate it. :) As I just mentioned in my edit, Tickprofiler doesn't show anything about ATG. Checking with Opis in a while, but I'm really busy right now thanks to Christmas.

Edit: Additional info I forgot: You /don't/ need to disable ATG to work around this. Regenerating the world with a different level-type in server.properties also bypasses the issue. So that very very slightly narrows it down. Kinda.

Sidenote: Disabling ATG also totally fixed that Buildcraft pipe placement lag I mentioned on the previous page

Last edited:

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Thermal Expansion and Extra Utilties
Pastebin link to crash log: none
Whats the bug? When using drums from Extra Utilities in Thermal Expansions Fluid Transposer there are a number of bugs
1) it is possible to overfil drums, they can contain many times their supposed capacity when filled by the Fluid Transposer
2) it is possible to empty a drum beyond zero, you can continue to extract the fluid long after there are negative units of the fluid left
3) putting more than one drum in the transposer causes it to use the stack as if it was one, so I can fill 64 drums with 512 buckets of lava in one go, using only 512 source lava
4) When using vanilla hoppers with the transposer and drums, I've had real strange results, such as replicating drums, drums that empty but then are not, etc etc
Can it be repeated? All except 4 are 100% consistent, number 4 works, and then does not work.

Known Fix: None

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.01
Mod & Version: Unknown
Pastebin link to crash log: None, but I have screenshots.
Whats the bug? I have no idea if this is a bug, but chickens with baby pigs on their heads (with the occasional baby pig by itself) continually spawn in the air. They float down, and upon contact with the ground, they disappear silently in a mini explosion animation.
Can it be repeated? Unknown. Occurred again after closing and reloading the world, and again after completely shutting down Minecraft and the FTB launcher and starting again.
Known Fix: Unknown. Maybe its intentional weirdness?

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.01
Mod & Version: Unknown
Pastebin link to crash log: None, but I have screenshots.
Whats the bug? I have no idea if this is a bug, but chickens with baby pigs on their heads (with the occasional baby pig by itself) continually spawn in the air. They float down, and upon contact with the ground, they disappear silently in a mini explosion animation.
Can it be repeated? Unknown. Occurred again after closing and reloading the world, and again after completely shutting down Minecraft and the FTB launcher and starting again.
Known Fix: Unknown. Maybe its intentional weirdness?

Its a holiday easter egg.

Goshen

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: 1.0.1
Pastebin link to crash log: http://paste.md-5.net/kisaqagodo.md
Whats the bug? Server crash, appears to be mariculture
Can it be repeated? unknown. The player that was diving hasn't come forward to explain what he was doing.
Known Fix: unknown.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.1
Whats the bug? (SMP) In client logs the following text is spammed multiple times per second:
2013-12-25 20:28:20 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Attempt to send packet to all in dimension without a server instance available
Can it be repeated? Possibly, unable to replicate exact test conditions since unsure when it began.
Known Fix: Disconnect from the server

Mod & Version: Rotarycraft
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/bKRMQZF5 (Partial log due to 25+MB of aforementioned bug)
Whats the bug? (SMP) Freeze gun causes Java error to be output to chat. (double bug; java error + error output to chat instead of log only.)
Can it be repeated? Unsure of original conditions (we were stress testing in the end), freeze gun may have been attempting to target entity.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the bug? (SMP) In client logs the following text is spammed multiple times per second:
2013-12-25 20:28:20 [FINE] [ForgeModLoader] Attempt to send packet to all in dimension without a server instance available
Can it be repeated? Possibly, unable to replicate exact test conditions since unsure when it began.

Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/bKRMQZF5 (Partial log due to 25+MB of aforementioned bug)
Whats the bug? (SMP) Freeze gun causes Java error to be output to chat. (double bug; java error + error output to chat instead of log only.)
Can it be repeated? Unsure of original conditions (we were stress testing in the end), freeze gun may have been attempting to target entity.

Did you by any chance spawn this item in with /give command? or possibly used the builder's wands?

zerotheliger

Jul 29, 2019

do you have some free time to come into the teamspeak for feed the beast? i help out with rotarycraft reika has a few questions for you.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Did you by any chance spawn this item in with /give command? or possibly used the builder's wands?
The Freeze gun was not given via command (just checked the server logs to verify no /give command with that ID had been issued), nor was a Builder's wand used to create more, this was the first one that player created. We *were* using the creative menu to get items for testing, my apologies for not having added the detail earlier.
As a test, though, I just gave myself one from the creative player inventory and placed it with no problem. When that player returns I'll ask them for more detail.
One other possible detail of note I just remembered: Around the moment it was spawned in, somehow a large explosion occurred centered on a jet engine that had been powering a railgun.
I unfortunately do not have teamspeak but I can go download it real quick if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.