Modpack Release

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
It’s been a fair bit of time since we have had much in the way of news with regards to FTB pack releases for FTB. On the launcher already is the alpha version of both FTB Lite 3 and Mage Quest. However there has been a lot more going on behind the scenes and tonight we see the Public Alpha release of the Next FTB mod pack.

Codenamed Resurrection, this pack is our recreation of one of our most successful modpacks. In Minecraft 1.4.7 we released FTB Ultimate. With the now infamous Gregtech mod at its core, Ultimate divided the community down the middle. With resurrection Gregtech makes a return to FTB along with many of your other favourite mods from the FTB Ultimate modpack. Whilst the modlist may be similar, you shouldn't however expect the same gameplay. Many of the mods have updated since 1.4.7 and the pack has been modified heavily by the team to help provide a more integrated experience. As we move through to beta and release we have plans to add more new features, however the mod list is pretty much final and those of you wishing to start worlds can do so safely. Unless something major comes up, worlds started with alpha should be playable through to beta and release. However, as always, it must be stated that this release is an alpha release and it should be remembered that changes may be needed between now and release based as always on community feedback.

We hope to have more news about further modpack releases over the coming weeks as well so keep an eye out for that.

Finally just in case I don’t get another opportunity. On behalf of the entire FTB team I would like to take a moment to wish each and every one of you all the best as we move through the Holidays and into the New Year.

Edit:
Bug reports can be sent to here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/resurrection-1-7-10.177/

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I selected to launch the pack for the first time. Two thoughts I had. One, we could use a official seed to go with the packs for those that like to compare what they did with what was there. Two, there was no "maybe not" option on the alpha warning pop-up. Just a "OK" and a red "X". Both of which did the same thing.

Going to try this out and see. Haven't had much experience with GregTech.

Thanks for all the work the teams put into these.

monkeywraith

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a pretty fun pack, I am quite tempted to suggest it for the server I play on, but lack of Ender IO might be a deal breaker for me. Conduits rock! Any particular reason Ender IO is missing?

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a pretty fun pack, I am quite tempted to suggest it for the server I play on, but lack of Ender IO might be a deal breaker for me. Conduits rock! Any particular reason Ender IO is missing?
Because it bypasses a fair amount of Gregtech I am pretty sure. It could also be because Gregtech already has all the functionality of it.

monkeywraith

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like Harvestcraft was not in Ultimate either, and I figured there were others, so that is apparently not the reason.

As for Gregtech, recipes can easily be changed, it can be made to work with Gregtech manually if it does not automatically; although yes, it is slightly more work. Does anything else have a way of (pre AE) transporting power, signal, items, and fluids all through the same block in an even decently configurable way that is not terrible (which counts out Extra Utilities)? Ender IO has the added bonus of being visibly distinct conduits in the same block and looking awesome, but those details are not required. :p

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
About GregTech, what i hate the most in this mod is machine explosion, but i really like the veriety of machine so i always wanted to learn it. Unfortunately now i'm deaf so i cant ear any more explanation on spotlight/tutorial/let's play so i was wondering if with the new version 1.7.10 there is any complete documentation, or something to learn without earing, the most complicated mod of minecraft ? :c

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
About GregTech, what i hate the most in this mod is machine explosion, but i really like the veriety of machine so i always wanted to learn it. Unfortunately now i'm deaf so i cant ear any more explanation on spotlight/tutorial/let's play so i was wondering if with the new version 1.7.10 there is any complete documentation, or something to learn without earing, the most complicated mod of minecraft ? :c
If you want a walkthrough over documentation this might interest you https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_suVZdSI91JimQTsgR3ejRt1HbxOM87Sh1OO2Fou6zM/edit

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for both links they will be helpfull.

Also if somebody know a youtuber playing the new gregtech by showing clearly what he do it would be nice.
It's important to clearly see what is done because i'm deaf so now sometime i see video where the guys stay and look like speaking about something saying "i will cut the video to do that then i will explain you after" and showing nothing

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Considering all they added to it and the massive amount of changes to the mods in comparison to ultimate and the fact that GT was only a part of the pack and not the center of it and didn't mess with other mods at the time I say the reason is not any of the above listed explanations but ether; because or FISHticks it.
And darnd if we will ever know witch.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
@VikeStep : Thanks again alot for this link ! I started to read the text, it was like i was looking a let's play in my imagination from the time i was not deaf, it made me feel alot better because when i became deaf i was like "i cant understand video anymore" and the part of fun of minecraft is to share your knowledge so i started to play without learning from video anymore and it made me really sad because i really like minecraft but sometime it's really not easy to learn and video help alot.
Anyway :) thanks

Reactions: VikeStep

Proaxel

Jul 29, 2019
It says Equivalent Exchange 3 is in the pack, but according to its forum page it's never been updated to 1.7.10...?

verid

Jul 29, 2019
This is great news!

A little concerned over the mod list, though. For example, there's no Biomes o' Plenty. The old Ultimate pack had ExtraBiomesXL.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
This is great news!

A little concerned over the mod list, though. For example, there's no Biomes o' Plenty. The old Ultimate pack had ExtraBiomesXL.

There are a few odd choices in the pack. It could certainly have done with a public review. A beta where suggestions are actually lessened to. There's bin a severe "we will do what we want" mentality being displayed around here lately.

Action: We state we want a general pack. Response: you can go some where else or make it your self. Result: We do.
Action: We don't want you mucking with the What's new section of the forum. Response: What's new is mucked with. Result: A stagnate and boring forum section.

And if you weren't going to make a general pack then what is this new one? It certainly isn't a duplicate of the original. Even if it had reproduced the old mod list exactly the mods have all changed to much. They are practically new mods, heck most of them are new mods. It has the potential to be a good mod pack. But simply holding to the old version but only adding aesthetic mods just isn't going to work.

A open suggestion forum would do wonders for rounding out the mod list and make most of us happier. Or at lest give us a better place to argue about it. :D

Besides without xycraft it just isn't the same. :p

P.S. They even included Journey Map despite the fact that they should know it causes lag. :/

Last edited: