Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the NGT pack, so I guess I'll just throw it in and hope that it doesn't conflict with any other mods that get added in later releases.

Thanks for the info, Wyld!

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Found an awesome bug. I can't climb ladders. Yup.

Started a hardcore game (the only way to test), built a 7x7 house, dug into the ground whilst a spider chewed at my ceiling .. established my first mining room .. went to go up the ladder, and nope. So there I stand. Slowly starving. Pork cooking in the furnaces above me.

Bed time for me now, but we'll look into that first thing ;)

Reactions: Francis Baster

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
For those wondering these are the things I added and updated to 0.5 without ANY issues whatsoever...

In coremods
CoFHCore 1.5.2.4
Denlib 1.5.2-3.0.14
PowercrystalsCore 1.1.6-107

In Mods
Advanced-machines 55.0.3 (this is Immibis's adv machines)
Chargepads 1.5.2-universal-2.7.0.86
Extra bees 1.6-pre13
Immibis core 55.1.3
Industrialcrafdt 1.115.348-lf
Minefactoryrelaoded 2.6.4-975
Gravisuite 1-9-2
Neiaddons 1.5.2-1.7.2.r21
NEIPlugins 1.0.9.3
NetherOres 2.1.5-75
Omnitools 3.1.5.0
PluginsforForestry 1.5.2-3.0.17
POwerConverters 2.3.0-54
Railcraft 1.5.2-7.2.3.0
ThermalExpansion 2.4.4.1

I wait to see what Wyld does with Tinkers Construct because it was rolled back from the 0.5 release, but I now have this running on my server and 3 clients with no issues atm. I post this so if people want to add mods that I certainly consider as part of a core pack they can see which versions work without any issue.

I got the impression from Wyld that no new mods will be added anytime soon as Slowpoke needs to say that. For a beta pack I feel we need to be uptodate with a lot of mods to find the bugs and report them. Whilst we are on old mods and have what I consider core mods missing it's hard to do that.

Basically this pack is a beta test for modders, it needs to be updated more frequently with a lot more mods added.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Found an awesome bug. I can't climb ladders. Yup.

Started a hardcore game (the only way to test), built a 7x7 house, dug into the ground whilst a spider chewed at my ceiling .. established my first mining room .. went to go up the ladder, and nope. So there I stand. Slowly starving. Pork cooking in the furnaces above me.

Bed time for me now, but we'll look into that first thing ;)

You sure you're not being blocked by any invisible blocks? I've had that happen a lot in even the earlier versions where there are blocks that don't show up unless you place another block where it should be. Of course this might be slightly different but that's all I can think of.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the next update provides upgrades each of the mods to latest .. including Forge. So, nice list, but yeah .. a few points ..

I wait to see what Wyld does with Tinkers Construct because it was rolled back from the 0.5 release, but I now have this running on my server and 3 clients with no issues atm.
We have a fresh release direct from mDyio.

b0bst3r said:
I post this so if people want to add mods that I certainly consider as part of a core pack they can see which versions work without any issue.
Whilst I (and we) value your side of things, we do need to take a larger sum of users into account. A perfect example is, we already need to incorporate PermGen tweaks to run the current pack. Adding in more adds even more weight to the pack and many people simply can't use it. It also adds in complexity when it comes to addressing everything from game balance to identifying cross-mod interactions.

b0bst3r said:
I got the impression from Wyld that no new mods will be added anytime soon as Slowpoke needs to say that.
I said, I don't pick what goes in. I have an input of such, as do a few of us, and Slow weighs it all up and makes a call.

b0bst3r said:
For a beta pack I feel we need to be uptodate with a lot of mods to find the bugs and report them. Whilst we are on old mods and have what I consider core mods missing it's hard to do that.
New versions of mods bring new bugs, as well as new features, as well as addressing old issues. Some mods are certainly better than others, but in a pack this size .. it's simply not that clear cut.

b0bst3r said:
Basically this pack is a beta test for modders, it needs to be updated more frequently with a lot more mods added.

