Modpack Release

Feed the beast 122

Jul 29, 2019
so i'm still getting the download bug any fixes?? (i have read the "unable to launch" thread in the bug forum but that isn't what i have)

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
Very odd to see bluepower being picked over ProjectRed. BluePower is a highly alpha mod with highly bugged bluestone wires, if your going to pick it, atleast consider adding ProjectRed: Core/Integration/Compatability so we have gates/wires to play with.

Realy sad Apple Core isnt included once again either, its such a simple yet very usefull food UI.

Where is the frame mod? Where is the RF flight mod? Why Extra Utilities and Advanced Generators, but not Big Reactors?
bp is at the moment a complete dupe of rp2 without power and frames which is handled by remain in motion and a couple others, pr is a re script with different mechanics and crafting recipes not used in rp2 therefore is put over pr as bp is closer to rp2 than any other mod i have ever seen. also eu and br were not ultimate mods but i guess theyle make it in the pack plus, its alpha not even beta yet stop whining.

Last edited:

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
That was the plan but the feeling now is that that was a mistake. Loads of people still want to play those sort of packs so we should still be creating them
if xycraft actually comes out will it be added, i loved fabricatiors and tanks and such, even if it killed servers it was cool

Erik3003

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea of Resurrection (FTB Ultimate was my favorite pack of all time), but I'm somehow disappointed because you included some mods that don't fit. Extra Utilities is a great mod, don't get me wrong, but its very overpowered... Also there's no reason to include the large scale RF-Production of it, its not another RF-Pack. But the ExUt transfer pipes and the drums, the most overpowered *Fäkalien* in the whole modpack! Pam's harvestcraft is kind of pointless, there's no real need for it (please don't include any hungeroverhaul like mods...). I really have no clue why you included Advanced Generators?
To make the pack better you also could add custom bees using Gendustry (Extrabees' uranium bees :D) and FRAMEZ would be a great addition to the pack because it recreates RedPower frames (only allow using the EU-powered frame-motor!).

Reactions: Pyure

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
For example EIO was not included because many of the features are redundant (Buildcraft, GregTech, extra utils all have replacements for EIO conduits), it is quite resource intensive and it caused balance issues.

So I have to ask: Why include ExU/MFR when EIO is a more balanced version?(Generally more expensive, pipes/spawner/farming/etc. and covers the same important features) Even better, it removes the need for Redstone Armory (Hlestakov's Screwdriver would be a much better omni tool) and it covers MPS/RF flight (wich both are currently MIA). It also reduces redundancy by removing MFR and ExU pipes to just EIO pipes (2 to 1) and MFR in general has alot of redundant features. Basicly: remove 3 mods + 1 MIA and replace with 1, sounds like a clear win? Would realy like a more indepth explanation as to why EIO causes balance issue while MFR/ExU (or mystcraft/EE3 for that matter) do not.

bp is at the moment a complete dupe of rp2 without power and frames which is handled by remain in motion and a couple others, pr is a re script with different mechanics and crafting recipes not used in rp2 therefore is put over pr as bp is closer to rp2 than any other mod i have ever seen. also eu and br were not ultimate mods but i guess theyle make it in the pack plus, its alpha not even beta yet stop whining.

This makes no sense. I know exactly what both mods do. One is alpha, one is not. One has severe bugs in one of its mayor features, the other one does not. That alone is a valid reason to bring it up and has nothing to do with "whining".

Last edited:

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I'm sad that Computercraft wasn't removed in favor of OpenComputers, or that OpenComputers wasn't even included. It's the future of computer mods IMO, it's open sourced and has great integration with many mods (24 right now, excluding NC cause I'm working on that).

Reactions: Erik3003

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
GT dates back to a time when there was a lot of blurring between mod and modpack. Whereas a mod gives pieces of an experience, a modpack provides the experience as a whole.

Some modders crossed over into trying to provide the full experience. GregTech's a perfect example of this, by adjusting "basic" mechanics to make the mod function a certain way.

Nowadays we have a better distinction: modders offer amazing configuration abilities, and packmakers have things like ModTweaker/MineTweaker to make adjustments as needed to provide specifically-tailored gamer experiences.

I'm glad GT is in this pack by default. The argument goes both ways. Instead of forcing players to add it if they want it, by default they get closer to the Ultimate experience. Its easier to disable a mod you don't want than to add one you do, and anyone who can't play a pack because they can't hit the disable button...well, some people you just can't work with.

