Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Kind of off the autominer topic, but can there be configs for turning off the sounds of the individual machines (unless they're already there)? When I'm wearing headphones, the Electric Furnace really hurts my ears because it's so high-pitched.

in the meantime you might want to try out the sound mufflers from Extra Utilities

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
in the meantime you might want to try out the sound mufflers from Extra Utilities
Oddly, those have never worked for me. I've tried silencing hydrogen gennies with 'em, and they had no noticeable effect.

Dunno if its been asked here or not, but I'd personally like to see something like the old magtubes from RedPower; powered accelerator pipes that make your items go faster. Just in case I go crazy and want to have everything whizzing around a 100 block wide base in these pretty little things. Also, I, for one, quite like the texture. The glass-looking bits are a nice touch.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
id like to request a change for hydrogen. some other mods add hydrogen (gascraft/engineers toolbox) but since your hydrogen isnt a liquid it isn't compatible. so perhaps a condenser that turns the hydrogen into liquid hydrogen or maybe just making it a liquid?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Not to be rude about adding more hot wings to your full platter of suggestions, but here goes.

Flight

Cheap flight for that matter. Outside of IC2, there are no real cheap and early flight options. There are better options galore, but they are gated behind resource acquisition or magical tier climbing. These are fine with me, but having some early & cheap flight options would be awesome for explorers. Even if it was limited in duration or difficult to control it would be awesome.

I'm liking the MekMiner concept as its being fleshed out. Thanks so much for an awesome mod!

Reactions: Saice and PierceSG

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not to be rude about adding more hot wings to your full platter of suggestions, but here goes.

Flight

Cheap flight for that matter. Outside of IC2, there are no real cheap and early flight options. There are better options galore, but they are gated behind resource acquisition or magical tier climbing. These are fine with me, but having some early & cheap flight options would be awesome for explorers. Even if it was limited in duration or difficult to control it would be awesome.

I'm liking the MekMiner concept as its being fleshed out. Thanks so much for an awesome mod!

Hell I'd be happy with something like Jump Jets if not limited flight just something I can get up and over obstacles or bound across the landscape.

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Hell I'd be happy with something like Jump Jets if not limited flight just something I can get up and over obstacles or bound across the landscape.
That is exactly what I'm talking about. Something like this would allow for some aerial perspective and ease travel for a short while.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
That is exactly what I'm talking about. Something like this would allow for some aerial perspective and ease travel for a short while.
My earliest "flight" system is a bare bones modular power suit with glider wings and jump assist. It's fairly cheap, but it would be fun to have some kind of Icarus-like low tech flying wings or something for very early game :D

Reactions: casilleroatr

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
My earliest "flight" system is a bare bones modular power suit with glider wings and jump assist. It's fairly cheap, but it would be fun to have some kind of Icarus-like low tech flying wings or something for very early game :D
You have just given me a brilliant idea for a mod I am (shall we say tentatively) planning. My idea centres around a magitech style of core item which will form the basis for more advanced things and Icarus inspired wing like things would be a great addition I think. I haven't started coding it or anything yet but I have been looking for ideas and I think this is a great one. Obviously as this is Aiden's thread I certainly don't mind if he chooses to act on the idea first but his mod and mine will be totally different anyway (if it ever gets made) so I don't think there will be any real competition.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Openblocks Glider? for early game limited flight or my favorite is Morph and allowing mob abilities, "look I'm a BAT"

Though another early method wouldn't go astray, the more the merrier after all.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried several mods to get the "creative flight" type of flying, but the only one I really liked is the good'old EE2

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019

Flight

Dartcraft. Force Armour and Force Infuser. It's cheap (too much so). It's timed though if that's off putting.

It's a shame that the suggestion of liquid dirt isn't being used. Outside of the MekMiner you could use it to cover creeper holes, quarries and just big holes in the wall.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft. Force Armour and Force Infuser. It's cheap (too much so). It's timed though if that's off putting.
DC in 1.6.4 requires a bit more grind. As it stands the time I'd have to spend to get to the tier where flight can be added to the armor, could also have been spent getting into MPS flight. So even there, cheap flight isn't so cheap.

in 1.5 though, yes it is a cheaper option

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
DC in 1.6.4 requires a bit more grind. As it stands the time I'd have to spend to get to the tier where flight can be added to the armor, could also have been spent getting into MPS flight. So even there, cheap flight isn't so cheap.

in 1.5 though, yes it is a cheaper option

Sorry, haven't played DC since 1.5. Well, I made a force wrench...

