Mods you've got working with FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine is now buggering up on me :/ with it installed, I cannot create new worlds, without it, I get 2fps (crappy pc) so yeah, stuck between a rock and a hard place... play no FTB, or play FTB at 2fps... neither is an option (and I would get a better pc if I had the money, unfortunately, I work for a living and don't sponge off my parents so yeah, that ain't an option, don't even mention it)

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine is now buggering up on me :/ with it installed, I cannot create new worlds, without it, I get 2fps (crappy pc) so yeah, stuck between a rock and a hard place... play no FTB, or play FTB at 2fps... neither is an option (and I would get a better pc if I had the money, unfortunately, I work for a living and don't sponge off my parents so yeah, that ain't an option, don't even mention it)
Try the beta version. it should be like Optifine_1.4.6_HD_U_C3.zip

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried 4 or 5 different versions now, none seem to work :/ lemme get a log
Also installed the mentioned version of Forge in place of the one supplied by the launcher? C3 is given as stable now, try it with Forge 518 (which probably isn't stable but it was built for that).

AngryPockets

Jul 29, 2019
Saw this thread and thought, "Hey! This is the thread for me."

Have any of you had luck getting Millenaire or Enhanced Health Mod to work with FTB? The loaded mods list on the Minecraft screen shows More Health Forge is indeed installed, but it has no in-game effect; the heart containers aren't in NEI, either. Should I be using the launcher to install these two mods, or putting them directly into the mods folder/Minecraft.jar/thaumaturgy cauldron?

I'm using the most current Direwolf20 FTB pack with the following additional mods, not including API's, GUI's, etc,:

Balkon's Weapon Mod
Bibliocraft
Chest Transporter
Custom Mob Spawner
Double Doors
Mo' Creatures
Equivalent Exchange 3
Moreinfo
Pam's Mods (all gazillion of them)

I have 107 mods all together (Pam's mods aren't packaged anymore, so each crop is its own mod). Everything works fine, except for a couple of ID# conflicts, which is no big deal.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten the latest version of PowerCraft to work with the Direwolf20 5.0.1 pack, with nary a conflict. I have to say, I really did miss player detectors, and combining it with RedPower wires is...well, kinda obscene in terms of how well you can compress your mechanisms. Hell, I made an 8 block tall sticky piston door using two player detectors and some red alloy wire...just because I could.

modpir8king

Jul 29, 2019
The ones I have working with a combination of all of the mods from Mindcrack, DW20, Voltz pack are:
Chicken Shed
Watermelon Generation
Jammy's Furniture
Advanced Power management
Advanced Repulsion Systems
Applied Energetics
Ars magika
Back tools
Bibliocraft
BrainTech Ag Datachip Package
Buildcraft Additional Pipes
" Additional Objects
" Valve Pipe
Dimensional Anchors
Double Doors
Runic Dust
Dynamic Mazes
Energy Integrations
Fishing Craft
Flat Bedrock
Forestry IC2 Crops
Gregs Blocks
" Lights
" Prospecting
IC2 Backpack HUD
Immibis Core
" Peripherals
Infinitubes
Lantern
LiquidMetals
Liquid XP
Logistics Pipes
magical crops
matmos and Audiotori
Minechem
Minefactory reloaded
More Bows
Nether ores
Open CC Sensors
All of Pams HarvestCraft
Plugins for Forestry
Power Converters
Powercraft all
Ruins
Seasons
Secret Rooms
Seed Manager
TrailMix
Underground Biomes
Immibis Micro blocks
Chainz

So a total of 202 mods in total. A few block and Item Id conflicts in total but not really that hard to deal with.

Reactions: Guswut

AngryPockets

Jul 29, 2019
So nobody has gotten Enhanced Health or Millenaire to work? Is there a coremod or .jar mod conflict that I can fix?

Reeah

Jul 29, 2019
I really want the Millenaire mod, could anyone make a video or something that shows how to install it? Mo' Creatures too, actually since I have no idea how to install separate mods to the FTB launcher..

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I really want the Millenaire mod, could anyone make a video or something that shows how to install it? Mo' Creatures too, actually since I have no idea how to install separate mods to the FTB launcher..
May not be able to do a video, but I could give you a rough guide with pics, just gimmie a minute to collect the relevant things.

[ETA]

Okay, I've gotten the pics uploaded, so let's get crackin!

Step 1: Fairly obvious, locate the mod you want to install, and download it. Make sure the mod is Forge compatible, or that you've got the necessary prerequisite mods installed first!

Step 2: Make a home for your extra mods, something that's easy to navigate to and remember. For this example, I used "Extra FTB Mods."

Step 3: Start up the FTB Launcher, select the pack you wish to modify (I chose Direwolf20), and hit the "Edit Mod Pack" button.

Step 4: Hit the "Add Mod" button at the bottom right of the window that popped up, and navigate to your mod folder. Select your mod, and hit "Open."

Step 5: Look at the list on the left, and confirm that your mod's been added to it. While not strictly necessary, I find it to be good practice to make sure that everything's where it ought to be before committing.

Once you've done all that, close the window, and start up your mod pack like normal.

AngryPockets

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I've gotten the pics uploaded, so let's get crackin!
Good show, sir!

