Unsupported Magic Farm 2 Version 1.1.1+ Bug Reporting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 -- Cannot duplicate
Mod & Version:2.1.2
Pastebin link to crash log: Game is eating RAM too quickly.After playing for 15 minutes,it starts to freeze every 10 seconds. The RAM eating up was a little bit slower at 1.1.8 and can play for atleast one or two hours.After updating to 2.1.1 its too quick now,can only play for 15 minutes before lagging even after reducing render distance to "SHORT".
Whats the bug?
Can it be repeated?
Yes
Known Fix:

Screenshot at 10:15pm
O9E5PVP.jpg

Screenshot at 10:25pm
73T660E.jpg

Screenshot at 10:30pm
dNPXWkw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 v2.1.2
Mod & Version: Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.2 or Hunger Overhaul 1.6.X-2l-build4
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash.
Whats the bug? Lettuce placed in the Machinist's Workbench sometimes shows up as a Tomato. The first time I palced it in, no problem. After that, "tomato, tomato, tomato". No matter how you pronounce it, it sounds nothing like "lettuce".
Can it be repeated?
Yes
Known Fix:

Last edited by a moderator:

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Only vanilla mobs are stopped by the torches. Some of the special mobs are not.

Thanks for replying. The problem now is,after updating to 2.1.2 i cannot play the game more than 15 minutes.Its eating up the RAM too quickly. I tried it 3 times with same result.Please check my previous posting.
I hope you fix this problem...Thanks for all the hard work you doing for us.

Have a nice day :)

Pantong

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2
Mod & Version:2.1.2
Pastebin link to crash log: Game is eating RAM too quickly.After playing for 15 minutes,it starts to freeze every 10 seconds. The RAM eating up was a little bit slower at 1.1.8 and can play for atleast one or two hours.After updating to 2.1.1 its too quick now,can only play for 15 minutes before lagging even after reducing render distance to "SHORT".
Whats the bug?
Can it be repeated?
Yes
Known Fix:

Screenshot at 10:15pm
O9E5PVP.jpg

Screenshot at 10:25pm
73T660E.jpg

Screenshot at 10:30pm
dNPXWkw.jpg

Dat cpu usage, i was upset mine got over 20% when players were online. What are you running on? Try some jvm's recommended here.
My server can hit about 15 players before it gets over 2gb with these, now if i can bring the cpu usage down into the 10%'s

Def try the args, they will help massive amounts...

Reactions: PhilHibbs

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Dat cpu usage, i was upset mine got over 20% when players were online. What are you running on? Try some jvm's recommended here.
My server can hit about 15 players before it gets over 2gb with these, now if i can bring the cpu usage down into the 10%'s

Def try the args, they will help massive amounts...

I tried with the arguments.....got only 15 minutes more....so after playing 25-30minutes...its freezing every 10 seconds because of heavy RAM and CPU usage.

0xtZQIM.jpg

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I tried with the arguments.....got only 15 minutes more....so after playing 25-30minutes...its freezing every 10 seconds because of heavy RAM and CPU usage.

0xtZQIM.jpg

Nothing was added in 2.1.2 that should have increased RAM or CPU. In fact several of the updates were about lowering overhead.

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing was added in 2.1.2 that should have increased RAM or CPU. In fact several of the updates were about lowering overhead.

Yet its the opposite for me and some players.
Its unplayable after the update.I even tried reinstalling entire mod and started a new world,and the result is same Also growthcraft recipes are not working (growthcraft is useless right now).

I'm done with this pack.No offense but I have been playing FTB for over a year now and this is the worst mod pack i ever tried,because i have to stop playing after few days and its getting worse after each update....lot of bugs.I want the bugs to be fixed and that's why i started reporting bugs for the first time.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Yet its the opposite for me and some players.
Its unplayable after the update.I even tried reinstalling entire mod and started a new world,and the result is same Also growthcraft recipes are not working (growthcraft is useless right now).

I'm done with this pack.No offense but I have been playing FTB for over a year now and this is the worst mod pack i ever tried,because i have to stop playing after few days and its getting worse after each update....lot of bugs.I want the bugs to be fixed and that's why i started reporting bugs for the first time.

