Unsupported Magic Farm 2 Version 1.1.1+ Bug Reporting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Did you checked the initial RAM usage before going AFK????? i guess not.....if you did that then only you can compare the difference...then only you will notice the leak.

FYI i played direwolf20 a lot....it never crashed my game.

Yes I did. Stop guessing.

We have spent the last 2-3 pages of this thread attempting to troubleshoot a problem that I can't duplicate. I'm sorry but I cannot resolve an issue that appears to be hardware related. This is not a modpack bug as it does not effect everyone. Everyone on this thread has tried very hard to find a solve this issue and we can't. I do not believe you are going to be able to continue playing this pack.

This issue is closed and the thread will be moving on to bugs. Bugs are things that effect more then 1-2 people.

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I did. Stop guessing.

We have spent the last 2-3 pages of this thread attempting to troubleshoot a problem that I can't duplicate. I'm sorry but I cannot resolve an issue that appears to be hardware related. This is not a modpack bug as it does not effect everyone. Everyone on this thread has tried very hard to find a solve this issue and we can't. I do not believe you are going to be able to continue playing this pack.

If I give it only 4GB of RAM the max it reaches after 2 hours is:

0aserver.png

If I give it 8GB of RAM the max it reaches after 4 hours is:

aper.png

All of the 1.6 packs except Lite2 are suggested to have at least 3GB of RAM. Vanilla for 1.6.4 recommends 2GB with no mods added.

If you did that....then you didn't post the RAM difference in your previous posts.....you only said MAx.....if you notice the difference...can you tell me that???

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
If you did that....then you didn't post the RAM difference in your previous posts.....you only said MAx.....if you notice the difference...can you tell me that???

The difference was exactly the same as I get from playing Vanilla, DW20, Forgecraft etc for several hours at a time. about 500,000 KB. Any pack I play for several hours has about that amount of variance over the course of playtime. The first major jump is in the first half hour. After an hour or so it stabilizes and doesn't grow much if at all. Your tests have been done over a much shorter time period.

There are aprox 10k players playing MF2 on any day of the week. 22 MF2 servers of which at least 2 have over 300 unique players and an average of 20-40 players online at a time. Several servers have been online since MF2 launched without ever resetting their world. If there was a massive modpack wide memory leak issue there would be more people having the issue. This is a hardware issue, and I am sorry about that. This modpack cannot be played on every computer, I wish it could, but it can't.

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
The difference was exactly the same as I get from playing Vanilla, DW20, Forgecraft etc for several hours at a time. about 500,000 KB. Any pack I play for several hours has about that amount of variance over the course of playtime. The first major jump is in the first half hour. After an hour or so it stabilizes and doesn't grow much if at all. Your tests have been done over a much shorter time period.

There are aprox 10k players playing MF2 on any day of the week. 22 MF2 servers of which at least 2 have over 300 unique players and an average of 20-40 players online at a time. Several servers have been online since MF2 launched without ever resetting their world. If there was a massive modpack wide memory leak issue there would be more people having the issue. This is a hardware issue, and I am sorry about that. This modpack cannot be played on every computer, I wish it could, but it can't.

You can leave this now....I don't quit easy btw....i will see what i can do with this and i already started working on my own pack.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
World render such as plants growing is not a RAM issue nearly as much as a graphics issue. And from day 1 I have stated this pack is incredibly heavy on graphic rendering. ...

After weeks of playtime MF2 comes out as using less RAM for me than DW20 or the other packs. THe thing about MF2 is if your computer can handle the intial start up and still has RAM left over than you can probably play it just fine for a very long time. ...

There is a world leak from vanilla if you pop back and forth between various dimensions. And Harvestcraft will increase the RAM useage. But rgk007 is saying he is having a permanent constant memory leak from standing still AFK without having done anything other than load his game. I have tested, Pantong has tested. We cannot get this to occur on demand. Which means it is more than likely a hardware issue and this pack is too graphically heavy for rgk007 to play. I am sorry but I cannot fix something that is only occuring on a few computers. And there are too many people very publicly playing this pack for 4+ hours without a memory leak for it to be concluded that every computer has the issue.

