Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with NJM that I don't need to get involved. This is however just f'ed up. These modders should just talk to each other so stupid shit like this doesn't happen. Glad it's resolved though.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with NJM that I don't need to get involved. This is however just f'ed up. These modders should just talk to each other so stupid shit like this doesn't happen. Glad it's resolved though.

Most do. And talk often. They work together and test one anothers mods to workout incompatibilities and find bugs. They have a server dedicated to that. (Forgcraft. And no It's not open tho the public nore will they except invitation requests. If they want you they will ask you.) Greg seems to be one of the few exceptions. Who isn't willing to work with or take into consideration other mod authors, or even the people who use his mods opinions. He has made that very clear.

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Most do. And talk often. They work together and test one anothers mods to workout incompatibilities and find bugs.
And that's what I like about the FTB and the mods they've chosen. The mods are very nicely curated and the FTB team often talk with the mod authors when something incompatible is found. I whole heartedly appreciate the that work they've put to make the pack what it is today.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Greg's stance on this whole thing seems to be use his mod how he makes it and you don't like it or agree with him then you obviously aren't part of his "user base" as he puts it and he could care less. I for one vote Gregtech be removed from FTB since it seems Greg is just an arse

iRandomness

Jul 29, 2019
Greg's stance on this whole thing seems to be use his mod how he makes it and you don't like it or agree with him then you obviously aren't part of his "user base" as he puts it and he could care less. I for one vote Gregtech be removed from FTB since it seems Greg is just an arse

"Being an arse" isn't really a valid reason, to be fair...

...Going out of his way to crash your client if used with another mod, however? That is. Personally I think Gregtech, if it deserves anything at all after this, should get its own modpack with a very select few mods. IC2 and GT being the 2 "base" mods, and work around that. A hardcore ech pack, if you will. Kinda like the tech-equivalent of Magic Farm.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019

...Going out of his way to crash your client if used with another mod, however? That is. Personally I think Gregtech, if it deserves anything at all after this, should get its own modpack with a very select few mods. IC2 and GT being the 2 "base" mods, and work around that. A hardcore ech pack, if you will. Kinda like the tech-equivalent of Magic Farm.

I used that terminology to be polite, and it's also the way I describe the whole crashing clients code thing. He is allowed to alter mods so he thinks it's fair but if someone else does it to his and this is the result.

Personally I like Gregtech, I like the machines it brings and the improvements it offers as well. I don't really like all the nerfs it does and making something harder for the sake of being hard I.E. must use plates + a crappy tool or three just to make anything metal. I think it's a fair bit overboard. My vote for removing Gregtech from FTB was put down simply due to Greg's attitude, he is an arse and doesn't give a damn about anyone else but himself.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Did you mean to imply that Greg should be rewarded, with a whole pack designed around him, for being an ass?
Might want to rephrase that.

iRandomness

Jul 29, 2019
Did you mean to imply that Greg should be rewarded, with a whole pack designed around him, for being an ass?
Might want to rephrase that.

Yeah I noticed the poor phrasing as I was typing it, was too tired to think of another way round it though. Hence why I tried patching it up with "If it deserves anything at all" :p

Guys, there is no "vote" to remove GT. It doesn't work like that.

People vote by downloading/playing the pack they want. And that's cool.

Aye, that's obvious. Unless I'm on multiplayer I'll usually disable it anyways. That's what the disable button is there for. :p

The only thing I'm wondering though is what if (Emphasis on the if) GregTech keeps pulling these little stunts? If he did it wouldn't affect me personally, but as one of the modpack guys, I can't imagine it makes what I already assume is an awkward "job" easier for you.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, there is no "vote" to remove GT. It doesn't work like that.

People vote by downloading/playing the pack they want. And that's cool.

