Monster 1.1.0 and Horizons 2.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Must say @Eyamaz, the new oregen in Monster when using ATG is excellent. So far a great experience with manual mining and it is great that the large mountains are no longer void of ores. And that you actually fine useful minerals in the mountains.

Lots of coal deposits for easy fuel access early on which is great. Might be swimming in coal later on but plenty of ways to get rid of it then :p

One thing I noticed though, there seem to be a lot of Railcraft Saltpeter spawning. Is this intended to offset the (seemingly) lowered apatite spawnrate?

Tomson124

Jul 29, 2019
If it goes out of beta, this means there will be no more dartcraft in the pack or will it come later cause it's not updatet yet?

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
is it just me or latest version of monster pack eat allot of CPU ?
i have a hosted server where i connect to play. my client usualy uses 65% CPU ( dual core cpu ) but sometimes java jumps to 100% cpu and game freezes, or runs at 2 fps for 1-2 sec .

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
is it just me or latest version of monster pack eat allot of CPU ?
i have a hosted server where i connect to play. my client usualy uses 65% CPU ( dual core cpu ) but sometimes java jumps to 100% cpu and game freezes, or runs at 2 fps for 1-2 sec .
I'm afraid we are just going to have to accept that this is a game programmed in Java, that is probably not really designed for what we use it for. I am getting somewhat the same as you describe, but to a somewhat lesser degree. Game runs smoothly at 80-100+ fps, staying steady at half the allocated memory(1.5GB'ish out of 2.5GB). But then all of a sudden every 10-60 secs the CPU usage one one core spikes out from 20-50% to 100% and I freeze up for a split second. Think we are experiencing the same thing, just my quadcore I7 handles the spikes a bit better(MC probably have 1-2 cores for itself, where you got all things running on the same 2 cores at the same time).

Using the JVM arguments etc. Tried disabling everything, enabling everything. No effect what so ever on it :p
Just seems like its one of those things we have to live with until Mojang decides to reprogram the game from the bottom up. So yeah, gonna have to live with it for a while :p In all honesty I think the spikes have always been there for me, I just never noticed them much before now where CPU load is increased as much as it is with Monster.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
i never had freezes/cpu spikes. any ftb pack i played run good. with 50-60 fps. ( don't need more. 60+ fps on a 60 hz monitor is 0 ) but with this one. oh boy. its ok if i go mine or something. but once i start using nei. craft. all hell brakes loose. also did not notice them before 1.0.9 update.

p.s. the chance of mojang to rewrite minecraft ...probably 0.00000000001/2 % :(

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
i never had freezes/cpu spikes. any ftb pack i played run good. with 50-60 fps. ( don't need more. 60+ fps on a 60 hz monitor is 0 ) but with this one. oh boy. its ok if i go mine or something. but once i start using nei. craft. all hell brakes loose. also did not notice them before 1.0.9 update.

p.s. the chance of mojang to rewrite minecraft ...probably 0.00000000001/2 % :(
Ehm so far its pretty early still, but think I found a fix to my problem. But it goes against some of the guys here who knows what they are doing, as opposed to me who know absolutely nothing about it. But I was playing around with all my settings again to see if I couldn't figure out what was causing it. Disabling texturepack helped a little bit but the freezes were still there and again nothing else helped one bit.

I went to make sure I had the up to date JVM arguments from Eyamaz, and they were the latest. So not knowing what else to do, I just decided to plot in some random number into the JVM arguments. Didn't help one bit, big surprise! But I did notice that it had an argument that did something with the handling of CPUs. So at a bit of a hunch I tried disabling the JVM arguments completely(deleted them from my launcher), and: The freezes are completely gone!

So far I have played a few hours without any hints of trouble. CPU usage seems like halved, and there is no cores/threads(whatever you call it with hyper threading) being maxed out and a moment later then being parked. CPU usage is now spread evenly out over the 4 main cores and the 4 hypethread cores parked(however that is possible, did MC suddenly get multicore capabilities added?) and the load stays steady and stable.

So if you are also using the JVM arguments, you could try and disable them to see if you get the same result. I must admit I don't remember when I last felt the game run as smooth as it does right now :p

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm so far its pretty early still, but think I found a fix to my problem. But it goes against some of the guys here who knows what they are doing, as opposed to me who know absolutely nothing about it. But I was playing around with all my settings again to see if I couldn't figure out what was causing it. Disabling texturepack helped a little bit but the freezes were still there and again nothing else helped one bit.

I went to make sure I had the up to date JVM arguments from Eyamaz, and they were the latest. So not knowing what else to do, I just decided to plot in some random number into the JVM arguments. Didn't help one bit, big surprise! But I did notice that it had an argument that did something with the handling of CPUs. So at a bit of a hunch I tried disabling the JVM arguments completely(deleted them from my launcher), and: The freezes are completely gone!

So far I have played a few hours without any hints of trouble. CPU usage seems like halved, and there is no cores/threads(whatever you call it with hyper threading) being maxed out and a moment later then being parked. CPU usage is now spread evenly out over the 4 main cores and the 4 hypethread cores parked(however that is possible, did MC suddenly get multicore capabilities added?) and the load stays steady and stable.

So if you are also using the JVM arguments, you could try and disable them to see if you get the same result. I must admit I don't remember when I last felt the game run as smooth as it does right now :p

If you noticed one of my last posts on that thread before we archived it was that they are no longer optimal. I don't know when I will be getting around to doing new ones. I should probably remove that thread from my signature until I can get back to profiling again.

Reactions: AlanEsh

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019

youp. that seems to fix it for me to :) 85 fpx with no more lagspike

mike546378

Jul 29, 2019
So, any time frame for the 1.1.0 to go rec build? Want to be there to update the server as soon as it happens

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
If you noticed one of my last posts on that thread before we archived it was that they are no longer optimal. I don't know when I will be getting around to doing new ones. I should probably remove that thread from my signature until I can get back to profiling again.
Yesss, make new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.