Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
5DfxX

You wanted early-game flight, here's early-game flight.
What next? Haven't seen many responses recently!

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Build 605. Use your "M" Key (or whatever you rebound your Mekanism Mode Key to), and you can toggle hover mode on it.

Reactions: RedBoss

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
What next? Haven't seen many responses recently!
-A renewable, cheap way to get Dirt (yes I know about IC2, but...it's IC2 >.>). Maybe a shapeless crafting recipe with the biofuel for your generators (forgot the name) and gravel?
-Electrical armor akin to IC2's nanosuit in terms of power. A slight movespeed boost, jump boost, etc. in addition to something like the Advanced Nanosuit (jetpack+nanosuit) would be...AMAZING. Just something to fill the gap before MPS. Maybe even a later game set? Tools being able to draw power would, of course, also be nice.
-A Universal Cable that shuts down when a redstone signal is applied. Suddenly, all of BC's annoying mechanics go poof.
-Speed/Energy upgrades for the gas compresser machine (name slips me again).

Don't want to overwhelm you; Mekansim getting to be completely awesome.

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
I have been messing around with the Digital Miner and I'm loving everything about it, however is there a way to get it to mine Thaumcraft stones and underground been hives?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Newer versions of Mekanism did away with dirt = Manganese Alloy.

Now, Metallurgic Infuser does the Enriched Iron and Steel Dust as well as Enriched Alloy recipes.

Secondary input with coal/charcoal/compressed carbon, adds in Iron Ingot to get Enriched Iron.
Secondary input with coal/charcoal/compressed carbon, adds in Enriched Iron to get Steel Dust.
Secondary input with redstone dust, adds in Iron Ingot to get Enriched Alloy.

At least that is what it is when I'm playing with the latest version gotten from the UE's site.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Newer versions of Mekanism did away with dirt = Manganese Alloy.

Now, Metallurgic Infuser does the Enriched Iron and Steel Dust as well as Enriched Alloy recipes.

Secondary input with coal/charcoal/compressed carbon, adds in Iron Ingot to get Enriched Iron.
Secondary input with coal/charcoal/compressed carbon, adds in Enriched Iron to get Steel Dust.
Secondary input with redstone dust, adds in Iron Ingot to get Enriched Alloy.

At least that is what it is when I'm playing with the latest version gotten from the UE's site.
I assume the Metallurgic Infuser and the Heat Generator's recipes got changed to no longer require Enriched Iron? Otherwise, there's a kind of a hitch here...

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, the Metallurgic Infuser got changed to require 2 Furnaces, 4 iron ingots, 1 osmium ingot and 4 redstone dusts. IIRC.

I'm unsure of the recipe for the heat generator.

And since I'm posting, I should add this.
@Aidan, the Rotary Condensentrator(sp?) has some issues.
After I placed the block, I tried to remove it by wrench it with TE3's battlewrench and it crashes my game.
After restarting the game again, now I got an invisible item inside my inventory. Upon placing it, I would crash again. Upon re entering the game, now I have an invisible block infront of me.
Now, no matter if I wrench it or break it with a pick, it would crash my game and re entering the game would roll me back to just the point before I wrenched/broke it.
Just letting you know.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't a small feature request, but could you add tooltips to your machines that give a very brief description about what they do?
You've already got it set up so that if you hold shift over your machines it gives information about them, but could it also include something about their function?

e.g Metallurgic infuser: Used to create alloys, Heat generator: produces a small amount of joules from adjacent lava
something so that we aren't required to refer to a wiki or somebody elses knowledge to teach us

Protocurity

Jul 29, 2019
My only request is that you provide a way to make an in-game manual of sorts that we can leaf through that explains a lot of this stuff.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

(This apparently makes Yusonoha very happy, but Vauthil is mean and removed the image used because it's not exactly family-friendly.)

how about adding some machines to automate or improve vanilla mechanics?
like enchanting or potion crafting? I know there's already other mods doing this, but it's awesome to see Mekanism adding their own version of these things.

Last edited by a moderator:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I assume the Metallurgic Infuser and the Heat Generator's recipes got changed to no longer require Enriched Iron? Otherwise, there's a kind of a hitch here...
Okay, I've checked the recipes and found that the Metallurgic Infuser to be cheaper now but the Heat Generator requires stuffs that only the Infuser can make. Which is kind of strange. :\ Unless the Resonant Induction's way of making power by hooking wires to a vanilla furnace and burn coal in it works.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
how about adding some machines to automate or improve vanilla mechanics?
like enchanting or potion crafting? I know there's already other mods doing this, but it's awesome to see Mekanism adding their own version of these things.

There is actually a discussion going on @ the Mekanism GitHub regarding the addition of a multiblock machine that would supplant enchanting with an improved technological solution!

I also like PierceSG's idea of an in-game manual. That could be an extremely valuable resource for those new to Mekanism.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I've checked the recipes and found that the Metallurgic Infuser to be cheaper now but the Heat Generator requires stuffs that only the Infuser can make. Which is kind of strange. :\ Unless the Resonant Induction's way of making power by hooking wires to a vanilla furnace and burn coal in it works.
for me I would start my tech tree using windmills as my main power gen source then work up from there

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
for me I would start my tech tree using windmills as my main power gen source then work up from there
Windmills still requires steel, which still requires the Metallurgic Infuser to create.

The problem is that if it requires Infused Iron/Alloy or Steel, in the new system, it requires the Metallurgic Infuser. However, that machine also requires power. And there are no power generating machines in the mod currently which do not require one of those items as material. Catch 22.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Weeeeellllll that all depends on what other mods you have present in the mod pack, adding in metallurgy makes for very easy steel making (manganese dust + iron dust).

Aidan you might want to try mixing up ore types in elite factories with max upgrades on a line (purifyer > crusher > enricher > smelter) it seems to be doing weird things. I think what it's doing is auto levelling one ore type into the other ore type, leaving you with tons of one and hardly anything of the other. Love the feature but it needs to handle multiple ore processing right.

Last edited: