Modpack Release

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
P.S. They even included Journey Map despite the fact that they should know it causes lag. :/
Every mod causes lag, because every mod adds things. The only mods that could possibly reduce lag are either optimisation mods, or mods that remove things.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Very odd to see bluepower being picked over ProjectRed. BluePower is a highly alpha mod with highly bugged bluestone wires, if your going to pick it, atleast consider adding ProjectRed: Core/Integration/Compatability so we have gates/wires to play with.

Realy sad Apple Core isnt included once again either, its such a simple yet very usefull food UI.

Where is the frame mod? Where is the RF flight mod? Why Extra Utilities and Advanced Generators, but not Big Reactors?

Last edited:
Reactions: xbony2

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
There are a few odd choices in the pack. It could certainly have done with a public review. A beta where suggestions are actually lessened to. There's bin a severe "we will do what we want" mentality being displayed around here lately./
In the OP, Nana says it's a Public Alpha. Alpha is before Beta.
Personally, I haven't recently seen, nor have I ever seen, a "we will do what we want" attitude. Besides, even if they do have that attitde, so what? It's FTB's own modpacks, they can do what if they choose to. The reason this is an Alpha, not a full release, is in part so that FTB can get opinions from the community. They don't have to listen to the community, they choose to.

To everyone:
As always, remember that you're free to modify modpacks as you wish, the launcher has that functionality for a reason :) Don't like a mod? Remove it, or replace it with another one. The modpack guys do a massive amount of testing of different mods, and they always have a reason for not including one, even if they don't share that reason. Could be because it causes too much lag/is buggy, makes another mod too easy, doesn't fit the theme of the pack, is generally OP, or any other number of reasons.

Random reminder, since this seems to fade out of people's minds occasionally: FTB is pretty much run by volunteers. Sure, it's technically a business, but how much money do you think free modpacks really make?

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
Insufficient privileges to post in the Bug reports forum for this.

Download Server button appears grayed out in the launcher. Is the server version not available yet?

Codraroll

Jul 29, 2019
Besides without xycraft it just isn't the same. :p

And thank heavens, earth and everything between for that.

Seriously, whose bright idea was it to fill Ultimate with tons upon tons of useless ores, as well as hi-res-and-animated-textured crystals with particle effects that couldn't be disabled, which also work as empty blocks leading to every instance of the crystal loading six blocks into memory in addition to itself?

Quarrying up my world, I filled a 4k storage unit with Quartz Crystals alone, only so I could throw it ceremoniously into lava.

Ultimate without XYcraft is like ice cream without unhealthy side effects. I'll download and play this once I get home today.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
There are many people that want a Ultimate style modpack updated for 1710 from FTB in FTB fashion. thank you for doing so, if not just trying.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Captainnana, I'd love to see a modlist which also declares which mods were added specifically as substitutes for "missing" mods, and which mods were added "just cuz." Or alternatively a modlist that has a "FTB Ultimate" column and "Ultimate: Resurrection Equivalent" column.

At a glance, Harvestcraft was added "just cuz", but then I don't really recall the Ultimate list that well, so maybe I shouldn't be so annoyed about it :p

Reactions: buggirlexpres

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
About GregTech, what i hate the most in this mod is machine explosion, but i really like the veriety of machine so i always wanted to learn it. Unfortunately now i'm deaf so i cant ear any more explanation on spotlight/tutorial/let's play so i was wondering if with the new version 1.7.10 there is any complete documentation, or something to learn without earing, the most complicated mod of minecraft ? :c
mbbkraft, http://ftbwiki.org/GregTech has plenty of information on most things and also links to more info on gregtech at the side and bottom (other wikis, etc). You should be able to find anything you need through that.
ftbwiki.org GregTech documentation is not updated to 1.7.10 GregTech 5. The official FTB and official GregTech wiki is at http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech There is less information, but the information that is there is actually useful for this version of GregTech. It has gone through 4 major versions since Ultimate: GT2, GT3, GT4, and now GT5. Things are not the same.
Considering all they added to it and the massive amount of changes to the mods in comparison to ultimate and the fact that GT was only a part of the pack and not the center of it and didn't mess with other mods at the time I say the reason is not any of the above listed explanations but ether; because or FISHticks it.
And darnd if we will ever know witch.
The amount that GT "messes" with other mods has been basically the same since 1.4.7.
It says Equivalent Exchange 3 is in the pack, but according to its forum page it's never been updated to 1.7.10...?
http://ee3.pahimar.com/
A little concerned over the mod list, though. For example, there's no Biomes o' Plenty. The old Ultimate pack had ExtraBiomesXL.
I believe we did have EBXL in the mod list at some point, but removed it. It doesn't actually stand out during gameplay, and I believe the ore gen has some biome-specific stuff. Adding too many biomes would make it hard to find the ores needed to progress through the pack.
I remember when Gtech got taken down because of malicious code that made the game crash, and slowpoke said you wouldn't allow a mod (or modder) with that attitude to be a part of ftb, now it's like it never happened. We now have that egomaniac kid again in our modpack. Now there is a pack I will not play because of it, you should have done the same you did before, just let the community addd Gtech if they wated, instead of forcing it to everyone else. (And don't get me wrong, I fucking love GregTech, but knowing the attitude put into creating it just makes me avoid it completely, and now there is 1 less pack I can play because of that.)
I'm not going to get involved in the actual drama/bashing part of this, but I would like to agree with @Wagon153 that Greg is a pretty cool dude.
@Captainnana, I'd love to see a modlist which also declares which mods were added specifically as substitutes for "missing" mods, and which mods were added "just cuz." Or alternatively a modlist that has a "FTB Ultimate" column and "Ultimate: Resurrection Equivalent" column.
Ooooh that's a good idea. I should do that on the wiki...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thanks Santa, look forward to reading that.

IIRC, Ultimate added the "casual" configuration for GregTech. You didn't have the 2-sticks-per-plank stuff going on, etc. Basically people wanted the machines without the scaling and balance and whatnot, which is cool enough. I'm guessing Resurrection does the same (which will automatically deprecate a huge chunk of GT but who cares, that's not what the pack is about)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I remember when Gtech got taken down because of malicious code that made the game crash, and slowpoke said you wouldn't allow a mod (or modder) with that attitude to be a part of ftb, now it's like it never happened. We now have that egomaniac kid again in our modpack. Now there is a pack I will not play because of it, you should have done the same you did before, just let the community addd Gtech if they wated, instead of forcing it to everyone else. (And don't get me wrong, I fucking love GregTech, but knowing the attitude put into creating it just makes me avoid it completely, and now there is 1 less pack I can play because of that.)
GT dates back to a time when there was a lot of blurring between mod and modpack. Whereas a mod gives pieces of an experience, a modpack provides the experience as a whole.

Some modders crossed over into trying to provide the full experience. GregTech's a perfect example of this, by adjusting "basic" mechanics to make the mod function a certain way.

Nowadays we have a better distinction: modders offer amazing configuration abilities, and packmakers have things like ModTweaker/MineTweaker to make adjustments as needed to provide specifically-tailored gamer experiences.

I'm glad GT is in this pack by default. The argument goes both ways. Instead of forcing players to add it if they want it, by default they get closer to the Ultimate experience. Its easier to disable a mod you don't want than to add one you do, and anyone who can't play a pack because they can't hit the disable button...well, some people you just can't work with.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Santa, look forward to reading that.

IIRC, Ultimate added the "casual" configuration for GregTech. You didn't have the 2-sticks-per-plank stuff going on, etc. Basically people wanted the machines without the scaling and balance and whatnot, which is cool enough. I'm guessing Resurrection does the same (which will automatically deprecate a huge chunk of GT but who cares, that's not what the pack is about)
Most of that "super hard" stuff wasn't actually in GT yet during 1.4.7. "Hard mode" was enabled, but that just meant slightly more expensive IC2 and Quarry recipes. All that other stuff came in 1.5.2.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
There are a few odd choices in the pack. It could certainly have done with a public review. A beta where suggestions are actually lessened to. There's bin a severe "we will do what we want" mentality being displayed around here lately.

Action: We state we want a general pack. Response: you can go some where else or make it your self. Result: We do.
Action: We don't want you mucking with the What's new section of the forum. Response: What's new is mucked with. Result: A stagnate and boring forum section.

And if you weren't going to make a general pack then what is this new one? It certainly isn't a duplicate of the original. Even if it had reproduced the old mod list exactly the mods have all changed to much. They are practically new mods, heck most of them are new mods. It has the potential to be a good mod pack. But simply holding to the old version but only adding aesthetic mods just isn't going to work.

A open suggestion forum would do wonders for rounding out the mod list and make most of us happier. Or at lest give us a better place to argue about it. :D

Besides without xycraft it just isn't the same. :p

P.S. They even included Journey Map despite the fact that they should know it causes lag. :/

Go back, take your time and actually read the entire original post, sounding out the words aloud if you need to.

Near the bottom it quite clearly states that the pack is still in Alpha. There's even a little window you have to click past in order to start the pack, but I guess that requires reading as well.

Here, I'll help you a bit:
It’s been a fair bit of time since we have had much in the way of news with regards to FTB pack releases for FTB. On the launcher already is the alpha version of both FTB Lite 3 and Mage Quest. However there has been a lot more going on behind the scenes and tonight we see the Public Alpha release of the Next FTB mod pack.

Codenamed Resurrection, this pack is our recreation of one of our most successful modpacks. In Minecraft 1.4.7 we released FTB Ultimate. With the now infamous Gregtech mod at its core, Ultimate divided the community down the middle. With resurrection Gregtech makes a return to FTB along with many of your other favourite mods from the FTB Ultimate modpack. Whilst the modlist may be similar, you shouldn't however expect the same gameplay. Many of the mods have updated since 1.4.7 and the pack has been modified heavily by the team to help provide a more integrated experience. As we move through to beta and release we have plans to add more new features, however the mod list is pretty much final and those of you wishing to start worlds can do so safely. Unless something major comes up, worlds started with alpha should be playable through to beta and release. However, as always, it must be stated that this release is an alpha release and it should be remembered that changes may be needed between now and release based as always on community feedback.

We hope to have more news about further modpack releases over the coming weeks as well so keep an eye out for that.

Finally just in case I don’t get another opportunity. On behalf of the entire FTB team I would like to take a moment to wish each and every one of you all the best as we move through the Holidays and into the New Year.

Edit:
Bug reports can be sent to here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/resurrection-1-7-10.177/

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Go back, take your time and actually read the entire original post, sounding out the words aloud if you need to.

Near the bottom it quite clearly states that the pack is still in Alpha. There's even a little window you have to click past in order to start the pack, but I guess that requires reading as well.

Here, I'll help you a bit:

The sentence right above the one you snark-emphasized says that the modlist is 'pretty much final', which means that the community did not get an open period to influence the included mods significantly. I don't think it's necessary to be so patronizing.

I would really like to see Ender IO in the pack, as the GregTech item pipes are pretty frustrating and much less flexible than EIO conduits. I also feel that auto-extraction of fluids and items in an intuitive and easy way is bare-minimum for any tech pack. It's especially critical for servers, as bad buildcraft and other pipe systems can significantly impact everyone's play with lag.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zBob and Pyure