Mods you've got working with FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine and millenaire for me

As for the block ID config, I changed Millenaire to use 550+ instead of the 1500 range, because there was a gap at the time I did this.

It works great, and doesn't seem to have any problem with extra biomes XL.
Plus, Millenaire is now stable enough so that it won't crash your game like it did before.

Only downside is that you need to save&exit quite often due to villagers "missing", but that might be fixed in later versions.

Braun

Jul 29, 2019
Saw this thread and thought, "Hey! This is the thread for me."

Have any of you had luck getting Millenaire or Enhanced Health Mod to work with FTB? The loaded mods list on the Minecraft screen shows More Health Forge is indeed installed, but it has no in-game effect; the heart containers aren't in NEI, either. Should I be using the launcher to install these two mods, or putting them directly into the mods folder/Minecraft.jar/thaumaturgy cauldron?

I'm using the most current Direwolf20 FTB pack with the following additional mods, not including API's, GUI's, etc,:

Balkon's Weapon Mod
Bibliocraft
Chest Transporter
Custom Mob Spawner
Double Doors
Mo' Creatures
Equivalent Exchange 3
Moreinfo
Pam's Mods (all gazillion of them)

I have 107 mods all together (Pam's mods aren't packaged anymore, so each crop is its own mod). Everything works fine, except for a couple of ID# conflicts, which is no big deal.

Short response: Yes! I got it to work!

Long response: I did my best to keep it short and to the point, but also wanted to be more detailed for those who don't really know where to start. I'll just edit it later if I need to for whatever reason, but sorry for the length in advance!

I haven't read every post on this thread, so I'm not sure if this has been answered or not. In any case, I have been able to get both Millenaire and Enhanced Health Mod to work with my game (using Direwolf20's pack). I can't guarantee this will work for you and I am far from an expert when it comes to dealing with Minecraft mods, but I'll try and explain what was causing issues for me. The problem in each case seems to be new block ID's conflicting with those of preexisting mods installed by default in the FTB pack. The block ID's that Enhanced Health add range from 509-510. Millenaire adds new block ID's ranging from 1515-1524. The easiest way to search for IDs that aren't in use is to open up a preexisting FTB world and use NEI to find an open and usable range. Just hover your mouse over an item and it will display a number (which is the ID you're looking for). The number that is displayed next to the item name is in use and any mods that attempt to use the same ID will inevitably conflict. To save you some time if you're using Direwolf20's pack, I found that the IDs ranging from roughly 2750-4000 are not in use (I don't remember the exact beginning and end points, but you can look it up if you need to in NEI). Just to be safe, I started at 3000 and went up from there. Here's what I did:

Millenaire:
  1. Download the latest version of Millenaire (4.2.2 as of writing this --> http://millenaire.org/)
  2. Open the .zip file (Use WinRAR or 7zip)
  3. Extract the contents of the "Put in mods folder" located in Millenaire4.2.2.zip and place it all in your minecraft\mods folder (There should be a millenaire folder, millenaire-custom folder, and a millenaire4.2.2.zip file <-- NOT the original Millenaire4.2.2.zip that you opened with WinRAR a second ago. There's a difference).
  4. Open the config.txt file located within the "millenaire" folder you just placed in the mods folder (I recommend using an HTML editor such as TextWrangler, NetBeans, etc. instead of opening any of these files with NotePad or WordPad. There's a lot of free programs out there. Just Google it).
  5. Locate the section starting with "//IDs of the Millenaire blocks." You should only see options for things starting with "block_" (e.g., block_building_id=1515).
  6. Change the values next to everything beginning with "block_" to a value not currently being used as an ID (I used the values 3000-3009 for this mod, starting with block_building_id=3000 and moving down through the list ending with block_byzantine_mixedbrick_id=3009... but you can obviously use any numbers that are free).
  7. Save the file.
  8. Open the FTB launcher, click "Edit Mod Pack" and make sure you see millenaire4.2.2 listed in the Enabled Mods box under the Mods tab
  9. Try launching FTB and, assuming that it does not crash, create a new world for testing. You should see a message mentioning finding Millenaire villages and something about a quest that hasn't been started yet.
Enhanced Health Mod:
  1. Download the mod (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/115172-147-noheros-mods-more-health-30-smp-support-added/)
  2. Open the .zip file (Use WinRAR or 7zip) and, for convenience, extract the two folders somewhere you can access easily (such as your desktop) and then close WinRAR so you don't get confused in a few minutes
  3. Double-click the "config" folder and extract "nohero_moreHealth.cfg" to your minecraft\config folder
  4. Open nohero_moreHealth.cfg with a text editor and change the values for: I:"Heart Container ID"=509 and I:"Heart Piece ID"=510 (I changed them to 3010 and 3011, respectively, after altering the Millenaire IDs. Make sure the value isn't being used by another mod first!)
  5. OPTIONAL: You can go ahead and alter any settings in this file now. For example, change I:"Starting Hearts"=10 to I:"Starting Hearts"=3 for a Zelda experience!
  6. Save this file and navigate to the other folder you extracted from the original archive
  7. Double-click the "add files to minecraft.jar" folder, but instead of adding them directly to the .jar like it says, there's another way to install it if you want to be able to uninstall the mod easily without having to deal with backup .jars or reinstalling other mods in the case that this doesn't work.
  • Highlight the contents (4 .class files and a "morehealth" folder) of the "add files to minecraft.jar" folder
  • Right-click and select "Add to archive..."
  • If you're using WinRAR, select the "ZIP" option under Archive Format by click the bubble next to it (I don't have it installed, but 7zip users look for a similar option or just make sure to save it as a .ZIP file and not as a .RAR)
  • Change the name to something more recognizable like "More_Health_Mod.zip"
  • Click OK. This will create a new .ZIP file.
  • Move the newly created More_Health_Mod.zip file to your "instMods" folder located at Direwolf20\instMods (Alternatively, use the FTB launcher and select your mod pack, then choose Edit Mod Pack > select the JarMods tab > click Add Mod > navigate to the new .zip file you just created > click Open).
  • Open the FTB launcher and verify that the mod is listed in the Enabled Mods box under the JarMods tab.
  • Launch and hope for the best! You shouldn't crash anymore. Create a new world and you should only have 3 hearts (or however many you set as the default). Use NEI to search for the heart containers or a couple of Bottle O'Enchanting potions to test out the mod.
I know I was frustrated for a while about these incompatibility issues and had not been able to find a post anywhere with a fix, so hopefully this will help someone out there. I'm not the best at walking people through things like this, so if it needs to be edited in terms of formatting or anything to make it easier to read, someone just say something and I'll do my best to make it more user-friendly. I'll also upload screenshots if anyone thinks it will be helpful. Let me know if I made any mistakes and good luck!