Jaded, I think you are closing this issue too quickly.

I don't know what is happening with rgk007. It's very possible that we're seeing a graphics driver bug being triggered by the graphical demands of this modpack. And, that's not what I'm looking at.

I could, in 1.1.8 (need to retest in 2.1.2), look at an AE storage system, go AFK, and see a steady increase in allocated memory until Java had allocated all it could.

Last night, and I went over my footage and GC logs multiple times, I had a steady leak in allocated memory just from having harvest craft plants in view. Now, I can see the claim that this was about getting the models prepped and ready and into the video rendering system. Fine. But if that were the only issue, it would stop once I had been through the entire farm -- and that's something I can easily test today (I'm pretty sure it was false, and kept growing, but silly me, I turned off the recorder for the "boring" part.)

I am aware that people have streamed for many, many hours. If the claim is that there are only a few things that will affect this, it is very possible that you will never run into that situation. Equally, if you have allocated many, many gigs to java, it might never actually reach the limit.

Finally, the "current system ram being used" / RSIZE (resident size) values are ... well, not completely meaningless, but very low value. It is affected too much by other things happening on the system and the behavior of the operating system. The issue that really matters here (and that you/modders have control over) is the ram allocated/used by Java; this is why I stress the garbage collection logs as much as everyone else stresses the forge logs. And this is why it takes me so long to produce my performance testing videos, because I am going over the logs with an attention to details.

Incidentally, I'm really ... "annoyed" about that vanilla dim change bug, and really had hoped Mojang had squashed it. I cannot get it to repeat on demand consistently if I'm just doing overworld - nether, but it does happen consistently with every mod-added dimension I've played with. And Mojang doesn't seem to want to hear about vanilla bugs that are triggered by mods.

===
The stuff added by Special Mobs, Deadly World and Infernal Mobs are not considered "Vanilla" mobs and are frequently unaffected by the Magnum Torch. This is now mentioned under Intended in the first post since people keep incorrectly labeling it a bug.

Have I mentioned how much I thought the MT was OP, or that I love your ability to turn an OP item into a source of large amounts of nasty monsters because all the others are gone?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Jaded, I think you are closing this issue too quickly.

I don't know what is happening with rgk007. It's very possible that we're seeing a graphics driver bug being triggered by the graphical demands of this modpack. And, that's not what I'm looking at.

I could, in 1.1.8 (need to retest in 2.1.2), look at an AE storage system, go AFK, and see a steady increase in allocated memory until Java had allocated all it could.

Last night, and I went over my footage and GC logs multiple times, I had a steady leak in allocated memory just from having harvest craft plants in view. Now, I can see the claim that this was about getting the models prepped and ready and into the video rendering system. Fine. But if that were the only issue, it would stop once I had been through the entire farm -- and that's something I can easily test today (I'm pretty sure it was false, and kept growing, but silly me, I turned off the recorder for the "boring" part.)

I am aware that people have streamed for many, many hours. If the claim is that there are only a few things that will affect this, it is very possible that you will never run into that situation. Equally, if you have allocated many, many gigs to java, it might never actually reach the limit.

Finally, the "current system ram being used" / RSIZE (resident size) values are ... well, not completely meaningless, but very low value. It is affected too much by other things happening on the system and the behavior of the operating system. The issue that really matters here (and that you/modders have control over) is the ram allocated/used by Java; this is why I stress the garbage collection logs as much as everyone else stresses the forge logs. And this is why it takes me so long to produce my performance testing videos, because I am going over the logs with an attention to details.

Incidentally, I'm really ... "annoyed" about that vanilla dim change bug, and really had hoped Mojang had squashed it. I cannot get it to repeat on demand consistently if I'm just doing overworld - nether, but it does happen consistently with every mod-added dimension I've played with. And Mojang doesn't seem to want to hear about vanilla bugs that are triggered by mods.