Sorry you feel that way. Funnily enough based on bug reports FTBLite 2 and MF2 are considered to be the 2 most stable and least buggy packs. MF2 however is much heavier on computer resources than FTBLite2.

You said you swapped from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2. No mods were added between those 2 versions. Mods were removed, recipes were tweaked but no new mods were added. You have not previously mentioned Growthcraft recipes not working aside from the fishnet which was removed and would therefor not work. Up until 2 days ago the recommended version was 1.1.8 . Any no recommended version frequently has bugs, thats why we test them before pushing them to recommended, so we can try to solve the bugs.

If you actually swapped from 1.1.8 to 2.1.x then Extra Cells and AOBD were added. But unless you were using those blocks they shouldn't have had any effect on your world because they wouldn't have been present in your world. If it started at 1.1.8 then the issue might have been Growthcraft since Growthcraft was added in 1.1.8. Your continued reference to Growthcraft recipes not working makes me think you were using 1.1.8 not 2.1.x. because the growthcraft fishnet which is what had a recipe that didn't work was removed in 2.1.0. If it was the 1.1.8 update that caused the issue I would not be surprised. This pack is very hard on graphics rendering. Growthcraft adds more graphic rendering in the way of world gen. This pack is not reccomended as is for less powerful computers. I can run this pack without issue for 18+ hours. And have on streams.There are several streamers and youtubers that regularly stream 5-8 uninterrupted hours of MF2. Different computers handle different packs differently. That does not make it a modpack issue.

The other things you have reported are not bugs. They are the mod and pack working as intended. This is a conversion pack. Things frequently don't work the same way as players are used to. That does not make them bugs.[DOUBLEPOST=1392405123][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about Extra Utilities "Magnum Torch" ???
mobs are still spawning around it just like in 1.1.8

The magnum torch only works on "Vanilla" mobs. The stuff added by Special Mobs, Deadly World and Infernal Mobs are not considered "Vanilla" mobs and are frequently unaffected by the Magnum Torch. This is now mentioned under Intended in the first post since people keep incorrectly labeling it a bug.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 v2.1.2
Mod & Version: Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.2 or Hunger Overhaul 1.6.X-2l-build4
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash.
Whats the bug? Lettuce placed in the Machinist's Workbench sometimes shows up as a Tomato. The first time I palced it in, no problem. After that, "tomato, tomato, tomato". No matter how you pronounce it, it sounds nothing like "lettuce".
Can it be repeated?
Yes
Known Fix:

I cannot seem to get this to occur at all. Are you placing it by hand?

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry you feel that way. Funnily enough based on bug reports FTBLite 2 and MF2 are considered to be the 2 most stable and least buggy packs. MF2 however is much heavier on computer resources than FTBLite2.

You said you swapped from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2. No mods were added between those 2 versions. Mods were removed, recipes were tweaked but no new mods were added. You have not previously mentioned Growthcraft recipes not working aside from the fishnet which was removed and would therefor not work. Up until 2 days ago the recommended version was 1.1.8 . Any no recommended version frequently has bugs, thats why we test them before pushing them to recommended, so we can try to solve the bugs.

If you actually swapped from 1.1.8 to 2.1.x then Extra Cells and AOBD were added. But unless you were using those blocks they shouldn't have had any effect on your world because they wouldn't have been present in your world. If it started at 1.1.8 then the issue might have been Growthcraft since Growthcraft was added in 1.1.8. Your continued reference to Growthcraft recipes not working makes me think you were using 1.1.8 not 2.1.x. because the growthcraft fishnet which is what had a recipe that didn't work was removed in 2.1.0. If it was the 1.1.8 update that caused the issue I would not be surprised. This pack is very hard on graphics rendering. Growthcraft adds more graphic rendering in the way of world gen. This pack is not reccomended as is for less powerful computers. I can run this pack without issue for 18+ hours. And have on streams.There are several streamers and youtubers that regularly stream 5-8 uninterrupted hours of MF2. Different computers handle different packs differently. That does not make it a modpack issue.

The other things you have reported are not bugs. They are the mod and pack working as intended. This is a conversion pack. Things frequently don't work the same way as players are used to. That does not make them bugs.[DOUBLEPOST=1392405123][/DOUBLEPOST]

The magnum torch only works on "Vanilla" mobs. The stuff added by Special Mobs, Deadly World and Infernal Mobs are not considered "Vanilla" mobs and are frequently unaffected by the Magnum Torch. This is now mentioned under Intended in the first post since people keep incorrectly labeling it a bug.

