Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I very agree with Baxtor if you play a mod, play it the way the maker wanted to.
If you want to config it fine, and as to Tyrellen and Molten, The majority of the people want GT to be on hard mode, so why would the majority go config, while the minority doesnt?
It's like saying 2 people want apple pie, 6 people want banana, so the baker makes 6 apple pie and 2 banana
Do you have a source for that? Not saying you're wrong, but I'd be interested in seeing a poll on how many enjoy Gregtech because of the machines it adds and how many enjoys it for the difficulty.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
Let's take Slowpoke for example.... He enjoys Gregtech, he plays and streams with 1.5.2gt.
But the first thing he doe's in his stream in a new world is cheat himself in a bunch of tools to get started. He also does things like turn off rain etc.
Nothing wrong with this, It just demonstrates that not everyone who plays gt and enjoys gt is after a truly hardcore experience..

He cheats himself in, thats fine if slowpoke feels the need to cheat in a game that is already far to easy, thats up to him, but he makes that choice and those tools and the rain are not cheated as standard for everyone as you would have it for easy mode.

Grr I couldnt resist sorry, I really am going to leave it now as I have far too much work left to do for a friday adternoon

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I very agree with Baxtor if you play a mod, play it the way the maker wanted to.
And then
The majority of the people want GT to be on hard mode

Your post just contradicts itself, if you want to play the game how the mod maker wanted you to why would you want to make it harder since that wasn't what the mod maker intended?

Either way I have no issues with how "Hard" Gregtech is to start with since once you get established the "Hard" recipes aren't at all an issue. I have issues with the fact Gregtech messes with other mods and their ORIGINAL IDEAS
if you play a mod, play it the way the maker wanted to.

I actually enjoy playing with Gregtech and don't really care if there is even a config there TBH. I play with Gregtech and I don't even look at the configs.

Edit: Fixed it

Lanolin

Jul 29, 2019
You guys need to make your own thread for your gregtech arguments, lol. You all just say the same thing back and forth at each other, gaining no ground at all for either side of the debate. "You're dumb. No you're dumb. Nuh uh you're dumb. No you!" You guys are silly!

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
Believe it or not, IC2 is already updated for 1.6.1

Biomes o' Plenty and EBXL will be out shortly; and ComputerCraft is undoubtedly going to be shortly behind (one of my favorite mods).

As for FTB and 1.6.1 - doubt anyone will see anything for a while. There's just not enough (decent) mods out there yet.

When did IC2 update? the wiki doesnt even show that!

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
The majority of the people want GT to be on hard mode, so why would the majority go config, while the minority doesnt?

This is what is known as an unsupported assertion. It's also irrelevant. Configs for GT are robust, so it doesn't matter in what 'mode' the pack ships, merely change it to your preference after downloading. It just feels like quite a few people equate 'hard mode' with epeen, which is more than a little humorous.

Fenghuang

Jul 29, 2019
So. With the WGT pack .. what do you say we turn on ALL the hard mode options >.>

We have a division of people who want difficult recipes and people who just want better machines. It seems to my mind the easiest way to settle this is to just change the NGT pack to easyGT, have no recipe changes in it and people who played NGT would just need to not use the machines, while everyone else can use the WGT with hard mode. This would put us right back to where we were before all this arguing

iRandomness

Jul 29, 2019
I understand the point, but if you wish to play with a mod ie: gregtech then it should be played as author intended, not changed to fit how you like to play

And yet Gregtech changes other mods to fit his mod.

Easy mode = More mods set to how the authors wish you to play them.
Hard Mode = Only Gregtech set to how Greg wants you to play the entirety of all the other tech mods.

Personally I think rather than an NGT pack and WGT pack, there should be GT Hardmode pack and GT Easymode pack. That way on easy mode, people can, but don't have to use GT, essentially making it NGT.

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
You can see some of the updated mods here. There's a lot on here that aren't on the spreadsheet. Of course, most of these aren't FTB, but there are quite a few that are.

yeah, I think it's only looking through that list. which is missing a NEI/ Codechicken listing. I plan on cobbling a 1.6 myself once enough Mods have updated, just for testing, but NEI is on the top of my must have list. If I'm gonna deal with block ID issues i have to have that mod.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Well when I see one they stick out like a sore thumb, but I've only found the magic bees hives (which aren't even in nei) when using BoP and haven't seen a single Extra Bees hive unless I turn it off completely (BoP still spawns the nether in a "normal" world). This could just be luck, but the whole point of me looking for them is so I could get blaze rods easier without fighting them, but in my newest seed there's like 3 nether fortresses connected to each other near where I plan on making my portal in my survival world.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, the latest dev builds of TC are in RC3 right now. Hopefully with it being updated we'll see Wyld come out of the rock he hid under and get 0.9 out :p

Seriously though, where has he been :O

Status
Not open for further replies.