Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stilleraben

Jul 29, 2019
Known issue i just found, if you are running this on a server with MCPC+ and a creeper explodes. CreeperColatoral hates it.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Playin with the 0.8 1.5.2 wgt and it seems greg has beaten the snot outta people who are starting out. (at least a stack of iron to make your first required machine (you can't really afford to make machine blocks if you don't use it) and now he's added a 10th of one of his crappy recipied wrenches to be required.. is there ANY way to tone this down? it's getting nuts.

P.s. you can send compressed cobble to the recycler

oblivionx007

Jul 29, 2019
this is probably stupid but every time i try to use 1.5 pack it keeps giving me 0.7 version is this just a typo or how do i get .8 version

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
Playin with the 0.8 1.5.2 wgt and it seems greg has beaten the snot outta people who are starting out. (at least a stack of iron to make your first required machine (you can't really afford to make machine blocks if you don't use it) and now he's added a 10th of one of his crappy recipied wrenches to be required.. is there ANY way to tone this down? it's getting nuts.

Umm, you can afford to make machine blocks....... Not really that difficult.
So what, that's 8 refined iron plates, which is 16 refined iron + six of either bronze, steel or refined iron (just go looking in dungeon chests/villagers for 10 minutes, enough steel and bronze for this, and remember you can melt down metal armour and tools). All of that plus the cost of a wrench, which if you are making machines, you will need anyway.... (7 ref iron, steel or bronze). That makes 29 metal ingots in total.... Unless there is some hidden cost I have never heard of before, that's quite a bit off of A FULL STACK. Don't know about you, but I usually go mining at the very start, with bags, and come back with two stacks of every ore, to make sure that I can get started with machines. This recipe isn't hard, in fact, its piss easy compared to the macerator with 3 diamonds, which I usually find after two hours, instead of finding either 29 iron ore, or 15 iron ore and using an AE grind stone to get 30 dust. Its not hard, its just different
Deal with it, we all have to

Edit: That's even less iron if you find 6 steel/bronze and 7 steel/bronze in a chest, as you can use those in the wrench and hammer recipes. Also, you only need the hammer/wrench once, as it just uses durability, not an entire hammer or wrench per craft, so it goes down to 16 iron per machine block after that (till they run out of durability, and you have to recraft them)

this is probably stupid but every time i try to use 1.5 pack it keeps giving me 0.7 version is this just a typo or how do i get .8 version

When you click on the 1.5 pack, make sure you click on where it says either 0.7 or Recommended (under the maps tab) and change this to 0.8.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
select 0.8 from the drop down. Some else had the issue where it kept saying his stuff was corrupt; he had to go into %appdata% and delete the FTB launcher folder - and then reinstall.

iRandomness

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if more world resets are expected between 0.8 and a stable version of the pack? I ask because I plan to run a public 1.5 server when a stable version releases, but want to make a spawn for said server ASAP, and obviously can't if another forced reset is gonna happen.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if more world resets are expected between 0.8 and a stable version of the pack? I ask because I plan to run a public 1.5 server when a stable version releases, but want to make a spawn for said server ASAP, and obviously can't if another forced reset is gonna happen.
Forced? No. But that doesn't mean you not have issues. I know between 0.6 and 0.7 I had a few glitches; and 0.8 had a ton.

iRandomness

Jul 29, 2019
Forced? No. But that doesn't mean you not have issues. I know between 0.6 and 0.7 I had a few glitches; and 0.8 had a ton.

My main concern is just straight up not being able to play the same world after another version, I'm expecting some ID changes again, as is usual with pack updates, but that's not too much of an issue, because I planned to create the spawn area, save the world somewhere until the pack releases, paste to the server then explore, meaning minimal ID change screwups, if any.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
My main concern is just straight up not being able to play the same world after another version, I'm expecting some ID changes again, as is usual with pack updates, but that's not too much of an issue, because I planned to create the spawn area, save the world somewhere until the pack releases, paste to the server then explore, meaning minimal ID change screwups, if any.
I personally would wait; maybe build what you want and then use something like MCEdit to move the buildings over.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019

P.s. you can send compressed cobble to the recycler

A few tips for v0.8. The omniwrench has been updated to work with GT machines already and it's still unbreakable - use it. Before getting into any other mods or making upgrades to your base should get a TC smeltery with the casting basins. With the smeltery get 18 iron ore and smelt them down and form 4 iron blocks and make a tool forge. From there make a hammer. Once you get a TC hammer (I suggest flint plates, stone head, and wooden handle since the flint adds a bit more dur and increases the speed while still only costing cobble to repair) go mine. With its high dur, stone bound (from either cobble or flint, flint gives better), and 3x3 area you will clear out massive amounts of stone in no time. I also suggest making a couple of barrels to hold all of the cobble you will be getting - a single trip can be maybe 5 minutes before you get full -_-

Edit: While talking about Tinkers Construct, I should also point out that the latest dev build added Thaumium as a possible tool material so yay.

Reactions: RoloisRight

digitalseraphim

Jul 29, 2019

Um... someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I've been out of the loop for a little while, but I thought there was *never* going to be a "stable" build of the 1.5.2 packs. I was under the impression that they were perpetual-beta...

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
I was considering that actually, does MCEdit agree with non-vanilla IDs, though? If so I'll do that.
Honestly - I have no idea. I used it once... :(

Um... someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I've been out of the loop for a little while, but I thought there was *never* going to be a "stable" build of the 1.5.2 packs. I was under the impression that they were perpetual-beta...
1.4.7 are basically back-shelved; no more updates. 1.5.2 is going to (eventually) be the "premier pack". 1.6 is still up in the air as to what will happen.

digitalseraphim

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.7 are basically back-shelved; no more updates. 1.5.2 is going to (eventually) be the "premier pack". 1.6 is still up in the air as to what will happen.

Sorry to be a non-believer.. but do you have a link to this information? Everything I remember said that 1.5.2 was just a stopgap, until the 1.6 packs came out... but maybe I have just misunderstood since the beginning of the 1.5.2 talks... I remember it being said that the 1.5.2 packs would not be backwards, nor forwards compatible... *shrug* :confused:

iRandomness

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I believe Wyld (Correct me if I'm wrong) said a few pages back that there will be an official pack for 1.5.2 at some point. Or at least something to that degree.

Edit; Found it, 7 pages back: "Whilst it can be fun playing with the new stuff, end of the day, the beta packs are released for *testing*. We do expect to release a production pack for 1.5 but not until the issues are finally sorted."

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I believe Wyld (Correct me if I'm wrong) said a few pages back that there will be an official pack for 1.5.2 at some point. Or at least something to that degree.

Edit; Found it, 7 pages back: "Whilst it can be fun playing with the new stuff, end of the day, the beta packs are released for *testing*. We do expect to release a production pack for 1.5 but not until the issues are finally sorted."

It's highly unlikely that a 1.5 production will ever see light - since 1.6 is now out. That said, I'm still not sure when we'll see updates for the "core" mods to bring them into 1.6 (I'm sure there is a thread on this but i havent found it yet) but in any case it would be foolish to expect everyone to be ready to update only days after the release. Give them some time - they aren't getting paid for this; and not everyone is as obsessed as others.

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
It's highly unlikely that a 1.5 production will ever see light - since 1.6 is now out. That said, I'm still not sure when we'll see updates for the "core" mods to bring them into 1.6 (I'm sure there is a thread on this but i havent found it yet) but in any case it would be foolish to expect everyone to be ready to update only days after the release. Give them some time - they aren't getting paid for this; and not everyone is as obsessed as others.

Most mods will have a 'final' update before 1.6, they won't leave it broken on the previous version.

iRandomness

Jul 29, 2019

Huh? Not sure I understood any of that. Wyld himself, one of modpack team, said there'd eventually be a 1.5 production pack. I also don't remember ever mentioning a 1.6 pack, so I'm not sure where everything past the first sentence came from?

Blackmoore

Jul 29, 2019
Huh? Not sure I understood any of that. Wyld himself, one of modpack team, said there'd eventually be a 1.5 production pack. I also don't remember ever mentioning a 1.6 pack, so I'm not sure where everything past the first sentence came from?

I'm not sure how there could ever be a 1.5 production pack, unless they lock in the existing 1.5 beta pack with the final versions of the mods in that pack.

I guess i don't expect the Modders to bother with any more updates to 1.5 (or 1.4) as we move into 1.6

And if i remember right- there is STILL a option to run the FTB BETA pack (1.3?)

Status
Not open for further replies.