It's not a pack for modders at all .. it's a pack for anyone who wants to experience 1.5.2 modded minecraft. The only difference between these packs and others, is we're on the cutting edge of mod releases and we are simply not confident to saying these packs are 'production' ready. Due to the sheer number of people wanting 1.5.2 releases, these packs were made so this could happen.

In addition, insert the usual "we don't get paid for this", "we have real lives as well", "yadda yadda yadda".[DOUBLEPOST=1371468120][/DOUBLEPOST]
You sure you're not being blocked by any invisible blocks? I've had that happen a lot in even the earlier versions where there are blocks that don't show up unless you place another block where it should be. Of course this might be slightly different but that's all I can think of.

I am 97% sure I'm not. I created a new world after that, and built a ladder up a tree. Same again.

TechnoLlama

Jul 29, 2019
So, can anyone help me out here? I have looked around and can't find an answer elsewhere. I have a v8.2 MindCrack server running and I recently tried updating it to 8.3.2. When I logged in, however, I noticed that most machine blocks were gone and some chunks entirely reset. Has anyone else been able to go directly from an 8.2 to an 8.3.2 Mindcrack server seamlessly?

Sacrimantius

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is vanilla related or PC spec related (don't think it's the second one my PC is pretty good) but Wyld if you're testing hardcore when I die and lose my world. If I try to generate a new hardcore world straight after my Minecraft crashes with a very generic vanilla Minecraft error.

Any ideas.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
TechnoLlama

So, can anyone help me out here? I have looked around and can't find an answer elsewhere. I have a v8.2 MindCrack server running and I recently tried updating it to 8.3.2. When I logged in, however, I noticed that most machine blocks were gone and some chunks entirely reset. Has anyone else been able to go directly from an 8.2 to an 8.3.2 Mindcrack server seamlessly?​
That is still a 1.4.7 pack Techno, maybe try asking in the main forums for support.

Sertas

So there are 4 versions of the 1.5.2 pack now? Or am I misreading the thread?​
There are two 1.5.2 Beta Packs, one with GrecTech (GT) and one without ( NGT). While im not sure how many versions there are for the GTversion there are 4 versions (0.2-0.5) for the NGT pack.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Wyld

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, well two things ..

Firstly, seems that Slow pushed the 0.6 client and server packs to the repo whilst I was asleep :D

Secondly, the "can't climb ladder" thing doesn't exist on the downloaded packs .. The only difference between the launcher packs and the one I was testing was including BoP, so currently, I have no idea.

Anyway, it's there! Go play! Test! Have fun!

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
changelogs?

Mate, it's 8am here. Give a man a chance to drink his coffee.

CHANGELOG: 0.6 WGT/NGT Release for 1.5.2
Code:
Forge - 7.8.1.737
CodeChickenCore - 0.8.7
CoFHCore - 1.5.2.4
InvTweaks - 1.55.b34
NotEnoughItems - 1.5.2.28
PowerCrystalsCore - 1.1.6-107
AppliedEnergistics - rv11-a
ChickenChunks - 1.3.2.12
CompactSolars - 4.2.0.50
EnderStorage - 1.4.2.12
ExtraUtils - 0.2.3b
GregTech - 3.07i
IndustrialCraft2 - 1.115.348-lf_alpha
IronChest - 5.2.8.443
MineFactoryReloaded - 2.6.4-975
MiscPeripherals - 3.3e
ModularForceFieldSystem - 2.3.0.1-28dev
ModularPowerSuits - 0.7.0.534
Natura - 2.1
NEIAddons - 1.7.2.r21
NEIPlugins - 1.0.9.3
OmniTools - 3.1.5.0
PluginsForForestry - 3.0.17
RailCraft - 7.2.3.0
SoulShards - 1.0.36
StevesCarts - 2.0.0.a120
ThermalExpansion - 2.4.4.1
TinkersConstruct - 1.3-dev60
VoxelMap - 1.5.2.u88

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Secondly, the "can't climb ladder" thing doesn't exist on the downloaded packs .. The only difference between the launcher packs and the one I was testing was including BoP, so currently, I have no idea.

Anyway, it's there! Go play! Test! Have fun!

Yea, and with BoP I'm not getting that particular issue myself, so it's not that :X

Status
Not open for further replies.