Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I would post an Intersting bit of world gen with 0.7 and BOP.

Not a desert in sight.

Ba4iVKf.jpg

Kaerras

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers Construct requires some tool parts (metal ones) to be smelted. This can be changed in configs, but it's how the mod is intended to be.

Alright, I have tried using ingots in the part builder, and get nothing in the result. IE: I tried to put a Pickaxe Head Pattern in upper left, iron ingot in upper right, nothing shows up in the results on the right. I then tried using a smeltery to make an aluminum brass plate (blank cast), to make a mold, but when I take the plate to the stencil table, only Ingot Cast is listed - it wont cycle to any other pattern. I've now tried this on both NGT and WGT.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I have tried using ingots in the part builder, and get nothing in the result. IE: I tried to put a Pickaxe Head Pattern in upper left, iron ingot in upper right, nothing shows up in the results on the right. I then tried using a smeltery to make an aluminum brass plate (blank cast), to make a mold, but when I take the plate to the stencil table, only Ingot Cast is listed - it wont cycle to any other pattern. I've now tried this on both NGT and WGT.
Watch Direwolf20's most recent SMP video

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
You have to put a wooden stencil of what part type you want on the casting table now. So if you want a pickaxe head cast, you need to put a wooden stencil for the pickaxe head onto the stencil table and then cover it in either aluminum brass or gold. This is a documented change on the minecraft forum thread for Tinker's Construct btw. Apparently the other option is to pour the aluminum brass or gold onto a tool part instead of a wooden stencil.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just a heads up, Tinker's construct has gone up to 1.3.6.7, so I suggest grabbing it and adding it to the pack :O

techmach

Jul 29, 2019
nei addons needs to be updated to 1.8 for forestry 2.2.8.x support. The bees arent showing.

Does anyone know what mod / config option adds that block name overlay on the top? Its really just redundant and irritating imo.

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
nei addons needs to be updated to 1.8 for forestry 2.2.8.x support. The bees arent showing.

Does anyone know what mod / config option adds that block name overlay on the top? Its really just redundant and irritating imo.

Which one are you talking about? I know NEI has a tooltip option that pops up an overlay when you mouse over something, but it's disabled by default.

techmach

Jul 29, 2019
Which one are you talking about? I know NEI has a tooltip option that pops up an overlay when you mouse over something, but it's disabled by default?

The one that shows up at the top of your screen when you look at a block and shows you the name of the block along with a thumbnail. D:

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
Press 'E' to bring up inventory, then in the bottom left click 'options' to bring up NEI options. There's an option in there for 'tooltip' or 'hint' or something in there. I forget what it's called exactly.

Also, are the NEI chunk boundary lines or mob spawn grid working for anyone? F7/F9 don't seem to do anything for me.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick heads up .. am suffering a little with lack of sleep and a headcold .. but have been documenting and testing most the day. Already up to around 23 things to address, from config tweaks to specific mod version things.

I'm going to keep pushing on through for a day or two, gather as much info as possible, and test/push a 0.7.1 update.

Oh and yes, I'll be adding in the MPS Addon mod as well :p

techmach

Jul 29, 2019
Press 'E' to bring up inventory, then in the bottom left click 'options' to bring up NEI options. There's an option in there for 'tooltip' or 'hint' or something in there. I forget what it's called exactly.

Also, are the NEI chunk boundary lines or mob spawn grid working for anyone? F7/F9 don't seem to do anything for me.

oh .. thanks :D. f7 worked for me earlier when I was on top of a redwood tree. Now that I'm below it dosen't seem to work.
f9 still works though

Status
Not open for further replies.