Mods you've got working with FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DannyDF

Jul 29, 2019
Did you grab the correct versions? You need the 1.4.2 one not the latest build. Just dropped them into my server mod folder and they work fine. I assume it is same for ssp, just client mod folder.

That worked. I am such a idiot sometimes.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get tropicraft to work, even when I configured the ids and even disabled portal. The game loads up but when I click on a world it just doesn't load

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Some of you mentioned getting the Armor Status HUD mod to work successfully. Did you have to do anything special to get this to work? I dropped mine in the jar mods section of the launcher and the game won't launch. Just goes black screen and freezes.
Uhh, it's a modloader mod, put it in the regular mods.

I got ArmorStatusHUD, DirectionHUD, StatusEffectHUD, InGameInfo, TreeCapitator plus EBXL addon for it, macro mod and MonsterSpawnHighlighter in mods. OptiFine and liteloader in JarMods.

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
I've been running Mo Creatures with zero issues until today. I recently updated both mo creatures and custommob spawner and am now getting the black screen after the logo screen. I rolled back to a previous version and it works fine again. Just thought I'd let folks know in case they were having a similar problem.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming the updates you installed are for 1.4.5, that would be the case. FTB is still in 1.4.2.

Jul 29, 2019
How I got millenaire working on my client/server:

MAKE SURE YOU GET MILLENAIRE VERSION 3.2.3! 3.2.4 and 3.2.5 wont work on the current version (1.4.2)

Client: Go into FTBBETAA/minecraft/config and open TwilightForest.cfg

and make these changes:

Roots=1592
Sapling=1593
UncraftingTable=1594

Everyone that wants to join will need to do the same to their client.

Server: Go into your server folder/config and Open TwilightForest.cfg and make the same changes:

Roots=1592
Sapling=1593
UncraftingTable=1594

Jingles!

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
How I got millenaire working on my client/server:

MAKE SURE YOU GET MILLENAIRE VERSION 3.2.3! 3.2.4 and 3.2.5 wont work on the current version (1.4.2)

Client: Go into FTBBETAA/minecraft/config and open TwilightForest.cfg

and make these changes:

Roots=1592
Sapling=1593
UncraftingTable=1594

Everyone that wants to join will need to do the same to their client.

Server: Go into your server folder/config and Open TwilightForest.cfg and make the same changes:

Roots=1592
Sapling=1593
UncraftingTable=1594

Jingles!

I did this, single player only. Still cant get it to work. Downloaded Mill. v 3.2.3, did the changes on my client in the FTBBETA config file. No villages, and none of the items or the wand show up in NEI.

Any ideas, would love to have this working. Thanks in advance.

Drewby2000

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.. I was wounding what type of mod SpawnerGUI and Mod-loader by Risugami and mods installed are optifine( when i install mod-loader it says Error Modloader could not resolve any help thanks in advance)

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
Got Millenaere to work, finally. In hind sight it wasnt that hard. Just copy the files that say "This goes in your mods files" into the mods file...bingo. Working. I over thingk things too much. Getting the right version of Mill. was the 1st step tho.

Im really cant stand the wait till FTB goes MC 1.4.5! Mo Creatures NEXT! ;)

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone gotten Additional Pipes working with their FTB server? Really needing some teleport pipes. Also, anyone know the status on RP2?

Drewby2000

Jul 29, 2019
bump
Hmm.. I was wounding what type of mod SpawnerGUI and Mod-loader by Risugami and mods installed are optifine( when i install mod-loader it says Error Modloader could not resolve any help thanks in advance)

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
Mod-loader is incompatible with Forge, which is the basis for most of the mods in FTB. However, there is already something installed called ForgeModLoader, which I believe fills the same need. You should be able to install mod loader mods with just that. Anyone feel free to correct me of I'm wrong on this...

Drewby2000

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a lot i have been asking around forum this is the first answer i have received thank you sooo much

Drewby2000

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm tryed the forge modloader but when i installed the SpawnerGUI it shows up under the mods list but does't work in game just says it is loaded

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I went to Risugami's site, but couldn't find a copy of SpawnerGUI for Minecraft 1.4.2. It seems to jump straight from 1.2.5 to 1.4.5. Unfortunately, FTB is based on Minecraft 1.4.2, so you may be outta luck until FTB updates. We are all hoping that will be soon...

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Well, EE3 most likely won't be in as it is still in early development. As for Redpower, that is going through the final stages and as FTB won't update until Redpower is finished, as it is almost done anyway. When that is, only Eloraam will know.