MCPC+ |ForgeEssentials|BukkitForge(Bukkit mods{kind of})

What would you use

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Energysipher323

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

i have a fully functional Mindcrack server with MCPC+ and more than 50 plugins running with no problems. Only some bugs with some objects from mods and protecctions but MCPC+ team works very well and solve almost all bugs in a few days.

The performance its incredible, i have a small 2gb server but its running 3 worlds, dynmap, a lot of plugins and some chunkloaders, and i have a lot of memory free and no lag.

I tried BukkitForge and i cant live without Pex or something similar, and talking about forgeEssentials, i prefer to use Skript bukkit plugin and create my own plugins.

Sorry for my bad english

What host are you using with 2gb's with no lag. Also how many slots are you using?

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
MCPC+ utilizes non-Bukkit-ported versions of the various plugins which makes it quite the challenge to find server AND
client (FML) versions. (what do you mean here?)

Tonight I launched a FTB DireWolf20 server and got the usual errors (which I have documented in another post) but saved it and then deleted the "ftbserver.jar" and replaced it with
"mcpc-plus-1.4.7-R1.1-SNAPSHOT-f524-199.jar" and modified the "ServerStart" batch file to run that MCPC+ jar instead of the ftb jar (this doesn't need to be done, just rename mcpc-plus.jar to ftbserver.jar Doesn't really matter, but just faster than modifying the script).

Now, I tried to run regular minecraft (what?) but FML came up
with a laundry list of missing mods so instead I ran the FTB launcher which connected me just fine.
Question: should I look for all of those client-side mods or contine to use the FTB
launcher? (explain more; what do you mean exactly?)

Lastly, I have not added any plugins yet although I can see that the folder was indeed created. I'm going to try and add 'PermissionsEX', 'Grief Prevention', 'LWC', 'World Border', and
'Multiverse Core' (I read somewhere that 'Multiverse Portals' and 'Multiverse Nether Portals' really mess things up and the whole Multiverse plugin APPEARS to be in process of if not
already abandoned). Any warnings or suggestions I should heed? Thanks.

Multiverse seems somewhat unnecessary, but perhaps you could tell us more of what purposes you plan to use it for?

Dungeonmaster

Jul 29, 2019
@ Эрик: thanks for your reply and please understand that I am not trying to contradict you, I am just following suggestions and steps I have uncovered in my exploration of FTB, Tekkit and MCPC+.

”MCPC+ utilizes non-Bukkit-ported versions of the various plugins which makes it quite the challenge to find server AND client (FML) versions. (what do you mean here?)”
From Bloodshot’s very first sentence in his forum post regarding MCPC+: “We took it one step further this time...removed the need to port mods =). Bukkit plugins no longer need to be remapped as it is done automatically.”
http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=4657.0
and
from the big bold red letters on the page listing 1.4.6 ported mods (since no need to do with 1.4.7): “If you are using the MCPC+ build, mods do not need to be ported, and the ports on this page will not work. Use the normal versions of the mods."
http://mcportcentral.co.za/wiki/index.php?title=Ports_for_1.4.6

"Now, I tried to run regular minecraft (what?) but FML came up with a laundry list of missing mods so instead I ran the FTB launcher which connected me just fine."
Sorry, I should have been more explicit. I launched the (vanilla-with-FML) MineCraft CLIENT and got past the Mojang screen but when I selected Multiplayer I got an error screen asking for all of the missing mods that I assume should have been in “C:/Users/Name/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/Mods”. I then ran the FTB launcher, selected the DireWolf20 modpack and the game ran fine.

"Question: should I look for all of those client-side mods or contine to use the FTB launcher? (explain more; what do you mean exactly?) "
Aside from being easier to run and update, is there a compelling reason to use the FTB launcher rather than downloading all of the missing client-side mods for use with the vanilla-with-FML launcher?

"Lastly, I have not added any plugins yet although I can see that the folder was indeed created. I'm going to try and add 'PermissionsEX', 'Grief Prevention', 'LWC', 'World Border', and 'Multiverse Core' (I read somewhere that 'Multiverse Portals' and 'Multiverse Nether Portals' really mess things up and the whole Multiverse plugin APPEARS to be in process of if not already abandoned). Any warnings or suggestions I should heed? Thanks.
Multiverse seems somewhat unnecessary, but perhaps you could tell us more of what purposes you plan to use it for?"
The server I admin has been running for almost a year and in that time we have seen a lot of code change in addition to the game being officially released. When I first started I thought it would be neat to keep the player made creations and yet offer them the ability to experience new content with friends. In addition I had some concepts I wanted to try – here’s a few: A Skylands world with no monsters to be used for resource gathering only. A post-apocalyptic desert world stuck in perpetual daylight where sunlight causes damage unless armor is worn. A world caught in eternal night where various fortresses dot the landscape offering food and shelter from the constant presence of monsters. A water world where underwater domes and islands would be the norm.