===

Have I mentioned how much I thought the MT was OP, or that I love your ability to turn an OP item into a source of large amounts of nasty monsters because all the others are gone?

Still not what he was talking about. And not something I can fix. Please keep this thread to bugs I can actually do something about. I can't solve intermittent potential memory leaks. There is nothing I can do about that.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
This is the last post on the topic of memory leaks.

This is a picture of pure vanilla on the same graphical settings with a 64x resourcepack. Without jvm arguments with a max of 3GB of RAM and over the course of an hour afk.

0vanilla.png

The modpack adds 1GB to the size of me playing just plain vanilla minecraft in 1.6.4 .

The difference over the course of the hour from start to finish: 500,000 kb - exactly the same as when I play the modpack. If anything its a vanilla leak that might be worse on some hardware or using specific mod combinations. It is not a modpack bug. Further posts on this topic will be removed as this is not a modpack bug, it is not something I can solve, it is an inherent vanilla issue that may be being made worse for some people by the ammount of world gen in MF2.

There is a 1GB differrence in both the vanilla test and the MF2 test if I do it in a superflat world.

Graphic settings for all tests: Vsync off, Open GL off, Max FPS, Render Far, Brightness highest, max smooth lighting, Clouds on, Particles All, 64x resourcepack.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Whats the bug? Lettuce placed in the Machinist's Workbench sometimes shows up as a Tomato.
I cannot seem to get this to occur at all. Are you placing it by hand?
I just tried again in a fresh copy of the modpack. Everything was going fine. I set up the recipe for a Footlong, wrote it to a schemaic, cleared the grid, loaded the grid, set it again manually, and the only glitch was that when I picked up the Lettuce from in the workbench inventory, the tomatoes in the grid started rendering as lettuces until I put the lettuce down again. Then, when I shift-clicked half a stack of tomatoes into the workbench inventory, I get tomato-tomato instead of tomato-lettuce, and I can't get the lettuce to show up at all any more, just tomatoes. HTH.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried again in a fresh copy of the modpack. Everything was going fine. I set up the recipe for a Footlong, wrote it to a schemaic, cleared the grid, loaded the grid, set it again manually, and the only glitch was that when I picked up the Lettuce from in the workbench inventory, the tomatoes in the grid started rendering as lettuces until I put the lettuce down again. Then, when I shift-clicked half a stack of tomatoes into the workbench inventory, I get tomato-tomato instead of tomato-lettuce, and I can't get the lettuce to show up at all any more, just tomatoes. HTH.

I'll do some more investigating.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2.1.2
Mod & Version:
Pastebin link to crash log: none
Whats the bug? Used food challenge configs by deleting the current cofh and minetweaker folder and using the ones from the config pack, yet the dynamos and extra utilities generators are all still craftable and show up in NEI.

Can it be repeated?
Known Fix:

copied the recipe remover lines from the FoodFuel.cfg and pasted into the ExtraUtilities.cfg file and the crafting recipes are now removed. I looked at the config files and no idea on why it wasn't loading. Everything looks correct.

Edit: I re-downloaded MF2 and merged the config folders with harderMF, then Food challenge instead replacing the folders. Configs work fine now, and crafting recipes are disabled properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pantong

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
This is the last post on the topic of memory leaks.

This is a picture of pure vanilla on the same graphical settings with a 64x resourcepack. Without jvm arguments with a max of 3GB of RAM and over the course of an hour afk.

0vanilla.png

The modpack adds 1GB to the size of me playing just plain vanilla minecraft in 1.6.4 .

The difference over the course of the hour from start to finish: 500,000 kb - exactly the same as when I play the modpack. If anything its a vanilla leak that might be worse on some hardware or using specific mod combinations. It is not a modpack bug. Further posts on this topic will be removed as this is not a modpack bug, it is not something I can solve, it is an inherent vanilla issue that may be being made worse for some people by the ammount of world gen in MF2.

