March News

Discussion in 'Feed the Beast News' started by Feed the Beast, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Hambeau

Hambeau Forum Addict

You might keep an eye on the "Ask a Simple Question" thread... I'm sure someone there might be of help until a specific "Pyramid" thread is created.

It's "Being hit on the Head" lessons in here... :D

SolManX likes this.
  2. DinnerBeef

DinnerBeef Active Member

It's been fixed anyway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Kuktar

Kuktar Member

Heyoooo march news :p thanks for the update team. I am so freaking excited to see what it looks like! me and my son can't wait to watch some streams.

Magzie likes this.
  4. Nuclear_Creeper0

Nuclear_Creeper0 Well-Known Member

An open beta is also a thing.

5. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

This is not a game dev company releasing a game. It is a modding community.

Softwerker and Pyure like this.
  6. Pyure

Pyure Not Totally Useless

What's your point? If you state that a dev should do something simply because that thing exists, adding more "things" doesn't reinforce your point. It just reinforces mine.

zBob likes this.
  7. CaptPanda

CaptPanda Well-Known Member

But people want their half-cooked and unfinished games, look at steam! It's full of them!

Either way, I'm glad that they let you resubmit items in the pyramid pack in case you used all of them accidentally, however lack of options to automate early-earlygame is a bit annoying. But oh well.

8. Drbretto

Drbretto Popular Member

So, as someone who was not part of this game or community 6 years ago, can anyone here give me a brief rundown on what this pyramid thing is all about?

9. Golrith

Golrith Over-Achiever Trusted User

It's a challenge pack, the pyramid has goals to achieve, which usually involves feeding the goals into the pyramid. As you complete them, you get rewards that should help you. It's down to you to work how to to complete the challenges.

10. turbodiesel4598

turbodiesel4598 Well-Known Member Mod Developer

Played the original all those years ago like many others... so far, this is a beautiful throwback!

11. Henry Link

Henry Link Popular Member

@Drbretto Think of the pyramid map as the earliest form of questing book. The original was done in minecraft 1.2.5 and the map was designed to have you feed it certain items you could craft at that stage. It would then reward you with other items you need for the next stage. The new map is the same idea as the old one where your quest book so to speak is the map itself.

Drbretto likes this.
  12. Drbretto

Drbretto Popular Member

hmm.. That's interesting. I might check this one out.

13. mti_

mti_ Active Member

Is it known what "Expert+" mode will be?
    Will we see a "plus" mode in Continuum?

14. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

Continuum is the Expert mode pack.

15. mti_

mti_ Active Member

That is taken from the Pyramid pack. So FTB is working on an "Expert+" mode. I wonder what that is. And if Continuum might have it too.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  16. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

Sorry there is going to be 3 modes in the Pyramid map pack which make recipes hard and increases the number of items requires to unlock tiers. He explains on one of the FTB one practice runs on youtube. Link to Video:

17. Nuclear_Creeper0

I'd imagine FTB Pyramid is still being tweaked. So can you make it so that the entire OpenComputers setup for each side only activates when a player joins a team, they create excessive lag.

18. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

wink wink ;)

Watchful11 likes this.
  19. Nuclear_Creeper0

Don't Approve.

20. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

it isn't my video. It is Tedyhere. Haven't seen anywhere else posting yet on youtube but I'll let you know if I see more.