Wyld there's bin less than a dozen posts on the subject not counting your last or this one and only that one guy mentioned vote. And I don't think he was implying that there was a literal vote. :D
There has bin surprisingly little discussion about it in this thread and what there has bin has bin fare and open minded. Yah I know I can't believe it ether. Where's the traditional rants and raves. I guess all that got burnt out in other threads. Ether that or there simply isn't that much to disagree with. I'm so proud to have bin even a bit part of this particular chain of impossibly pleasant posts. Even though it will never last. :p

Oh and Wyld are you planing on adding a batch of new mods to the next beta release?

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Wyld there's bin less than a dozen posts on the subject not counting your last or this one and only that one guy mentioned vote. And I don't think he was implying that there was a literal vote. :D
There has bin surprisingly little discussion about it in this thread and what there has bin has bin fare and open minded. Yah I know I can't believe it ether. Where's the traditional rants and raves. I guess all that got burnt out in other threads. Ether that or there simply isn't that much to disagree with. I'm so proud to have bin even a bit part of this particular chain of impossibly pleasant posts. Even though it will never last. :p

Oh and Wyld are you planing on adding a batch of new mods to the next beta release?

Your right, I wasn't specifically "voting" for anything, merely stating an opinion.

I am not planning on adding a batch of new mods. If anything, we're already a bit on the bloated side.

Then why not entertain the notion of removing the bloat by starting at Gregtech? Maybe started as disabled for those that really want it I.E BoP if you don't want to remove it?

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
Then why not entertain the notion of removing the bloat by starting at Gregtech? Maybe started as disabled for those that really want it I.E BoP if you don't want to remove it?

Why remove it? There's a separate pack for those who want to play with GT. I personally use the pack without it.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to GregTech, and bloat. From the profiling I have done, GT is one of the better mods. And that's including the multiblock structures.

There is also a factor of weighing up 'want from the userbase' and the effectiveness of the mods. Plus, there's the 'use' of a mod, and which one takes up processing/memory compared to that feature and function a mod provides.

It's .. indepth ..

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
But from everything i have read, not from GT himself who has proven and stated how please he was about hurting end users to get his way and lied repeatedly about has done this in the first place until caught, the code is STILL there, just a trigger was removed.

I wish FTB would not expose my son and his friend to someone with those, um, morals.

He simply cannot be trusted.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to GregTech, and bloat. From the profiling I have done, GT is one of the better mods. And that's including the multiblock structures.

There is also a factor of weighing up 'want from the userbase' and the effectiveness of the mods. Plus, there's the 'use' of a mod, and which one takes up processing/memory compared to that feature and function a mod provides.

It's .. indepth ..

I would agree with you in the sense that despite everything Gregtech is one of the better mods. As for the userbase, I don't have statistics on their wants and I don't propose enforcing my views on everyone, that is why the suggestion to start disabled, it would do away with having two packs. And as for mod testing I have absolutely no idea what you guys do to test the mods (though I get some idea of at least part of it from what you said), and I applaud the efforts to which you guys go to.

I only put down what I did as a mere suggestion, in the end as I enjoy playing FTB I will go with what you guys end up putting out there :)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I just don't want this debacle to hinder the progress on other modpacks without GT in it any more than is necessary. I used to like GT even though I disliked the author's attitude, but this latest stunt has led me to drop it completely and I will be swapping to ngt for v.9 and up.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this childishness has given Wyld and the others enough stress so I don't want to make it seem like I'm demanding anything be done - I just don't want to see a single mod hold back releases of non-affiliated packs.

LittleDan45

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I just don't want this debacle to hinder the progress on other modpacks without GT in it any more than is necessary. I used to like GT even though I disliked the author's attitude, but this latest stunt has led me to drop it completely and I will be swapping to ngt for v.9 and up.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this childishness has given Wyld and the others enough stress so I don't want to make it seem like I'm demanding anything be done - I just don't want to see a single mod hold back releases of non-affiliated packs.
I totally agree. That is my exact thought

Ian Holm

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest thing I want to see in the 1.5.2 FTB pack right now is stability. I don't need new mods, new features, whatever. I just want it to stop crashing, I want to be able to run a server for more than 24 hours without it crashing. I love Mystcraft but dang does it crash things a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.