Mods you've got working with FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Some of you mentioned getting the Armor Status HUD mod to work successfully. Did you have to do anything special to get this to work? I dropped mine in the jar mods section of the launcher and the game won't launch. Just goes black screen and freezes.

TnTBlockMan

Jul 29, 2019
In getting Mo Creatures mod installed with FTB pack, how fully working is the mod with the pack? I tried Mo Creatures a while back, and although the mod did work there was a fundamental problem with certain creatures dropping incorrect items i.e Buildcraft oil buckets, BC blue wires, and such...

Has that now been corrected? I really liked Mo creatures but was put off the idea awhile back because of this problem.

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
I got Soul Shards working with it, but it's such a simple mod (compared to IC, BC, RP, etc.), so I wasn't surprised :)

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Millenaire isn't working for me. Anyone who's got this working can you say how you managed to do it?

RivingtonDown

Jul 29, 2019
In getting Mo Creatures mod installed with FTB pack, how fully working is the mod with the pack? I tried Mo Creatures a while back, and although the mod did work there was a fundamental problem with certain creatures dropping incorrect items i.e Buildcraft oil buckets, BC blue wires, and such...

Has that now been corrected? I really liked Mo creatures but was put off the idea awhile back because of this problem.
I'm curious about this as well

I was able to fix it in previous versions but it required me digging through the Buildcraft build with a bytecode editor and changing a bunch of IDs that aren't revealed in the config files (like pipe wires and such). I loved Mo' Creatures, but it was a PitA to get working with Buildcraft correctly and then get my "custom" buildcraft classes into the people playing on my server.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I just installed Mo' Creatures and it appeared to be working fairly well. A few notable problems: I no longer see the options menu where you can configure the rate of occurrence for each creature type. I didn't notice any horses after wandering around a lot. And I also noticed in a swamp biome, fish and mantas spawning on land, then dying after taking enough damage. I killed a few crocs and they did drop the correct item. Didn't kill many other things though to test yet. The lack of config is a concern, I wonder what happened there.

Lord Aldrich

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Millenaire isn't working for me. Anyone who's got this working can you say how you managed to do it?

Just change the block IDs in the config file (../mods/millenaire) to free ones. You must use Wordpad, not notepad, to do this (it's a rtf file). you can find free block ids using NEIs in game menu.

I just installed Mo' Creatures and it appeared to be working fairly well. A few notable problems: I no longer see the options menu where you can configure the rate of occurrence for each creature type. I didn't notice any horses after wandering around a lot. And I also noticed in a swamp biome, fish and mantas spawning on land, then dying after taking enough damage. I killed a few crocs and they did drop the correct item. Didn't kill many other things though to test yet. The lack of config is a concern, I wonder what happened there.

Sounds like you're missing the GUI_API mod. It's a .jar mod, which is linked from the main mo creatures thread.

TnTBlockMan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Its something I'll have to try out again. I believe it was bears/wolfs that dropped BC Oil Buckets but don't count me on, that was a long time ago when I last played Mo Creatures.

D

Deleted member 188

Mine Little Pony works just fine. Nab the non ModLoader version and just toss it into the jar mods list and pony up!

Reactions: RetroGamer1224

thejoshknight

Jul 29, 2019
Mo Creatures works fine for me. As posted above, so does Millenaire once you change a few id's so it doesn't conflict with Twilight Forest.

travis reasoner

Jul 29, 2019
how do u get millenaire mod to work with FTB i cant get it goin. idk where to put it or anything Ive tryed everything. PLZ HELP

thejoshknight

Jul 29, 2019
You open the zip file, and put the 3 files inside it into the "mods" folder.

You then have to go into the Twilight Forest config file and change the last 5 or so block id's to ones that are not being used.

DannyDF

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get Treecapitor working? I have been trying with the FTB launcher with every download on the mod page but it will crash it at the start with more errors then normal.

--edit--
Does the unofficial Logistics pipes work in the meanwhile as I cannot begin to fathom how to get any of the forestry machines working with Logistic pipes, redpower or additional pipes.

Bunsan

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get Treecapitor working? I have been trying with the FTB launcher with every download on the mod page but it will crash it at the start with more errors then normal.

--edit--
Does the unofficial Logistics pipes work in the meanwhile as I cannot begin to fathom how to get any of the forestry machines working with Logistic pipes, redpower or additional pipes.

Did you grab the correct versions? You need the 1.4.2 one not the latest build. Just dropped them into my server mod folder and they work fine. I assume it is same for ssp, just client mod folder.

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
Imported to MultiMC and added Optifine, EE3, Millenaire, Tropicraft, Mo'Creatures, Smart Moving, Stalker Creeper, Dynamic Lights, Pet Bat, FarmCraftory, Plugins For Forestry, Valve Pipe, Fishnet, Tubestuff, Power Converters, Coloured Bed, updated Steve's Cart and Chickenbones mods and it works(just config some ids)
How did you get the Tropicraft to work?

Reactions: DaveSW