Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
The digital miner chunkloads.
Uhh, sorry for being confused but other people have said the digiminer doesn't chunkload. I myself don't know as I haven't had a chance to play MEk V7 so if I'm just looking like a moron well oops =P Totally unintentional.

Launcelot_J

Jul 29, 2019
Add some sort of obsidian enchanter, crafted like a normal table but with onsidian ingot blocks instead of obsidian and refined glowstone blocks instead of diamonds. This can get up to lvl 10 of any enchant that goes up to lvl 5 normally (i.e. sharpness, protection), and to lvl 5 for all other enchants (i.e. fireaspect). To make it more balanced though, it requires 2x the bookshelves, in a double wall around the enchanter.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
is anyone able to configurate the digital miner so it doesn't mine chests in invert mode?
I tried adding a chest to the list, and set the list to invert, but it still mines chests...

reason why I'm trying to do this is so I can mine areas with dungeons without losing the dungeon chests, as when they're broken by the miner, the content drops and doesn't get picked up by the miner (would be nice if it did)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Just had a brilliant idea, Aidan I'd love you forever for this ... an electrical version of the Thaumcraft wand that can swap entire swathes of blocks to one of your choosing! I don't tend to get into TC, and the only time I used the wand that a friend made me, I drained the entire thing doing a small portion of my base. Pretty please? Then backdate it to Mekanism 6.0.5 so I can have it now :D
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ed-minecraft-today.39595/page-227#post-724463

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Aidan Ive really been enjoying your mod. Last night I finished setting up a warp-hub to all the different Eldaria Islands using your teleporters, and Ive also built a huge factory building to house all of that crazy 5x ore processing. Im also starting to use your logistical transport pipes just because I like seeing items move around. Theres a few things I wished were implemented along the way.

I wish portal frames could be varying sizes, and that the frame blocks could be disguised as other blocks like the tinkers construct drawbridges. I wish the textures on the brine making thingy were not so plain. And I wish the logistical pipes had a connector piece like the thermal expansion pipes (or redpower's) instead of just being cut off. Most people I think will use your pipes mostly as an aesthetic thing since theres AE for doing it the quick way. So looks are important.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
And I wish the logistical pipes had a connector piece like the thermal expansion pipes (or redpower's) instead of just being cut off.

Would you mind explaining that a bit more? Not sure that I quite understand what you're saying.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
honestly i've set it in my configs to have everything display in rf and ive made it so all the machines take 40 rf/t like al the te machines and the digiminer takes 200 rf/t and the heat generator makes 5 rf/t passive. the hydrogen gen makes 120 rf/t

Yeah, mek is way too forgiving. How would I go about doing what you did? Obviously change S:EnergyType=J to RF, but what about stuff like D:ChemicalCrystalizerUsage=400.0? Is the 400 in joules or what?[DOUBLEPOST=1407886885][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would you mind explaining that a bit more? Not sure that I quite understand what you're saying.

Itemducts have that part that only shows when its attached to an inventory.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'd humbly ask for some explanation for the electrolytic separator in 1.7. As it stands with the high energy costs and no configs, mid game usage of the machine is severely delayed until huge energy generation is achieved. So no using it in ore tripling until you basically have spammed ore processing down another path. It also destroys the jetpack as an early or even mid game option. I know there's concerns about the simple energy loop with hydrogen generators, but with so much lower tier depending on oxygen & hydrogen, you've created a huge wall in the mod that is best solved by not using the mod.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Actually tripling can still be done without the electrolytic separator with help from Thermal Expansion.
You can pulverise gravel (which can be gotten by sending cobblestone through Mekanism's Crusher) into flint using TE's Pulverizer and feed the flints into the Purification Chamber.
Not the best method but it is a way. :)

unpairedbracket

Jul 29, 2019
The no configs is a myth, reduce HydrogenEnergyDensity and you're done. If that doesn't work (or the option doesn't exist), you've found a bug :)

The motivation for the high default value was to better couple to reality, but our joules generally are far different in scale to real-life joules, so I may reduce the default dramatically to reflect this.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
The no configs is a myth, reduce HydrogenEnergyDensity and you're done. If that doesn't work (or the option doesn't exist), you've found a bug :)

The motivation for the high default value was to better couple to reality, but our joules generally are far different in scale to real-life joules, so I may reduce the default dramatically to reflect this.
Not myth so much as lack of information. The config for the machine was explicitly listed in 1.6. Not seeing it there in 1.7 led to the confusion. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm just tagging @ShneekeyTheLost in case he hadn't heard about this information. He probably has.

Reactions: Padfoote

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
It still doesn't change the fact that oxygen is now a horridly expensive mechanic, and the last system linked was not power-positive by any means. I'll use the flint method.

Maybe Ethylene is power-positive when put in a bio-generator, but the problem with trying to use both sides of an electrolytic separator is that if either one backs up, the whole thing shuts down. Personally, I'd like for an overflow valve to be installed so if one or the other side backs up, it'll just vent excess and keep going.

Reactions: RedBoss

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
It still doesn't change the fact that oxygen is now a horridly expensive mechanic, and the last system linked was not power-positive by any means. I'll use the flint method.

Maybe Ethylene is power-positive when put in a bio-generator, but the problem with trying to use both sides of an electrolytic separator is that if either one backs up, the whole thing shuts down. Personally, I'd like for an overflow valve to be installed so if one or the other side backs up, it'll just vent excess and keep going.
I can't find it now but a while back I asked for pretty much this feature. I wanted out to be a feature for tanks. The way I described it was "like the thaumcraft void jar but for gas". Something along those lines right?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Not myth so much as lack of information. The config for the machine was explicitly listed in 1.6. Not seeing it there in 1.7 led to the confusion. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm just tagging ShneekeyTheLost in case he hadn't heard about this information. He probably has.
Well, since the ethylene thing is Not Fully Implemented Yet, there's no reason to not set the hydrogen power density from 2k to around 20. That seems to solve the problem of horribly expensive oxygen.

Reactions: Vasa and RedBoss

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a suggestion: a fluid equivalent to the digital miner. I'd love to be able to select specific fluids to extract from the world. It'd be handy in DartCraft force biomes to get all those little pockets of liquid force for later use, or to pump out entire oil biomes without ever touching the adjacent water.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a suggestion: a fluid equivalent to the digital miner. I'd love to be able to select specific fluids to extract from the world. It'd be handy in DartCraft force biomes to get all those little pockets of liquid force for later use, or to pump out entire oil biomes without ever touching the adjacent water.
Maybe something you connect to the digital miner that lets it extract fluids?

Reactions: the_j485