Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
They done that with FTB beta pack A. It was a nightmare. People complaining all the time, making threads about stupid problems that weren't even bugs. World resets every 3-4 days because of a broken mod. Adding/removing mods which caused world resets. If you weren't there for it then you won't understand, but I am glad they take their time in the development stage now.

Damoklesz

Jul 29, 2019
They done that with FTB beta pack A. It was a nightmare. People complaining all the time, making threads about stupid problems that weren't even bugs. World resets every 3-4 days because of a broken mod. Adding/removing mods which caused world resets. If you weren't there for it then you won't understand, but I am glad they take their time in the development stage now.

I was there, and it was a different situation altogether. At that time there was no ultimate with a previous minecraft version, or any alternative to beta pack A, so everyone who played FTB played that. Personally I didn't mind it that much, I didn't have to reset my SSP world ever. I do understand how changes like that might upset people trying to run/play on servers, and I don't want to take away the option of keeping the current 1.4.7 packs from anyone.

In my opinion stupid threads on the forums does not equal a nightmare... A nightmare is trying to make those mods work together by yourself without knowing anything about how they are supposed to work, and figuring out why my game doesn't start/crashes/lags with strange/non-existent errorlogs.

sheepripper

Jul 29, 2019
i dont care about world resets and im fine how they want to release it but would be nice if they could release it soon i mean in week

sheepripper

Jul 29, 2019
The natives are getting restless again. guys n gals yes we all want a new pack, but its not ready for public release we have 3 options as it stands.

1. Get a tad angry at no one in particular & have a little moan.
2. Wait patently for the promised packs.
3. Make your own.

I for one tend to try stick to option 2 & 3, mostly 3 as this way I can help feed my own fetish & dont feel the need for option 1.

Yes it really is that simple.
that 3 one is best one for me im mostly waiting for tinkers construct but i added it myself but i dont think there is a way to make it 1.5

glowpipe

Jul 29, 2019
The natives are getting restless again. guys n gals yes we all want a new pack, but its not ready for public release we have 3 options as it stands.

1. Get a tad angry at no one in particular & have a little moan.
2. Wait patently for the promised packs.
3. Make your own.

I for one tend to try stick to option 2 & 3, mostly 3 as this way I can help feed my own fetish & dont feel the need for option 1.

Yes it really is that simple.

I use option 1, 2 and 3.

First option 3, when that fails misserably. I go over to number 1 for a about 2 hours. Then over to 2.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
In all seriousness though, an open beta would be an obvious solution, and I don't really get why you decided against it. Clearly I mean a new pack, at the bottom of the list, with big red letters saying UNSTABLE, and would require starting a new world (which is necessary anyways... don't want to point fingers at redpower), so there would be no worlds ruined, and only those server owners would use it who are invested enough in all this to know about the risks involved. Are forum trolls really your reason for not doing all this?

One of the things I keep seeing is people stating a desire to or questions why there isn't a beta testing program for the modpacks. This is an excellent idea for FTB to really consider. I would never suggest they have an open beta program because, IMHO, most people do not have an idea what beta testing entails and this would just open up a giant can or worms that no one should have to deal with...lol. However, interviewing people, as they did for the Wiki team, would be an excellent way to go. I know Forgecraft is there for the modders and they are on 1.5.2 I believe so a 1.5.1 pack isn't probably going to happen as, at this point, it's silly to consider. Might as well make a pack for the latest iteration. Having a modpack beta team will only help FTB get packs out sooner and maybe less buggy.

sheepripper

Jul 29, 2019
god damnit i cant get peace of mind before i know when 1.5 goes public even that is it gonna take weeks or months,somekinda information​

Snirk Immington

Jul 29, 2019
If redpower is removed, what will happen to all of my microbocks and redstone stuff? It sounds like you don't want to force a world-regen, but now it seems you'll have to anyway... We can only hope Redpower will one day out of the blue get updated.

sheepripper

Jul 29, 2019
If redpower is removed, what will happen to all of my microbocks and redstone stuff? It sounds like you don't want to force a world-regen, but now it seems you'll have to anyway... We can only hope Redpower will one day out of the blue get updated.
i hope it doesnt because it will just cause more waiting in the future and btw all your micro blocks are gonna dissapear

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
they didn't say RP2 was being removed. They said they are not including it for the time being and it will be added again when it is updated.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
They said that they're removing it from all modpacks, and that when it updates again they'll consider it

To my knowledge, this has never been stated. If they are removed from the streamer packs, that's the streamers choice.

The 1.5.x beta packs will probably not include rp2.

Ultimate is not going to update until 1.6 is released. This was announced shortly after slowpoke talked to eloraam, which makes me think rp2 is going to release for 1.6 and not have a 1.5.x version.

Reactions: Yosomith

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
new rule if your going to quote/hear-say as a persons words supply proof as in link the given post, this may stop the he said she said rubbish.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
No, your right Eyamaz, Slowpoke did speak with Eloraam, and the posting about RP2 was made soon after I do believe, can't directly quote it as it was said by Slow himself during one of his live streams, as it stands RP2 isn't expected to update until after 1.6 hits, it's why there isn't going to be an official 1.5.x release of FTB, just a beta one when it's done.
For right now we will be staying on 1.4.7 as our recommended builds. This is as things stand likely to continue on till probably the 1.6 update from Mojang.
taken from the Redpower and 1.5.x thread

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I did hear it right, but unless slowpoke actually confirms it, it's just going to go down as hearsay anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.