Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Because I'd rather not validate adfly any more than I have to.
thats the only income (all be it very minor) that the devs receive, so I do support there adfly, even if it only goes part way to there isp/host bill its something.

FastPoke82

Jul 29, 2019
So I don't understand what the new update is for? Why put up the pack for only a few hours and then take it down? I am really happy that progress is being made though.

Rathum

Jul 29, 2019
I was force updating to see if it would fix a minor bug and the FTB Launcher removed my pack and I forgot the password =/

I had just decked myself out with a bunch of TC tools, too.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
The codes are actually still somewhere in the forums. Hint: The link to the thread was posted by one of the staff members in this thread.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
^--- Have u read the message? :/

I did a quick search for captainnana's posts and saw nothing regarding FastPoke82's question. 'nana first talked about this current release being a beta level release, and mentioned worlds would be reset within the next few weeks, but then his next relevant post says that in a few hours there'll be another release (presumably not the same one he talked about in the previous post). So yeah, I'm not sure what's going on either as it seems that the current beta release has loads of mods missing and the FTB guys have said they probably won't be able to fix any bugs as the release is irrelevant from that POV due to the next release "in the next few hours"

ANY news on 1.4.7 would be nice too.

Rathum

Jul 29, 2019
The codes are actually still somewhere in the forums. Hint: The link to the thread was posted by one of the staff members in this thread.

I apparently did have the code right, but it no longer works for me. I get "Invalid Private Pack" when I try it. I would recommend not forcing an update for now.

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
I apparently did have the code right, but it no longer works for me. I get "Invalid Private Pack" when I try it. I would recommend not forcing an update for now.

Fairly sure it was disabled so that people couldn't distribute the pack to other people.

FastPoke82

Jul 29, 2019
Why would they actively try to prevent people from using the beta pack? Yes, they're updating but we should still be able to play the previous version.

_ras_

Jul 29, 2019
You got it wrong, this beta pack isn't supposed to be PLAYED, it was released for this short period of time to find bugs.

Trennor

Jul 29, 2019
This is at the bottom of the page that was linked to get the codes for the BETA.

Codes removed for a while while we push update that will break worlds!

harley032707

Jul 29, 2019
this is the only thing i don't like about FTB...20 days ago was the last real post on these forums saying anything and now we get beta packs temporally witch get removed with out anything new or farther update

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
this is the only thing i don't like about FTB...20 days ago was the last real post on these forums saying anything and now we get beta packs temporally witch get removed with out anything new or farther update

"Codes removed for a while while we push update that will break worlds!"
now we get beta packs temporally

You basically explained it yourself, they were beta packs, we identified bugs/issues, are working to fix those and add new stuff to test to them. I just got back from work so we will be making progress again now.

Reactions: Anubis

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Rediculous, why not just announce the problems with the pack and allow people to get the password? I think we can handle not updating worlds that we don't want to break.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
As long as the mod pack is available with a server download sometime tonight or tomorrow, I will be happy. If someone can say " That has a good possibility" I would be very happy. (I know you guys cannot make promises or an ETA)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Rediculous, why not just announce the problems with the pack and allow people to get the password? I think we can handle not updating worlds that we don't want to break.

Because they probably don't know all of the problems with it. It's still a beta

Status
Not open for further replies.