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019

It's a shame that the suggestion of liquid dirt isn't being used. Outside of the MekMiner you could use it to cover creeper holes, quarries and just big holes in the wall.

Liquid Dirt is going to be used by Mekanism. Aidan just has not had the chance to get around to it just yet. He _just_ finished getting the MekMiner (aka "The Digital Miner"), getting it in and mostly functional.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Aiden can you do another video. This one needs to be about the digital miner. either that or bevo said that he has been wanting to do more blocks spotlights.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Aidan I'm having massive(and I mean insane, around ~150 ms from normally around ~20 ms) tps when using a massive amount of energy from advanced solar generators.
I first noticed it when connecting universal cables to a mass fabricator(it was going so slowly) but was able to reproduce it when connecting the cable to an ultimate energy cube(when it was filling ofc).

Note that I have a lot of advanced solar generators(ie ~50), the lag seems to only happen when they're discharging their internal buffer.

edit:
Ignore that, I upgraded a bunch of mods(including yours, excited to try the miner!), forge and now it doesn't lag! Woot!

Just noticed after upgrading that all the colors of my factory settings(ie input/output) had gone back one(ie dark blue was now dark red, and dark blue was now purple).

What's this new bar at the bottom of the factories?

Last edited:

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Ahah just tried the Miner and it is awesome, maybe a bit OP even, I set the radius to max, gave it 9x speed/energy upgrade and it pulled 54 diamond blocks in a few seconds.
Of course the recipe really isn't cheap but I think the energy cost need to be ramped up massively(it used 0.3 MJ for pulling around 5 stacks of iron and 1 stack of diamond ore).
Maybe the deeper it mines the bigger the energy cost would be an idea.

Anyway I love it :).

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
Aidan I'm having massive(and I mean insane, around ~150 ms from normally around ~20 ms) tps when using a massive amount of energy from advanced solar generators.
I first noticed it when connecting universal cables to a mass fabricator(it was going so slowly) but was able to reproduce it when connecting the cable to an ultimate energy cube(when it was filling ofc).

Note that I have a lot of advanced solar generators(ie ~50), the lag seems to only happen when they're discharging their internal buffer.

edit:
Ignore that, I upgraded a bunch of mods(including yours, excited to try the miner!), forge and now it doesn't lag! Woot!

Just noticed after upgrading that all the colors of my factory settings(ie input/output) had gone back one(ie dark blue was now dark red, and dark blue was now purple).

What's this new bar at the bottom of the factories?

New bar is for secondary energy - Factories now serve as Combiners, Purification Chambers, and Osmium Compressors :)

Just to test your lag issue, I set up this monstrosity:

hRRVSrn.jpg

Had a large buffer of energy in the solar, and this giant creation here didn't lag one bit - still was getting about 30 FPS even on my macbook air. Glad it worked out for you!

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I tested the Digital Miner today. I have good news and bad news.
Good:
-It looks COMPLETELY AWESOME
-Everything works perfectly
-Recipe seems good
-The configs are BRILLIANT ("Wait, you mean i can just go and mine out all the Certus Quartz I'll ever want and not have to deal with 100k cobble?)
Bad:
-Uber fast (like, "oh crap if I connect this to a pipe and break it it would crash a server" fast) to the point of insanity
-Energy cost? lol u funneh
-Best Griefing Tool 2013
-Actually is so fast that you couldn't reasonably supply it with replacement blocks unless you had ANOTHER Digital Miner
[DOUBLEPOST=1385359883][/DOUBLEPOST]In other news, could we possibly have a blacklist mode on Logistical Sorters and Digital Miners? Like instead of "export these items only" we get "don't export these items only". Another suggestion would be to configure Silk Touch individually on items (to deal with things like Certus).

Last edited: