Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
So if 1.6 is coming out next week are we just going to scrap the 1.5.2 mod pack? I mean it's not even ready for release before the next update is up.
I can't imagine them giving up - after all, just cuz 1.6 comes out next month doesn't mean other mods are going to be ready.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
*IF* everything falls together, I am pushing for a 0.7 release today. My only concern is a new version of Buildcraft hit, so we'll see if that causes anything to explode.
Don't suppose that'll be 'soon' as in the next few hours? :) I was just about to take my server down for some tweaks.... :)

Reactions: YasukiHumai

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So if 1.6 is coming out next week are we just going to scrap the 1.5.2 mod pack? I mean it's not even ready for release before the next update is up. I both love and hate when Minecraft updates. If I could just float an idea about the FTB community it would be this. Can we just pick a few mods that require world gen, minus RedPower, and build a mod pack around those? Then slowly add more as they get tested. Kind of like an evolving pack.

What part of the 1.5 being a temporary pack didn't you get. Now with the 1.5.2 being so close to being live ready they'll probably go ahead and releases it. After all it'll take a while for mods to get updated to 1.6.
But keep in mind that this pack was never intended to be updated past 1.5. And with the release of 1.6 it won't be updated to anything like 1.5.3.
And no map created on it will be compatible with any other mod pack. But much like the beta pack it will always be available for use.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
The beta 1.5.2 pack will continue during the lifecycle of 1.5.2 itself. Once we get a range of 1.6 mods, we will gear up and start making them.

It's all pretty simple really :)

Reactions: Ashzification

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
The beta 1.5.2 pack will continue during the lifecycle of 1.5.2 itself. Once we get a range of 1.6 mods, we will gear up and start making them.

It's all pretty simple really :)

They probably don't get that the beta designation will never change. :p

But while we are on the subject of betas anyone think that making a general beta pack that is kept updated is a good idea.
Not beta for individual mods but beta as a pack. Something that would change a lot be a true experimental pack. Something in between forgcraft and FTB live release.
With the general consequences that at any time a old world would could be made incompatible with the latest version of the pack. And would be inherently buggy and prone to crashing.
It could be very interesting and fun to play even with the difficulties of playing a beta. Some of us would play just for the extra challenge. :p

Note: If there is any positive response I'll open a new thread or ask a mod to do so. Don't want to clock this one up with too many off topic posts.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. There are reasons to reboot a world, but with such awesome mods as Mystcraft, there are ways around it.

If you don't run Mystcraft to make a new digging age, you can always run like a madman and create more worldgen. It is VERY rare that you NEED to throw a world away. There are *reasons* why it may be wise, but it's not *needed*.

Could always use MC edit to delete chunks and regen them on load.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Am running a test server (with what I think is the final list of mods for this release) now .. WGT first, then will hit NGT.

"Soon."

So I take it buildcraft made 0.7 explode?

Actually, so far BC (and things hooking into it) seem to be fairly well behaved.

Status
Not open for further replies.