I've tried this already, but I can't seem to get Millenaire to work. It doesn't appear on my mods list, and the items aren't in NEI. I even tried manually installing it (dropping it into the minecraft.jar) but this didn't work either. Are you using the latest version of Millenaire or an earlier one?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Good show, sir!

I've tried this already, but I can't seem to get Millenaire to work. It doesn't appear on my mods list, and the items aren't in NEI. I even tried manually installing it (dropping it into the minecraft.jar) but this didn't work either. Are you using the latest version of Millenaire or an earlier one?

Alas, I've not tried to instal Millenaire, I used PowerCraft for my example. I...don't particularly care for Millenaire, since its a massive resource hog, and my laptop isn't exactly a high-end model, if ya know what I mean. I was just putting up a general tutorial on how to do it for any given mod... Only things I can confirm that work are PowerCraft, Power Converters, and Treecapitator.

[ETA]

Ack, didn't notice the bits of Firefox up at the top, damn it, sorry bout that. And, yes, I'm a man, and my desktop theme is purple.

Reeah

Jul 29, 2019
Alas, I've not tried to instal Millenaire, I used PowerCraft for my example. I...don't particularly care for Millenaire, since its a massive resource hog, and my laptop isn't exactly a high-end model, if ya know what I mean. I was just putting up a general tutorial on how to do it for any given mod... Only things I can confirm that work are PowerCraft, Power Converters, and Treecapitator.

[ETA]

Ack, didn't notice the bits of Firefox up at the top, damn it, sorry bout that. And, yes, I'm a man, and my desktop theme is purple.
Thank you sososo much for the guide <333. I'm going to use it for Mo' Creatures for sure, but I'll need to keep asking around for the Millenaire mod, because some of the configs need to be changed around to avoid conflict.

Victor Ferrão

Jul 29, 2019
Hey people, i'm new here, end coincidently, i was trying to add mo'creatures to Mindcrack pack of FTB.
What i did was this:
1-Mo'Creatures and custon mob spawner in the main mod list.
2- GUI API in the Core Mod folder.
3- Launch.
The result was almost satisfatory cuz i could create world normally, apparently no item overwritted any other item from the other packs, and i got all the mo'creatures but ALL of then (the mo'creatures mobs) are mute, with no sound effects at all... and i just can't understaind why, and can't fix the problem.
Could you guys help me with that?

Sorry the not enought good english folks, i'm from Brazil. =]

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
The ones I have working with a combination of all of the mods from Mindcrack, DW20, Voltz pack are:
Chicken Shed
Watermelon Generation
Jammy's Furniture
Advanced Power management
Advanced Repulsion Systems
Applied Energetics
Ars magika
Back tools
Bibliocraft
BrainTech Ag Datachip Package
Buildcraft Additional Pipes
" Additional Objects
" Valve Pipe
Dimensional Anchors
Double Doors
Runic Dust
Dynamic Mazes
Energy Integrations
Fishing Craft
Flat Bedrock
Forestry IC2 Crops
Gregs Blocks
" Lights
" Prospecting
IC2 Backpack HUD
Immibis Core
" Peripherals
Infinitubes
Lantern
LiquidMetals
Liquid XP
Logistics Pipes
magical crops
matmos and Audiotori
Minechem
Minefactory reloaded
More Bows
Nether ores
Open CC Sensors
All of Pams HarvestCraft
Plugins for Forestry
Power Converters
Powercraft all
Ruins
Seasons
Secret Rooms
Seed Manager
TrailMix
Underground Biomes
Immibis Micro blocks
Chainz

So a total of 202 mods in total. A few block and Item Id conflicts in total but not really that hard to deal with.

Mother of God! That is a lot of mods

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Saw this thread and thought, "Hey! This is the thread for me."

Have any of you had luck getting Millenaire or Enhanced Health Mod to work with FTB? The loaded mods list on the Minecraft screen shows More Health Forge is indeed installed, but it has no in-game effect; the heart containers aren't in NEI, either. Should I be using the launcher to install these two mods, or putting them directly into the mods folder/Minecraft.jar/thaumaturgy cauldron?

I'm using the most current Direwolf20 FTB pack with the following additional mods, not including API's, GUI's, etc,:

Balkon's Weapon Mod
Bibliocraft
Chest Transporter
Custom Mob Spawner
Double Doors
Mo' Creatures
Equivalent Exchange 3
Moreinfo
Pam's Mods (all gazillion of them)

I have 107 mods all together (Pam's mods aren't packaged anymore, so each crop is its own mod). Everything works fine, except for a couple of ID# conflicts, which is no big deal.

I'm curious on how you got Mo's Creatures spawning to play nicely with both vanilla and extrabiomesXL. I spent all weekend playing with configs, spawn rates, deleting, re-installing, fiddling, tweaking, you name it, with no success. I end up with lots of wolves and bears because they attack the vanilla critters until there aren't any left. I changed the spawn on those two to 0, killed the wolves and bears that were out there then waited a bit before travelling around some more to see what spawn. Nothing would spawn. It got very frustrating so I just took it out. If you have a config that works I'd love to see it because I love to have all those extra critters out there. I do understand the spawn caps and all that. Maybe I'm expecting too much for this to work with extrabiomesXL?