I cannot seem to get this to occur at all. Are you placing it by hand?

Yes, i placed them by hand.I used 9 torches so my base will be completely mob free...it wasn't....i think only few mobs were spawning.

But that's not the major problem at all. when i was playing with 1.1.8,i could play nonstop for 2 hours....after each update it became smaller and smaller and with recent update its 15 minutes.I'm not even moving away from base....just farming,crafting,pulverizing.I don't know why the RAM has to increase exponentially every second.I have been playing for only few days....so no end game things at base....no chunk loaders...no lava pump

Before my last reply i tried disabling a bunch of mods i don't even use and started a new world......same result....RAM continuously increase from 1.0gb and within an hour it reaches 3.0gb.

aKUg8CH.jpg

Extra Cells wont be a problem because i don't even started with applied energetics yet.Also growthcraft recipes were not working in 2.1.2...i didn't tried them in 1.1.8.
I backup the world everyday...so even tried directly from 1.1.8 to 2.1.2 instead of using the non-recommended ones. Just before i freshly tried a new world with a without disabling some mods.I don;t know what to do now.I have updated everything from my end...java,graphic drivers.....and i have a fast PC and i had played with a lot more mods before.....Before trying this,i have been playing Direwolf20 1.6.4 with no problems.

I like this mod pack and i wish to continue playing....

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, i placed them by hand.I used 9 torches so my base will be completely mob free...it wasn't....i think only few mobs were spawning.

But that's not the major problem at all. when i was playing with 1.1.8,i could play nonstop for 2 hours....after each update it became smaller and smaller and with recent update its 15 minutes.I'm not even moving away from base....just farming,crafting,pulverizing.I don't know why the RAM has to increase exponentially every second.I have been playing for only few days....so no end game things at base....no chunk loaders...no lava pump

Before my last reply i tried disabling a bunch of mods i don't even use and started a new world......same result....RAM continuously increase from 1.0gb and within an hour it reaches 3.0gb.

aKUg8CH.jpg

Extra Cells wont be a problem because i don't even started with applied energetics yet.Also growthcraft recipes were not working in 2.1.2...i didn't tried them in 1.1.8.
I backup the world everyday...so even tried directly from 1.1.8 to 2.1.2 instead of using the non-recommended ones. Just before i freshly tried a new world with a without disabling some mods.I don;t know what to do now.I have updated everything from my end...java,graphic drivers.....and i have a fast PC and i had played with a lot more mods before.....Before trying this,i have been playing Direwolf20 1.6.4 with no problems.

Try disabling the Growthcraft mods. If that doesn't work try disabling Mariculture, it just got a major re-write so maybe something in it screwed up.

Pantong

Jul 29, 2019

aKUg8CH.jpg

Not 100% sure if this was already asked, but what java are you running?
Have you tried a 100% clean inseall(delete ftb as well)?
I have noticed a leak, but over 24 hours of my server running we hardly get 3gb.
System specs?
What processor are you running?
If you want, hit up my email and i will try to get you on skype or something and see if i can help.
[email protected]

Have you installed opis server side and looked around with that. (i had a problem yesterday where 400~+ cows were spawned but their farm was not killing them. Causing a bit of lag. Opis saved the server)

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Try disabling the Growthcraft mods. If that doesn't work try disabling Mariculture, it just got a major re-write so maybe something in it screwed up.

I just tried a new world after disabling 'growthcraft,Mariculture and gravestone' and now the RAM is stabilized at 1.4gb....so one of them might be the suspect.I will be back after some more testing.

Edit: Yeah i think its Mariculture. I will do some more testing.Also the growthcraft recipes are working fine.

Last edited:

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Yeah i think its Mariculture. I will do some more testing.Also the growthcraft recipes are working fine.

If at all possible would you mind going through and disabling individual modules? (Namely world and Magic Module) in Mariculture, and maybe try disabling them all, to see if it's actually core. I don't experience this problem myself, so I would like to be able to narrow it down if it's certain modules or not and try and 'fix it'.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Placing by hand, or with a schematic. I'll try removing the mods that I've added (AM2, CC, WR:CBE, SFM) to see if I've caused a conflict, but I can't do that until Tuesday at the earliest.

Let me know when you can. Cause that is really odd.

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
If at all possible would you mind going through and disabling individual modules? (Namely world and Magic Module) in Mariculture, and maybe try disabling them all, to see if it's actually core. I don't experience this problem myself, so I would like to be able to narrow it down if it's certain modules or not and try and 'fix it'.

I didn't have much time to test.So i tried a new world with and without mariculture.The difference is not big.Both worlds using up RAM exponentially.Without mariculture its only a little slow.So I'm not completely sure its mariculture alone.

I also downloaded and tried Direwolf20 pack just now inorder to check the RAM usage on it.I created a new world...explored a little bit...a set up a MFR mob spawner grinder set up and just observed the RAM.....the RAM is Steady....no exponential increase at all.

So its causing in MagicFarm mod pack only......the problem with this is...i can never go afk on magicfarm....because within an hour or less,it will completely use up the RAM

But no problem afk in direwolf20 pack.....

Direwolf20 pack using initial RAM 1.7gb and never going over 2.2gb
Magicfarm pack using initial RAM 1.3gb and goes over 3 gb until it freezes by consuming the entire 4gb have

direwolf20 pack is still running in background while i'm typing this message RAM is still 2.2gb not increasing much....

So i think its some kind of memory leak or world leak or something....i don't know much technical about these things...

My question is why the RAM has to exponentially increase while staying still doing nothing aka afk....

Please fix these guys....i like this modpack and i want to play...let me know what i can do to help.

PS: I'm playing single player

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't have much time to test.So i tried a new world with and without mariculture.The difference is not big.Both worlds using up RAM exponentially.Without mariculture its only a little slow.So I'm not completely sure its mariculture alone.

I also downloaded and tried Direwolf20 pack just now inorder to check the RAM usage on it.I created a new world...explored a little bit...a set up a MFR mob spawner grinder set up and just observed the RAM.....the RAM is Steady....no exponential increase at all.

So its causing in MagicFarm mod pack only......the problem with this is...i can never go afk on magicfarm....because within an hour or less,it will completely use up the RAM

But no problem afk in direwolf20 pack.....

Direwolf20 pack using initial RAM 1.7gb and never going over 2.2gb
Magicfarm pack using initial RAM 1.3gb and goes over 3 gb until it freezes by consuming the entire 4gb have

direwolf20 pack is still running in background while i'm typing this message RAM is still 2.2gb not increasing much....

So i think its some kind of memory leak or world leak or something....i don't know much technical about these things...

My question is why the RAM has to exponentially increase while staying still doing nothing aka afk....

Please fix these guys....i like this modpack and i want to play...let me know what i can do to help.

PS: I'm playing single player

I can't fix what I can't duplicate. Its impossible for me to pinpoint a specific mod and get something fixed. This pack is very graphically heavy, it will use more RAM than DW20. The heaviest mods in the pack are BoP, TC4 and Special Mobs. If the mariculture update isn't what was causing the increase and growthcraft isn't causing it then I really have no idea why it would only start occurring after the update. Modpack bugs are bugs that can be duplicated. I can't duplicate this. I can't even narrow it down to one or 2 mods to talk to authors.

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
I can't fix what I can't duplicate. Its impossible for me to pinpoint a specific mod and get something fixed. This pack is very graphically heavy, it will use more RAM than DW20. The heaviest mods in the pack are BoP, TC4 and Special Mobs. If the mariculture update isn't what was causing the increase and growthcraft isn't causing it then I really have no idea why it would only start occurring after the update. Modpack bugs are bugs that can be duplicated. I can't duplicate this. I can't even narrow it down to one or 2 mods to talk to authors.

I don't use BoP and i tried disabling Special mobs and infernal mobs etc....still the same....i tried disabling a bunch of mods and no luck....its too time consuming like you said.

Please try this: If you have a world.....then observe your RAM while not moving in game.Also please let me know how much RAM it uses as single player in your test.
Graphic settings are set to low....fast graphics...not fancy....

Also its not the update causing this.....this problem was still there in 1.1.8...after the update it got worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.