It's not easier to disable a mod, because the whole modpack is made AROUND Gtech, so it's not like you can disable it and get the same experience without spending a crap ton of time reconfiguring everything with another tech mod at it's core.. So basically if you disable Gtech you end up with a bunch of mods that are meant to be played with something else.. I'm playing DW20 and it's awesome, but i was expecting a modpack like this to come out like before, in which I could add my own Tech mods (Specially Mekanism) to replace the usual core (Thermal and BC) without too much trouble, now it's like making a mod pack from scratch...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It's not easier to disable a mod, because the whole modpack is made AROUND Gtech, so it's not like you can disable it and get the same experience without spending a crap ton of time reconfiguring everything with another tech mod at it's core.. So basically if you disable Gtech you end up with a bunch of mods that are meant to be played with something else.. I'm playing DW20 and it's awesome, but i was expecting a modpack like this to come out like before, in which I could add my own Tech mods (Specially Mekanism) to replace the usual core (Thermal and BC) without too much trouble, now it's like making a mod pack from scratch...
what I'm hearing is that it was a mistake to add gregtech to a modpack that is based entirely around gregtech. It doesn't really sound like this is your sort of pack at all, friend.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
what I'm hearing is that it was a mistake to add gregtech to a modpack that is based entirely around gregtech. It doesn't really sound like this is your sort of pack at all, friend.

Nah, my point is that the mistake was to make a pack around Gtech.. Because it's easy to turn any modpack into a Gtech pack, but not the other way around.. We really, NEVER, had any balanced pack with this huge amount of mods and I was really hopping that with the new effort put into them (with the new quests mod and basically the balancing they are doing now) we would have a pack balanced and with a lot of choices, instead of a pack that LIMITS your choices. Seriously, having Gtech in your pack limits your choices, to everything, almost any mod will break something in Gtech, Gtech is a mod meant to be played by istelf with some other thingies around Gtech.. But after that you don't have much choice, and this is minecraft god damn it xD It's all about having choices, diversity.. My point is that they could have made a bigger pack, with the good balancing and stuff, and if someone wanted to add Gregtech they could just add it and disable 50% of the mods and be done.

Chinthor

Jul 29, 2019
Looking very interesting. But did anyone else get this added to their launcher and have their profile disappear? It is still pointed to the right directory, and the console claims to be loading player profiles, but I'm not on my own list anymore. :.(

monkeywraith

Jul 29, 2019
Captainnana, none of those have replacements for EIO conduits; none of those quite match the quality and functionality, nor can any of them all go through the same block. Balance issues can be fixed, I am sure there would even be some of us willing to help tweak and test if more info were posted. Resource intensive, however, I can understand. I have not noticed when using EIO, but if it can be laggy I understand excluding it if the pack is meant to be lightweight.

Btw, I kinda like playing with Gregtech occasionally, so it would be nice to have EIO with it.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Captainnana, none of those have replacements for EIO conduits; none of those quite match the quality and functionality, nor can any of them all go through the same block. Balance issues can be fixed, I am sure there would even be some of us willing to help tweak and test if more info were posted. Resource intensive, however, I can understand. I have not noticed when using EIO, but if it can be laggy I understand excluding it if the pack is meant to be lightweight.

Btw, I kinda like playing with Gregtech occasionally, so it would be nice to have EIO with it.
Ender IO is not in because it wasn't in Ultimate(Don't ask me why Pams is in there. It shouldn't be. >.>)

monkeywraith

Jul 29, 2019
If you had bothered to read even just the first page you would already know that that theory has already been considered and discounted. -_-

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
There are a few odd choices in the pack. It could certainly have done with a public review. A beta where suggestions are actually lessened to. There's bin a severe "we will do what we want" mentality being displayed around here lately.

Oh really?

I could link you posts made by Jadedcat, something along the lines of "snowball's chance in hell" (paraphrased), stating that this type of pack is not what FTB will be spending their time creating from now on. The mere fact that this pack exist is proof enough that they do listen to suggestions.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Oh really?

I could link you posts made by Jadedcat, something along the lines of "snowball's chance in hell" (paraphrased), stating that this type of pack is not what FTB will be spending their time creating from now on. The mere fact that this pack exist is proof enough that they do listen to suggestions.
I should also mention that during the creation process of this pack we had a team of around 15 beta testers from the public who were all people who were told it would be centered around gregtech. If they had suggestions etc. they were more than welcome to suggest them so this is definitely not one person having the final say about everything. Another thing is that Jaded and Eya did not make this pack, it was primarily made by tfox83.

Reactions: tfox83