Reeah

Jul 29, 2019
Short response: Yes! I got it to work!

Long response: I did my best to keep it short and to the point, but also wanted to be more detailed for those who don't really know where to start. I'll just edit it later if I need to for whatever reason, but sorry for the length in advance!

I haven't read every post on this thread, so I'm not sure if this has been answered or not. In any case, I have been able to get both Millenaire and Enhanced Health Mod to work with my game (using Direwolf20's pack). I can't guarantee this will work for you and I am far from an expert when it comes to dealing with Minecraft mods, but I'll try and explain what was causing issues for me. The problem in each case seems to be new block ID's conflicting with those of preexisting mods installed by default in the FTB pack. The block ID's that Enhanced Health add range from 509-510. Millenaire adds new block ID's ranging from 1515-1524. The easiest way to search for IDs that aren't in use is to open up a preexisting FTB world and use NEI to find an open and usable range. Just hover your mouse over an item and it will display a number (which is the ID you're looking for). The number that is displayed next to the item name is in use and any mods that attempt to use the same ID will inevitably conflict. To save you some time if you're using Direwolf20's pack, I found that the IDs ranging from roughly 2750-4000 are not in use (I don't remember the exact beginning and end points, but you can look it up if you need to in NEI). Just to be safe, I started at 3000 and went up from there. Here's what I did:

Millenaire:
  1. Download the latest version of Millenaire (4.2.2 as of writing this --> http://millenaire.org/)
  2. Open the .zip file (Use WinRAR or 7zip)
  3. Extract the contents of the "Put in mods folder" located in Millenaire4.2.2.zip and place it all in your minecraft\mods folder (There should be a millenaire folder, millenaire-custom folder, and a millenaire4.2.2.zip file <-- NOT the original Millenaire4.2.2.zip that you opened with WinRAR a second ago. There's a difference).
  4. Open the config.txt file located within the "millenaire" folder you just placed in the mods folder (I recommend using an HTML editor such as TextWrangler, NetBeans, etc. instead of opening any of these files with NotePad or WordPad. There's a lot of free programs out there. Just Google it).
  5. Locate the section starting with "//IDs of the Millenaire blocks." You should only see options for things starting with "block_" (e.g., block_building_id=1515).
  6. Change the values next to everything beginning with "block_" to a value not currently being used as an ID (I used the values 3000-3009 for this mod, starting with block_building_id=3000 and moving down through the list ending with block_byzantine_mixedbrick_id=3009... but you can obviously use any numbers that are free).
  7. Save the file.
  8. Open the FTB launcher, click "Edit Mod Pack" and make sure you see millenaire4.2.2 listed in the Enabled Mods box under the Mods tab
  9. Try launching FTB and, assuming that it does not crash, create a new world for testing. You should see a message mentioning finding Millenaire villages and something about a quest that hasn't been started yet.
Enhanced Health Mod:

1. Download the mod (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/115172-147-noheros-mods-more-health-30-smp-support-added/)
  2. Open the .zip file (Use WinRAR or 7zip) and, for convenience, extract the two folders somewhere you can access easily (such as your desktop) and then close WinRAR so you don't get confused in a few minutes
  3. Double-click the "config" folder and extract "nohero_moreHealth.cfg" to your minecraft\config folder
  4. Open nohero_moreHealth.cfg with a text editor and change the values for: I:"Heart Container ID"=509 and I:"Heart Piece ID"=510 (I changed them to 3010 and 3011, respectively, after altering the Millenaire IDs. Make sure the value isn't being used by another mod first!)
  5. OPTIONAL: You can go ahead and alter any settings in this file now. For example, change I:"Starting Hearts"=10 to I:"Starting Hearts"=3 for a Zelda experience!
  6. Save this file and navigate to the other folder you extracted from the original archive
  7. Double-click the "add files to minecraft.jar" folder, but instead of adding them directly to the .jar like it says, there's another way to install it if you want to be able to uninstall the mod easily without having to deal with backup .jars or reinstalling other mods in the case that this doesn't work.
  • Highlight the contents (4 .class files and a "morehealth" folder) of the "add files to minecraft.jar" folder
  • Right-click and select "Add to archive..."
  • If you're using WinRAR, select the "ZIP" option under Archive Format by click the bubble next to it (I don't have it installed, but 7zip users look for a similar option or just make sure to save it as a .ZIP file and not as a .RAR)
  • Change the name to something more recognizable like "More_Health_Mod.zip"
  • Click OK. This will create a new .ZIP file.
  • Move the newly created More_Health_Mod.zip file to your "instMods" folder located at Direwolf20\instMods (Alternatively, use the FTB launcher and select your mod pack, then choose Edit Mod Pack > select the JarMods tab > click Add Mod > navigate to the new .zip file you just created > click Open).
  • Open the FTB launcher and verify that the mod is listed in the Enabled Mods box under the JarMods tab.
  • Launch and hope for the best! You shouldn't crash anymore. Create a new world and you should only have 3 hearts (or however many you set as the default). Use NEI to search for the heart containers or a couple of Bottle O'Enchanting potions to test out the mod.
I know I was frustrated for a while about these incompatibility issues and had not been able to find a post anywhere with a fix, so hopefully this will help someone out there. I'm not the best at walking people through things like this, so if it needs to be edited in terms of formatting or anything to make it easier to read, someone just say something and I'll do my best to make it more user-friendly. I'll also upload screenshots if anyone thinks it will be helpful. Let me know if I made any mistakes and good luck!

I love you.
I. LOVE. YOU.

cardinalstar16

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the better snow mod would work with seasons mod?

Man can't even get Better Snow working with FTB launcher Help? :( x1000

Xynthy

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to get Immibis's mods working for the latest version of the Direwolf20 pack? I'm specifically wanting Dimensional Anchors and Tubestuff (and obviously Immibis core).

Cyan Leader

Jul 29, 2019
I have being fizzling around with the seasons mod, how hard was it to add it to Ultimate? I got it added in the mods folder but while the client loaded the main feature that I want it for, snow everywhere in winter, wasn't working.

professor z

Jul 29, 2019
im still adding mods but so far i got millinair soul shards icmb galaticraft thrist mod advance machines build craft industrial craft wirless redstone all of them thoumcraft mo food and crops ee3 gravity gun forestry mekanism moduler force field power aroumer portal gun rail craft nether ores minechem thermal expansion steve carts all the red power power converters ender storage computer crafts chicken core nei plugins iim still ading mods to it but th games says i got 69 mods so far
im looking for a bunch of magic mods to counter the science[DOUBLEPOST=1373503759][/DOUBLEPOST]also optifine and inorder for me to get millinair to work i removed twilight forest AALL ON YOGCRAFT

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a question that I think fits neatly in here...which versions of Universal Electricity, Mekanism, Atomic Science, Assembly Line, and Electric Expansion are not only compatible with one another, but with the 1.5.2 WGT beta pack? So far, I've found nada, and I don't want to end up borking my game.

SlyGallant

Jul 29, 2019
I've got to ask, has anyone gotten Minecraft Comes Alive working with Unleashed yet? Usually if it's little stuff like ID conflicts like Mo creatures and Thaumcraft had in Ultimate, I can work through that on my own, but this one has left me scratching my head as to where to begin. If anyone has gotten these to work together and can help me figure it out, you would be my biggest hero ever. Haha