Using the ‘Multiverse’ suite I was able to accomplish this AND that helped me play with the economic aspect as portals cost money to use; each world also had a separate inventory for the player using ‘MultiInv’ and ‘ChestShop’ allowed for the buying and selling of various goods. I also implemented the 'Mailbox' plugin to allow players to transport goods at a price. Think of the main world as a portal hub ala “StarGate”. Currently I have my eye on a few of the zombie mods in order to build an infested world where more significant treasures can be regularly found utilizing the ‘Treasure Chest’ mod.

So thanks again and I look forward to your reply!

(edited for paragraph breaks)

Эрик

Jul 29, 2019
I realize that mod remapping is done automatically, but why is this an issue? Or am I wrong in that it's an issue? The client just uses all the mods from the modpack and the server does too. Just to clarify, Bukkit plugins are serverside only which I think you realize.

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. I launched the (vanilla-with-FML) MineCraft CLIENT and got past the Mojang screen but when I selected Multiplayer I got an error screen asking for all of the missing mods that I assume should have been in “C:/Users/Name/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/Mods”. I then ran the FTB launcher, selected the DireWolf20 modpack and the game ran fine.
Mods do not get installed into .minecraft unless you put them there yourself. FTB uses a separate directory for all of its minecraft instances. When you run FTB nothing is put into your .minecraft.

Aside from being easier to run and update, is there a compelling reason to use the FTB launcher rather than downloading all of the missing client-side mods for use with the vanilla-with-FML launcher?

No, there's no other reason besides convenience really. Because server and client side config files must match in addition to forge versions matching (typically), as well as mod versions having to match. You could set up your own launcher with source from certain github repositories but FTB is simply more convenient since all the mods and various config files have already been generated. If you want your own set of mods you could always set up a private pack through FTB as well. But any updates will only be pushed every Monday so that might be inconvenient for you.

In the case of multiverse, yes it looks like to do those things you would need the plugin. Although most of it could probably be accomplished with mystcraft and a ruins mod as well. But multiverse would be easiest. I don't have experience with multiverse on a mcpc server though I've seen some people run it. I just don't really know about its performance. Hopefully someone else can fill in here. If you do have trouble with portals from multiverse though, I think mystcraft linking books might be able to connect, but again, that would remove the economy aspect in that it costs nothing to use linking books.

Energysipher323

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so far this is the second time i have installed mcpc but it still stutters. For some reason when using mcpc on my server its all stuttery on the screen and shit its unplayable. What is causing that?

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
DungeonMaster - That is very extensive. I will add some of that for sure. And put credit by you. You put alot of effort to look into that. As regards clean MC installs. Multimc is the best for that. Worked on multimc for me :).

Inacio

Jul 29, 2019
Using MCPC+ and LogBlock doesn't log breaks of mod blocks, only vanilla ones. Any help? This is a very critical issue

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Not really. Logblock isnt reccomended for bukkitforge or MCPC+. It dosen't work on eather. Ive never liked logblock in the first place. Ide use coreprotect or hawkeye. Not to hard to change plugin, certainly easyer than having to change from permissionsEX to groupmanager like I did with bukkitforge.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Not really. Logblock isnt reccomended for bukkitforge or MCPC+. It dosen't work on eather. Ive never liked logblock in the first place. Ide use coreprotect or hawkeye. Not to hard to change plugin, certainly easyer than having to change from permissionsEX to groupmanager like I did with bukkitforge.

What about prism? Does it log modded blocks? anyone know

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Prism dosen't work on bukkitforge. Since i last tested. Not sure if it works for MCPC+ I always just used coreprotect.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Prism works pretty well with MCPC+, logs modded blocks. So far the only action ive found it cant log is opening of certain bags, i.e. redpowers canvas bags.

MadeOke

Jul 29, 2019
so... whats better now?
i use bukkitforge for now, but tps randomly down
should i try mcpc+?

I Have dedi box Intel i7 920 12 GB Ram , FTB use 8 gb and a Crucial SSD

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
After trying ForgeEssentials, Fihgu's mod and MCPC+, I favor MCPC+ by a long shot.
I had many issues with FE from server crashes to many errors in the console (seems it's still in Alpha stage). Fihgu's Mod is a good light weight "basic needs" mod. But, what else can I say about MCPC+? - bukkit plugins, enough said.

Using PEX, Commandbook, WorldEdit, Worldguard with MindCrack mods with no issues so far.

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Awsome to get that Thronk, honestly any way i could update this and improve it would be awsome. Just contact me with anything i could update. :).

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
Really. I mean honestly, coreprotect is the best blocklogplugin in my point of view it produces no lag if linked to mySQL and dosen't require mySQL. It logs every single block and has all the comamnds prism has from what i know. :).

Status
Not open for further replies.