Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the WGT pack seems to be functional, both client and server. NGT should be fairly simple, just a change/update of configs and switching two mods around.

For this release, I'm not including any biome mods .. only because it will complicate this release. If you want them, feel free to add them yourself. Do note, the last time I used BoP with 0.6, there were itemID conflicts so you will need to manage them.

Once they're done, will make a *new* post (rather than continue this one) with a complete changelog and list of new mods added.

Now, where's my coffee ..

Oh and as an aside, once the packs are done and uploaded to the team, I'll probably do some streaming of the 0.7 GregTech pack on my private/test server.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Well once it comes out and I'm able to deal with it I'll come up with a quick config for BoP. If you want any specific biomes disabled let me know and I'll consider it for the config (will probably take out marsh).

Reactions: dwappo

hhhjort

Jul 29, 2019
The downside of adding biomes is, particularly for single player, that it becomes more difficult to find a biome you are looking for. Instead of just the 7 vanilla biomes to traverse, it becomes much more possible to need to cross two jungles, three plains, two mountains, four forests, and three more swamps before you finally find a desert with the cactus you need. So I do prefer keeping the biome list as slim as possible while still getting a good diversity. Here is a list of Biomes 'O Plenty biomes I came up with as a reduced list:
Bamboo Forest
Cherry Blossom Grove
Crag
Garden
Heathland
Highland
Hot Springs
Jade Cliffs
Lush Desert
Mystic Grove
Orchard
Origin Valley
Seasonal Forest
Shield
Wetland

I am also a little unsure of the nether biomes, particularly Corrupted Sands and Phantasmagoric Inferno. Of course part of it is lazyness, they tend to pave over the netherrack, making it more work to find ores in the nether. ;)

What do you guys think?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Well I know for sure I'm going to take out Polar, Marsh, and Arctic since they don't really add anything new. If it's a biome hat has blocks for the BoP achieves they will remain, as well as unique biomes such as Mystic Forest, Volcano, Deadlands, etc.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, working on a config for BoP's biome generation right now. Decided to turn on villages in the Dead Swamp biome to give it the feel of a swamp village that isn't doing too well, though I might turn it off again after seeing how the villages look. For biomes, so far I've turned off Arctic, Grassland, Marsh, Moor, Polar and Steppe. These don't really add anything new and are fairly barren biomes and, in the case of Marsh, can be annoying to traverse.

Edit: So, thinking of maybe adding in village gen with wastelands and removing the quagmire and sludgepit biomes, thoughts?

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so a quick update.

Packs are done. I REPEAT, THE 0.7 PACKS ARE DONE. They're being uploaded for checking and then to be placed in the repo. DO NOT EXPECT TO DOWNLOAD THEM NOW! Once they've been checked and placed in the repo, we (I?) will make a new post on the front page .. thing.

Here's the changelog .. includes all mods, what's been updated, and what's been added:

Code:
== InstMods ==
Forge - 7.8.1.737

== CoreMods ==
CodeChickenCore - 0.8.7
CoFHCore - 1.5.2.5 (UPDATED)
denLib - 3.0.14
Infinibows - 1.0.0.10 (NEW)
InvTweaks - 1.55.b34
NotEnoughItems - 1.5.2.28
PowerCrystalsCore - 1.1.6-107

== Mods ==
AdvancedPowerManagement - 1.1.68 (NEW)
AdvancedSolarPanels - 3.3.7
AppliedEnergistics - rv11-b (UPDATED)
BackTools - 1.5.2.1 (NEW)
BiblioCraft - 1.3.1
BuildCraft - 3.7.0 (UPDATED)
ChargePads - 2.7.0.86 (NEW)
ChickenChunks - 1.3.2.12
CompactSolars - 4.2.0.50
ComputerCraft - 1.53
DamageIndicators - 2.7.0.1 (NEW)
DartCraft - 0.1.16 (NGT Pack Only)
DenPipes - 2.0.6 (NEW)
EquivilentExchange3 - pre1h-16
EnderStorage - 1.4.2.12
EnhancedPortals - 1.0.1 (NEW)
ExtraBees - 1.6-pre15 (NEW)
ExtraUtils - 0.2.4a (UPDATED)
Factorization - 0.7.37
Forestry - 2.2.8.2 (UPDATED)
GateCopy - 3.0.2 (NEW)
GraviSuite - 1.9.2 (NEW)
GravityGun - 1.5.1
GregTech - 3.07i (WGT Pack Only)
IChunUtil - 1.0.1
IndustrialCraft2 - 1.115.348-lf_alpha
IronChest - 5.2.6.433 (UPDATED)
MagicBees - 2.0.2 (UPDATED)
MineFactoryReloaded - 2.6.4-975
MiscPeripherals - 3.3e
ModularForcefieldSystem - 2.3.0.1-28dev
ModularPowerSuits - 0.7.0.537 (UPDATED)
ModularPowerSuitsAddons - 0.2.3.157 (NEW)
Mystcraft - 0.10.4.00
Natura - 2.1 (UPDATED)
NEIAddons - 1.8.0.r23 (UPDATED)
NEIPlugins - 1.0.9.3
ObsidiPlates - 1.5.0.13
OmniTools - 3.1.6.0 (UPDATED)
OpenCCSensors - 1.5.2.0
PluginsForForestry - 3.0.17
PortalGun - 1.5.2
RailCraft - 7.2.3.0
SoulShards - 1.0.36
Stacky - 1.3.1.12 (NEW)
StevesCarts - 2.0.0.a120
ThaumCraft - 3.0.5e
ThaumicTinkerer - 1.0.5
ThermalExpansion - 2.4.5.0 (UPDATED)
TinkersConstruct - 1.3.5.rc4 (UPDATED)
TradeBooth - 0.4.2 (NEW)
TwilightForest - 1.18.1
VoxelMap - 1.5.2.u88

And now, if you'll excuse me .. I'm going to get a scotch, setup my private server (going to install Highlands with this one, see how it goes, never used it before), and actually *play* the game I love for a change ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.