Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Holm

Jul 29, 2019
I know I was able to put items into an induction furnace using a router in 1.4.7 and now i can't in 1.5.2

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Well, after reading the latest fiasco with GT I have to say focus on updating the ngt pack and have mods with alternate recipes use the Thermal Expansion recipes (like MFR). Greg has jumped the shark with the latest changes and at least dartcraft can be disabled easily.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Latest version of Dartcraft has, in fact, included a range of options to help 'nerf' some of the OP. I will certainly be using some of them in the default configs, mainly due to cross-mod interaction make it even more powerful (ie: MFR Rancher = All the milk for engines you will ever need, and then some).

Reactions: hhhjort

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
That and from what I hear the loot bags can drop nether stars and portal guns. That and the powerful tools is what turned me off from it, but it's just as easy to remove dartcraft as any other mod if we feel like it gives too much of an advantage.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Latest version of Dartcraft has, in fact, included a range of options to help 'nerf' some of the OP. I will certainly be using some of them in the default configs, mainly due to cross-mod interaction make it even more powerful (ie: MFR Rancher = All the milk for engines you will ever need, and then some).

What? Nooo!!! Then you'll start saying hooking up 20 Ranchers to one cow is cruel and unusual.

Reactions: Sarda

Arii1986

Jul 29, 2019
That and from what I hear the loot bags can drop nether stars and portal guns. That and the powerful tools is what turned me off from it, but it's just as easy to remove dartcraft as any other mod if we feel like it gives too much of an advantage.

I do like the concept of the spoils bags (plus my collection of Force Gloves is rather spiffing) but getting Nether stars is a bit much - perhaps if there was a config file to edit the loot available in spoils bags?

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
It would seem that Greg and mDiyo have moderately mended fences and offending code bits are being removed in the latest Gregtech. It just means that the versions listed on that spreadsheet need to be updated to the most recent versions rather than the listed versions. What that means as far as other mod interactions and balance, only Wyld will know until a release. Its entirely possible that its a relatively easy change, but due to time zone differences, he may not be aware that Greg and mDiyo are planning on playing nice-ish now.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
It would seem that Greg and mDiyo have moderately mended fences and offending code bits are being removed in the latest Gregtech. It just means that the versions listed on that spreadsheet need to be updated to the most recent versions rather than the listed versions. What that means as far as other mod interactions and balance, only Wyld will know until a release. Its entirely possible that its a relatively easy change, but due to time zone differences, he may not be aware that Greg and mDiyo are planning on playing nice-ish now.

At least until someone else does something Greg doesn't "approve" of and decides to crash peoples clients again.....

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
At least until someone else does something Greg doesn't "approve" of and decides to crash peoples clients again.....

Indeed. Any mod that uses client crash tactics to force a separate mod author to make a change, and doesn't remove it relatively fast (and yes, REMOVE, not just disable) should not be included in modpacks. In the end, its the user that gets punished and reduces what little illusion of choice that all of us have.

I like Gregtech, but if Greg says "use my recipes or I'll crash your game so you can't play at all"... then my server that I admin will be removing GT. I'll play Minecraft, regardless of the presence of GT.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any evidence that GT or mDiyo added code to mess with the other persons mod? If so I agree with Slaagathor and will remove the offending mod(s) from my personal play regardless of how useful they are. I learned to love GT and TC/Natura. I can also learn to play without them as well. Trying to force ones mod philosophy on another is really messed up.

hhhjort

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any evidence that GT or mDiyo added code to mess with the other persons mod? If so I agree with Slaagathor and will remove the offending mod(s) from my personal play regardless of how useful they are. I learned to love GT and TC/Natura. I can also learn to play without them as well. Trying to force ones mod philosophy on another is really messed up.

From the reading of the original description of the issue, I would not necessarily say that Greg sabotaged the code to not run with TC. I could also read it that they were both trying to modify something and the conflicting changes crashed the game. I would prefer to see some evidence of ill intent before deciding that "play nice together" and "mending fences" wasn't simply colorful commentary on a simple code conflict. I do hope that is all it was, but on the other hand I cannot discount the possibility it was a personality conflict rather than a code conflict at the root of the matter.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
They both admitted it in several places. I could point it out one or two of them but I'm not going to help others add to the argument. This is/was a issue that ended up becoming a personal one between the both of them. This issue is now, hopefully, resolved. And the rest of us need not get involved.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
From the reading of the original description of the issue, I would not necessarily say that Greg sabotaged the code to not run with TC. I could also read it that they were both trying to modify something and the conflicting changes crashed the game. I would prefer to see some evidence of ill intent before deciding that "play nice together" and "mending fences" wasn't simply colorful commentary on a simple code conflict. I do hope that is all it was, but on the other hand I cannot discount the possibility it was a personality conflict rather than a code conflict at the root of the matter.

Actually, as I heard it, it started when Greg deliberately overrode mDyo's recipes. As Greg has done in the past with others.
MD countered by adding code that returned a mess of recipes that Greg changed back to there default state.
Greg then added code that caused the game to crash if those recipes were messed with.
After this Wyld had a few words for Greg and mDyo called for a truce.
And that is where we stand at the moment.

VerusAnimus

Jul 29, 2019
I read a most all the stuff, from what I saw it went, greg nerfed wood so you get less, but added a config to change it to normal, the config didn't work with tc installed so Mdyo made it so wood gave the normal 4 planks. Greg got mad and made him wear the pumpkin of shame if he was using gregs mod. A code that targeted him and changed his name and put a pumpkin on his head. mDyo did something, from what I got sent greg a massage if greg logged in through the game chat, so Greg made it so if you had tc installed with gt and was using a version with tcs new normal wood amounts the game crashed. There might have been a few more things that happened I missed but in the end mDyo didn't make a whole lot of peoples game crash. Greg personally admitted to crashing the game over the amount of planks logs give....

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Actually, as I heard it, it started when Greg deliberately overrode mDyo's recipes. As Greg has done in the past with others.
MD countered by adding code that returned a mess of recipes that Greg changed back to there default state.
Greg then added code that caused the game to crash if those recipes were messed with.
After this Wyld had a few words for Greg and mDyo called for a truce.
And that is where we stand at the moment.

FFS indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.