Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
For the people hating on creeperhost. I have 2 servers with them and I had a hardware problem with one of them, it took them a few hours to fix it. So I know if creeperhost had a problem they did everything in there power to sort it out

Indeed, these things happen and we are grateful to them for providing hosting and bandwidth to us. Yes its frustrating but we live in a world of computers, stuff breaks.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me about it. Still no idea why my add block was messing with that page. very odd . Sorted now though :)

Thondar1990

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all, i personally managed to compile a working server version to run with the FTB 1.5.2 BETA pack (With GT).

if Captainnana allows it, i will post a dropbox link for you guys to download it from :)

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
We will be releasing an update very soon that will break worlds so if you are planning on making worlds then you might want to wait for a while hours until that is done

Thx for the heads up.
Spending time going through configs anyway.

glowpipe

Jul 29, 2019
Dont get me wrong. In no way complaining. Just wondering if there is a particular reason Modular power suits, inventory tweaks and some sort of map mod isnt in the pack ?

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Dont get me wrong. In no way complaining. Just wondering if there is a particular reason Modular power suits, inventory tweaks and some sort of map mod isnt in the pack ?
It was thrown together very quickly ;P remember, it's only a beta pack!

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I hope the updated pack includes Natura. I was really surprised it wasn't in there.

Regardless, thank you so much for releasing this!

glowpipe

Jul 29, 2019
It was thrown together very quickly ;P remember, it's only a beta pack!

Yeah. i guess. Well. I installed modular power suits and inventory tweaks myself. Didnt find a map mod yet. But gonna wait a bit anyways. Since they are gonna update the pack. Perhaps the beast feeders put something in

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. i guess. Well. I installed modular power suits and inventory tweaks myself. Didnt find a map mod yet. But gonna wait a bit anyways. Since they are gonna update the pack. Perhaps the beast feeders put something in

Confirmed: Just installed MPS and MPS addons with no issues or id conflicts

Slow said the other day Biomes o plenty was to be in but off by default. will try adding that later.

note: Doing all this on a seperate instance to avoid bug confusion

EDIT: Slow also said Natura was not going to be in. But who knows eh.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get the password to work. I've copied the pw from the disclaimer page and manually typed it in with the dashes and without. I've also included the part in parentheses and I get the same error stating it's not a valid private pack.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
We will be releasing an update very soon that will break worlds so if you are planning on making worlds then you might want to wait for a while hours until that is done
Please tell me stuff like UE with Mekanism, Natura, and Biomes 'o Plenty. I really want to try these out in an FTB mod pack. Seeing other people play with those mods installed kinda makes me want to try em out.

Either way, hopefully with all of the *ahem* "testers" we'll be able to quickly squash bugs so we can get a more stable release out. I do like the choice of including the RedNet as a replacement for red cable from RP2 since that, sickles, and microblocks were the only things I could think of that I wanted out of it.

Hopefully 1.6 won't break everything horribly and we have to wait a long, long time again though /crossfingers.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Zan's Minimap is a good one, I think.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get the password to work. I've copied the pw from the disclaimer page and manually typed it in with the dashes and without. I've also included the part in parentheses and I get the same error stating it's not a valid private pack.

Try copying the code and then Contl V into the private pack.

EDIT: removed

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
Slow said the other day Biomes o plenty was to be in but off by default. will try adding that later.

Hopefully if they go down that path, they make it so that server owners can easily enable it for their serves without any additional "enabling" required by the users on their clients. As in - it's active, but the world generation doesn't take effect unless specifically turned on.

Sacrimantius

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure of any indication.. But Slow just Posted this on Twitter..

https://twitter.com/Slowpoke101/status/337934904593633280

Let us update these packs and we can give out the password then, we are adding in mods that have worldgen.

Still no ETA.. But you know.. its better than nothing :)

Yep if you read the page now it has:
Codes removed for a while while we push update that will break worlds!

They'll be back later. Sorry you missed them.

@Molten: You might want to remove those code's from your post. Doesn't look like Slow wants them distributed atm.

hutchkc

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, these things happen and we are grateful to them for providing hosting and bandwidth to us. Yes its frustrating but we live in a world of computers, stuff breaks.

This thread is being pulled off topic and I'll join. I also apologize for the book below.

From what I get out of it Utuumo has an axe to grind against CreeperHost. Whether it be for valid or invalid reasons I cant tell. Luke H seems to be lacking in people skills and probably shouldn't be the public face for them. Both of those are my opinions and you can take that as it such. I am not trying to argue, it's how I see it as a third party.

I'm a software guy, but I interact with network guys all the time and their process is close to mine. You have to treat things like a triage (Emergency, ASAP, normal, low, internal, whenever). I would personally put the issue in low as it's not causing an outage but an irritation. Which would be normal, but since CH is sponsoring FTB; paying customers get higher priority than a service provided gratis. I think we can all agree that would be fair. However being FTB it's also more visible so it gets bumped. The question is whether it's to normal or ASAP, and that's a judgement call of the people doing the work.

The poor schmucks doing the work probably have a boatload of tickets from incredibly simple and seconds to fix to OH MY GOD, KILL IT WITH FIRE/multiple days. Add to that the wasted time trying to track down issues that don't exist. Companies tend to under staff IT as it generally doesn't produce revenue and you get queues. From the comments I've read it seems CH fixes most issues in a reasonable manner to people so I don't see an issue here.

//not endorsing or flaming CH as I have no dog in this fight
//adding my two cents in case someone wanted someone with a little bit of insight into the ongoings
//slashies in trio required :)

Reactions: Everlast

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Removed the codes as there is no real reason for me to post them. And it also bypasses people ticking the disclaimer. (main reason i removed them on reflection)
But the code page still is up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.