Mojang, give us a break!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

How do you feel about the new Redstone Update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
You could consider Lambert as well known...I know when he was born...

Given a rough enough condition set for that remark, I could tell you where all human beings have been born given the condition that they have been born and not hatched/spawned/decanted/proven to exist through [science/magic/cake]/stopped not existing.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Umm...
I would have so much more fun if I knew what everyone was talking about :D

So, the scientific laws of cake allow you to calculate Lambert's birthdate? Well, yeah he was born in Ireland and he likes Lamb/Lambs almost as much as Saice likes Sheep/Shoops.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
he was born in Ireland
I am not Irish. I was not born in Ireland. Nor was any of my family (except my nephew who is 3 soon). I am, in fact, English. Going back through my family tree (as far back as is possible) it seems like all of my known ancestors were also born and bred in England.
It says location: Ireland. Not Nationality: Irish.
I am an expat.
There are too many full stops/periods in this post.
Here's another one.

edit: I also kinda hate sheep... when we first came to Ireland my mum decided she wanted to be a farmer so now she has 3 sheep. It was 4... but then it got rowdy and started trying to headbutt everyone.. so we shot him (Bobby was his name) in the head, chopped him up, chucked him in the freezer, and now he makes delicious curries and other delectable meals.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
So, the scientific laws of cake allow you to calculate Lambert's birthdate?

It's all about giving a high enough margin of error. Call it 1987, plus or minus two centuries, and you'll surely be right. Unless Lambert2191 is The Highlander™.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It's all about giving a high enough margin of error. Call it 1987, plus or minus two centuries, and you'll surely be right. Unless Lambert2191 is The Highlander™.
COLIN MCLOUD OF THE CLAN MCLOUD! CHRISTOPHER LAMBERT! BEST FILM OF ALL TIME EVER! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1362711723][/DOUBLEPOST]
Given a rough enough condition set for that remark, I could tell you where all human beings have been born given the condition that they have been born and not hatched/spawned/decanted/proven to exist through [science/magic/cake]/stopped not existing.
I explained how the numbers after my name describe my birthdate in some other random thread, most likely off topic as I have a wont of doing XD surprised you didn't see that, you seem to be everywhere ;)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I am not Irish. I was not born in Ireland. Nor was any of my family (except my nephew who is 3 soon). I am, in fact, English. Going back through my family tree (as far back as is possible) it seems like all of my known ancestors were also born and bred in England.
It says location: Ireland. Not Nationality: Irish.
I am an expat.
There are too many full stops/periods in this post.
Here's another one.

edit: I also kinda hate sheep... when we first came to Ireland my mum decided she wanted to be a farmer so now she has 3 sheep. It was 4... but then it got rowdy and started trying to headbutt everyone.. so we shot him (Bobby was his name) in the head, chopped him up, chucked him in the freezer, and now he makes delicious curries and other delectable meals.

...you mess with the sheep, you get the horns.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I explained how the numbers after my name describe my birthdate in some other random thread, most likely off topic as I have a wont of doing XD surprised you didn't see that, you seem to be everywhere ;)

I did actually, and I considered using your correct birth year, but I decided against it because I wanted to address the plausibility of giving a birth year that was not your correct birth year. Otherwise, I'd have just said "1991-07-21 lol win." (or at least I believe it was July, as I seem to remember dealing with an addressable that sequenced that as the correct value for your username), and been done with it. And heck, don't you remember discussing the date format with me?

Reactions: Lambert2191

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I did actually, and I considered using your correct birth year, but I decided against it because I wanted to address the plausibility of giving a birth year that was not your correct birth year. Otherwise, I'd have just said "1991-07-21 lol win." (or at least I believe it was July, as I seem to remember dealing with an addressable that sequenced that as the correct value for your username), and been done with it. And heck, don't you remember discussing the date format with me?

I have a notoriously bad memory
skype-wackyb-0111-blush.gif
something that is a constant source of humour and ridicule... And you're right, July is the month :p

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I have a notoriously bad memory
skype-wackyb-0111-blush.gif
something that is a constant source of humour and ridicule... And you're right, July is the month :p

Excellent. I still say that we rename all months to start with a different letter of the alphabet (hopefully in alphabetical order) and utilize that to make a date system that does not have possibilities of day/month confusion (thankfully we are in 2013 so we no longer have year/month confusion, and year/day confusion, while possible, is usually a lesser issue).

Oh yea! That was wizz's thread that won't die and the moon being stored on the earth and the ability to slow earth's rotation to allow a metric time system![DOUBLEPOST=1362712575][/DOUBLEPOST]
...where'd THIS come from?! :eek:

Yes, it was. And that can be obtained from http://www.majhost.com/gallery/chrisdigo/smileys/skype-wackyb-0111-blush.gif.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
...where'd THIS come from?! :eek:
haha XD I couldn't find the smiley I wanted to I looked to google for help
wink.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1362713035][/DOUBLEPOST]
Excellent. I still say that we rename all months to start with a different letter of the alphabet (hopefully in alphabetical order) and utilize that to make a date system that does not have possibilities of day/month confusion (thankfully we are in 2013 so we no longer have year/month confusion, and year/day confusion, while possible, is usually a lesser issue).
hehe I remember now :p

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
You know they have a tough choice to make. Modders just add whatever no matter how OP it is ( ex: turtles, repair enchantment), they don't get paid so they are free to add whatever they want. But Mojang, they take things seriously. One bad move could mean finical disaster (unlikely since how popular minecraft is) when they add features, they think about blaance, and how it effects gameplay. Ever notice people play a vanilla world A LOT longer than modded ( Look at dire wolf, been doing lets plays for a year and a half or so, already has 5.5 season done) while etho is still at season 3 and been playing longer( if it went for the 1.3 update dire wolf would be at Season 6 probably) . Mojang wants people to play and enjoy minecraft as long as possible. If they did exactly what ender chest (mod) does that would be extremely OP. but only one ender chest per player is more balanced. Now back to the redstone update, they though minecraft should have a items transport system, something midgame, but not simple has pipes, something fun . They probably though that redstone was incomplete yet they didn't want to do want Redpower does with logic, since that would OP ( you could Mae a computer in a space ten times smaller than vanilla redstone computers) . these are things a game developer has to think about, not really the modder ( most of the Modders do at least).

Well, no. Minecraft has already earned for Mojang the overwhelming majority of money that it's going to earn for them. It's not like it has a cult following and they're trying to grow. They've sold millions upon millions of licenses and as far as additional revenue, it's limited to launching on new platforms for the most part. It's not an MMORPG. There are no monthly subscriptions that would motivate Mojang to keep people playing for as long as possible. There's nothing about Mojang's financial situation that drives the direction of Minecraft updates. The bottom line is that Minecraft is a sandbox game and when it comes to maintaining a sandbox game, less is more. If you start adding too much, it becomes less and less sandbox-y as the additions start to guide player decisions. Community created mods are an extension of that sandbox theme because you can pick and choose what (if any) mods you want to add to your game.