Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damoklesz

Jul 29, 2019
One of the things I keep seeing is people stating a desire to or questions why there isn't a beta testing program for the modpacks. This is an excellent idea for FTB to really consider. I would never suggest they have an open beta program because, IMHO, most people do not have an idea what beta testing entails and this would just open up a giant can or worms that no one should have to deal with...lol. However, interviewing people, as they did for the Wiki team, would be an excellent way to go. I know Forgecraft is there for the modders and they are on 1.5.2 I believe so a 1.5.1 pack isn't probably going to happen as, at this point, it's silly to consider. Might as well make a pack for the latest iteration. Having a modpack beta team will only help FTB get packs out sooner and maybe less buggy.

It's a shame that people like you care more about the forums than about the game. Yeah, an open beta would mean messy forums, but it would also mean that way more people are testing the modpack. Even if just a tiny fraction of players report the bugs, as they should, the mod developers would still get way more feedback from it, than they get now from those couple of choosen testers.

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
I think that a few of the reasons that they do not want to open to the public too early are (1) reputation. If a mod or modpack is too buggy it might cause people to not give the mod or modpack a second chance in the future and (2) there is a personal connection between a creator and the work they created, and showing off too buggy a project is embarassing and personal.
Just my thoughts. I would love to have an update soon, and it is annoying when information is hard to come by, but I still want mods to be fun for everyone, including the mod author, so I just want people to get along and not get mean and defensive.

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019

Davosaur

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of helpful links for those who don't have them on the update status of the ultimate, mindcrack and DW20 packs ...
Thanks for the spreadsheet. That's a nice summary, assuming it's accurate. Do we know who the author is? Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, mind you, just don't want to get my hopes up over something that somebody out of the loop just tossed together.

Also, I'm surprised that Direwolf20 for 1.52 does not seem to have Bibliocraft and Applied Energistics listed (according to the spreadsheet) I'm pretty sure I've heard him mention that he likes Bibliocraft, on his Youtube channel. Applied Energistics is already part of the current Direwolf20 pack. He enthuses muchly about it as well on his Direwolf20 LP as well.

As to the Magic World 2 pack, is there a thread somewhere on the forums to throw in our 2 cents? I know it was mentioned that an RPG mod was being strongly considered. Please please please don't ruin a perfectly good Magic Pack, with original Minecraft sandboxiness, by retooling it with something like Divine RPG. Make an RPG pack for that, since it changes the whole nature of the game entirely. Oops...there went my 2 cents prematurely.

Tro11C1ient

Jul 29, 2019
To my knowledge, this has never been stated. If they are removed from the streamer packs, that's the streamers choice.

The 1.5.x beta packs will probably not include rp2.

Ultimate is not going to update until 1.6 is released. This was announced shortly after slowpoke talked to eloraam, which makes me think rp2 is going to release for 1.6 and not have a 1.5.x version.
he said there will be No 1.5 version for ultimate he did Not say it will not update, 1.0.2 ultimate pack will release for 1.4.7 it will be the last pack update untill 1.6 please read carefully when posting incorrect information

killrbladez

Jul 29, 2019
FROM SLOWS STREAM!
"______ is the guy who makes the modpacks, but he dissapeared. So this afternoon I need to make it."
the blank is some guy I forgot the name of. BTW, he means the 1.5 one.

Status
Not open for further replies.