Mods I added to DW20 1.6.4 (and work!)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
ya but 99% of the time ones with bugs are mods you find on PMC made by 7 year olds who watched some tutorial.

Erm, no. Blood Magic and Galacticraft were incompatible for some time due to an instant loss of any blood in an altar (this has since been fixed). I've heard Rotarycraft and qCraft together cause NEI to derp out every once and a while (might've been fixed already, I don't know). So it's not limited to "7 year olds who watched some tutorial."

Edit: And if you're talking about bugs in general, nearly EVERY mod has bugs of some sort. It's going to be nearly impossible to find some that don't.

Last edited:

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, no. Blood Magic and Galacticraft were incompatible for some time due to an instant loss of any blood in an altar (this has since been fixed). I've heard Rotarycraft and qCraft together cause NEI to derp out every once and a while (might've been fixed already, I don't know). So it's not limited to "7 year olds who watched some tutorial."

Edit: And if you're talking about bugs in general, nearly EVERY mod has bugs of some sort. It's going to be nearly impossible to find some that don't.
I don't think you understand what I am saying. Those mods you could play the game with ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE ID PROBLEMS and you could just go and switch them in the config. And an NEI derp isn't unplayable you just had to turn nei on and off by pressing "o".

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Those mods you could play the game with ONLY BECAUSE THEY WERE ID PROBLEMS and you could just go and switch them in the config.

The Blood Magic and Galacticraft issue was not due to ID conflicts.

And an NEI derp isn't unplayable you just had to turn nei on and off by pressing "o".

The NEI issue was an instant game crash upon hitting "u" while looking at a recipe. Unplayable? No, not exactly, but an absolute pain in the ass if you use that function quite often as I do.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019

The NEI issue was an instant game crash upon hitting "u" while looking at a recipe. Unplayable? No, not exactly, but an absolute pain in the ass if you use that function quite often as I do.
But still playable :p

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013

@Padfoote I covered this problem extensively in another thread - while not for blood magic, it was for RotaryCraft.

Adding RC to DW20 crashes client on pressing U. I found that the problem was actually qCraft. Try disabling it, and see if it works.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@Padfoote I covered this problem extensively in another thread - while not for blood magic, it was for RotaryCraft.

Adding RC to DW20 crashes client on pressing U. I found that the problem was actually qCraft. Try disabling it, and see if it works.

I know, I actually got that information from your thread. ;) Just using it as a point that there are incompatibilities between well known and used mods.