There is a 1GB differrence in both the vanilla test and the MF2 test if I do it in a superflat world.

Graphic settings for all tests: Vsync off, Open GL off, Max FPS, Render Far, Brightness highest, max smooth lighting, Clouds on, Particles All, 64x resourcepack.

I fixed the memory leak....I made a custom pack and used all the mods in MagicFarm2 and also added Steve carts mod too....and still i can play with steady 90+ fps and steady RAM. I didnot used the FTB launcher.I played for almost 70+ hours with no problems at all and all that time the RAM never passed 2gb.

Yesterday i was watching Mindcrack player Anderzel's FTB video of the new mindcrack pack....in that video he mentions about a memory leak in that upcoming mindcrack modpack and he said the leak is 6gb per hour.....

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed the memory leak....I made a custom pack and used all the mods in MagicFarm2 and also added Steve carts mod too....and still i can play with steady 90+ fps and steady RAM. I didnot used the FTB launcher.I played for almost 70+ hours with no problems at all and all that time the RAM never passed 2gb.

I would love to get some more information on your setup, and how you are measuring.

First, what is your startup environment? What are you using as the launcher, what arguments, etc?

Second, ... How do you measure "ram never passed 2gb"? If you rely on resident memory size, how are you accounting for the OS sending unused pages to the disk? Are you relying on F3 allocated figure? (it's not very accurate -- it overreports -- but it does give a good upper bound).

Third ... What are you doing? I'm at the point of concluding that some things don't bother memory, and some things do.

(I'm editing a memory testing video. No leak in Pam's plants, but there is a leak in something I was doing in town. Right now it's still in the "bores you to sleep" stage ...)

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday i was watching Mindcrack player Anderzel's FTB video of the new mindcrack pack....in that video he mentions about a memory leak in that upcoming mindcrack modpack and he said the leak is 6gb per hour.....

That leak is caused by Calclavia Core... I can't fix it yet. I don't pick the mods for DW20 or Mindcrack or several mods would have been pulled for stability.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Jukari

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2
Mod & Version: Mariculture 1.2.0g
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash log, Memory Leak
Whats the bug? Oyster Rendering updates cause a memory leak that gradually maxes out your memory if they're nearby and being rendered.
Can it be repeated? Yes, place 15-20 oysters nearby, place sand in them all, and go about your business. Shouldn't take long to notice the memory usage creeping up towards the 99% mark and then freezing to occur. Tested 4 times, with the only thing changing around my base being whether or not the oysters were placed down and converting sand into pearls.
Known Fix: Remove oysters while playing, and place them down in a chunk loaded area before logging off, if you want pearls and don't like restarting frequently.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2.1.2
Mod & Version: Pam's Harvestcraft
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug? Rutabaga seeds cannot be use to create seed soup.
Can it be repeated?
Known Fix:

Jukari

Jul 29, 2019
That explains the memory leak i had before....the first time i had a major leak filling my entire RAM in 15 minutes,i had over 25 Oyesters with sand in it.....and i always made my base near ocean biome.....
I told you Jadedcat there is a memory leak
I don't believe being near an ocean biome with existing oysters has any impact. Only oysters that are converting sand into pearls. My base has been by an Ocean biome for 2 weeks, and I only recently started getting the memory leak issues when I started messing with Oysters. Didn't take much to narrow it down, since it was the only new thing in my place.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I know it's Oysters now. (Why their current rendering is making some peoples ram keep going up and up ,though idk). Gonna change their rendering, so they should be much better in future.

Jukari

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I know it's Oysters now. Gonna change their rendering, so they should be much better in future.
Sounds great. Love the mod, btw. It's not a huge deal to me, just an inconvenient bug. Knowing about it helps handle it though. So now I just put the oysters in before logging off, and grab them when I get back on.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Well since it appears no one has any bugs in MF except an intermittent memory leak on some systems.....

Status
Not open for further replies.