Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Can't see how you can go to 1.5.2 since King Lemming (Thermal Expansion) is skipping it and in all packs, looks like a few others are too.

I can't really blame him or any of the other mod authors that decide not to play this ridiculous game of releases that Mojang throws at them. Clearly Mojang could care less about the modding community (and spare me talk about the API which may or may not ever happen and even if it does I think it will be far short of what we consider a modded Minecraft). They release an update to 1.5.2 on the same day they release the snapshot of 1.6. And the 1.5.2 release requires many of the mods (and all of the coremods) to be redone just after the complicated 1.5.1 release with all of the texture changes and other stuff. Mojang is going to kill off the modding community if the continue down this path and I really don't think they care if they do.

At least that is my opinion.

Paradox Draco

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.0 is EXTREMELY buggy. It crashes whenever I open an interface like my inventory or a crystal chest. It needs to be fixed asap!

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
No openccsensors for Ultimate 1.1.0? :(
In my private pack OpenCCSensors caused a memory leak. It may be a cross mod problem with a mod in my pack that is not in FTB, if that is so it deffinately was the cause of the issue by breaking something[DOUBLEPOST=1367955654][/DOUBLEPOST]
Shame FTB guys seems more interested in putting up yet another forgecraft server instance for themselves than sharing it with everyone else by actually releasing a pack. Apparently we have to wait through all over the 1.51, 1.52, 1.53, etc itterations for that to ever happen.
It is so people like you dont bitch when it crashed every five minutes. If you think making a modpack is all that easy go do it yourself. After all why wait when you can do a "better" job in a short timeframe

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
the loss of redpower may need a complete and total restart of both of my worlds if i choose to update, i love those little cage lamps and both worlds have an RP block breaker feeding a recycler.

while i understand RL is more important than the game ... maybe Eloraam can appoint someone to keep the mod at least compatible
with the updates for vanilla?
To hell with adding new stuff to it, just make it work :)

roadrunner83

Jul 29, 2019
the loss of redpower may need a complete and total restart of both of my worlds if i choose to update, i love those little cage lamps and both worlds have an RP block breaker feeding a recycler.

while i understand RL is more important than the game ... maybe Eloraam can appoint someone to keep the mod at least compatible with the updates for vanilla?
To hell with adding new stuff to it, just make it work :)

redpower is being worked on for 1.5, she was busy on a rl work projet. should be no need to remove it from 1.5/1.6

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I am confident is a reality is the fact that Eloraam would update Red Power if she had the time. She has a really good job that gets in the way of developing sometimes. The reason a lot of other mods get updated fast is because the author/s are in college and they either have a good portion of time where they have no work to do or they may even be doing it to get a grade in one of their courses

Reactions: NoobIsMeX

Gamabunta00

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update :) Its nice to have an idea of whats going on behind the scenes, though my F5 Key isnt as pleased lol

Reactions: Xipheon

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

I was planing on using the rock breakers for something like that. One based on this video. Minecraft Over Engineering
Then I discovered one igneous extruder probably put out just as much cobble if not more. :/

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Adragal

Jul 29, 2019
yep extruders pump out a steady amount of cobble with no loss to lava and water plus doesn't need power

digitalseraphim

Jul 29, 2019
Shame FTB guys seems more interested in putting up yet another forgecraft server instance for themselves than sharing it with everyone else by actually releasing a pack. Apparently we have to wait through all over the 1.51, 1.52, 1.53, etc itterations for that to ever happen.
FTB != forgecraft... they are separate groups. The forgecraft servers are used as testing servers, so that they can find bugs with mods, as well as with interactions between mods. The new server will help them do that even better, which only speeds up the time it takes to get a new version out. In any case, Pahimar setting up a new server has nothing *directly* to do with FTB.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Great news, great news indeed. Can't wait to see what you guys do with Ultimate 1.5.X or 1.6.X.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
These are hard decisions to make and as always this is subjective and really only based really on what I believe is best for the overall pack. However as things stand at this moment the answer to your question is that we wont be including Ars Magica in our main pack by default.

We can just add it in via the launcher without ID conflicts though right? You are still doing that "standardized ID" thing to make this easy aren't you? I thought the ultimate pack was supposed to be that pack where you add in every mod, or that there was supposed to be a pack with every FTB mod added into it?

Balancing issues don't concern me as much as fun does.

That's just you. Works fine for me.

Wow aren't you constructive /sarcasm

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
We can just add it in via the launcher without ID conflicts though right? You are still doing that "standardized ID" thing to make this easy aren't you? I thought the ultimate pack was supposed to be that pack where you add in every mod, or that there was supposed to be a pack with every FTB mod added into it?

Balancing issues don't concern me as much as fun does.

Wow aren't you constructive /sarcasm
Last time I checked Ars Magicia will force overwrite conflicts instead of causing a crash. FTB Ultimate is not intended for people to add any mod to it. Some may work by default if you are lucky, but others will just not work unless you fiddle with their config.

As for balancing. The FTB team isn't thinking Oh Kazekai does not care about balance so we will just skip it. Instead they are thinking about the community. You think people wont complain when about half of the world is ores, all from different mods.

Reactions: NoobIsMeX

Adragal

Jul 29, 2019
this reminds me of an interesting glitch from a few mods in 1.5.1 all lava at 12 depth and lower was converted to sulfur ore

Status
Not open for further replies.