Unsupported Magic Farm 2 Version 1.1.1+ Bug Reporting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cossy

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm - Reported
Mod & Version: 1.1.8 (Tinker's Construct Tweaks)
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Bug 1) Changing a part of a mattock will crash the game. Most likely can be repeated as you cannot create a mattock out of different materials.
Bug 2) Upgrading the blade of a sword will not increase the attack of the weapon, creating a new blade of the higher tiered metal will have the proper higher attack.
Known Fix: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:

Delcar

Jul 29, 2019
did you shift click a mob head onto an armor stand? I had something to this happen on my server. we disabled armor stands. and insta rebooted server. (ty ramdisk for forgetting)

Changed the block ID as Jaded suggested, worked fine. It was definitely related to the armor stands, but I don't know how to disable them completely?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Changed the block ID as Jaded suggested, worked fine. It was definitely related to the armor stands, but I don't know how to disable them completely?

in any of the Minetweaker configs , I suggest the Random.cfg add this line under the last line in there

recipe.remove(<2249>);

that should disable the recipe. Just make sure that number is the ID of the armor stand on the server. Thats the ID in the MF configs.

Just in case people have spares..

In the NEI.cfg
add

2249:0=NONE

to the BannedBlocks list. Then noone can place them.

eruffini

Jul 29, 2019
By the sounds of it. You do not have Titanium, but have Impure Titanium. Which would not be a bug.

128 impure titanium from one magnesium? That's a hell of a difference from the original recipe involving refrigeration!

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 - Known Issue fixed in later Mariculture. MF2 2.1.2
Mod & Version:1.1.8
Pastebin link to crash log: none
Whats the bug? Mariculture Speed boat doubles when break with pickaxe.Always gets two boats upon breaking.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Ditch the extra one :p

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
128 impure titanium from one magnesium? That's a hell of a difference from the original recipe involving refrigeration!

No it is not... You got 0 Titanium. You have to combine that Impure Titanium with Magensium to get proper Titanium.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 -- Not technically a bug but being looked at for tweaking
Mod & Version: 2.0.1
Whats the bug? Boosted XP remains after upgrading pick.
Can it be repeated? yes
Known Fix:

Not sure if this is intentional, or not, but if you are part way through your boosted XP numbers, and are able to get iron or a head to boost your pick, then upgrade to the next tier material, the amount of XP earned towards boosted remains, speeding your way to the next level. If you boost your mining level purely through use, the XP boost is reset when the next metal tier is upgraded. I got a zombie head to boost from copper to iron, and my XP boost level remained after upgrading the pick to iron.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Not sure if this is intentional, or not, but if you are part way through your boosted XP numbers, and are able to get iron or a head to boost your pick, then upgrade to the next tier material, the amount of XP earned towards boosted remains, speeding your way to the next level.
I'm sure it is, I'd be upset to lose a ton of tool XP for absolutely no benefit just because of the timing of when I applied an upgrade.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm2 - 1.6.4
Mod & Version: 2.0.1
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug? :
The game is slowly eating up RAM completely until freezing the game.First the RAM usage will be 1.4gb....then after few minutes it increases to 1.8 and so on until it reaches 3.X gb (i have 4gb RAM) and then the game starting to freeze every few seconds until unplayable.Task manager screenshots below.
Can it be repeated? Yes.Tried multiple times.
Known Fix:

Screenshot taken at 1:58PM
6gpxaPc.jpg

Screenshot taken at 2:20PM
pGTlH2K.jpg

Screenshot taken at 2:59PM
UbHnJjU.jpg
We have this on the server as well as clients:

Our temp fix, was too add better gc args to the jvm. people still needed to restart the game client, but not every 30 mins. maybe every 3-4 hours. Server will run with about 20 people (on and off)for 23 hours before needing a good restart. then you start to notice a gc cpu spike.

from 1.1.8 - 2.1.1 this issue is a lot better

running 2 gb for my client

Quoting you two to say that I'm having the same issue after updating from 1.1.8 to 2.1.1. Between 30 minutes to an hour of playtime, the game begins to freeze every 10 to 20 seconds for about 3-4 seconds each time. This was not an issue prior to updating the modpack.

I have 4 related crash logs, although the game does not crash until I try exiting the world.

http://pastebin.com/FQSMeNyn
http://pastebin.com/4FMTLN4b
http://pastebin.com/jgBU2FCH
http://pastebin.com/DHhVyFr3

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
2.1.2 should fix a bunch of bugs. If this version works out it will go to recommended before the weekend.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
It will be up. Our changelog guy is at school.

No rush, just curious! Still loving the modpack. After several days of playing LAN with a friend, we're still not tech'd up and practically invulnerable like is usual with other packs. Thanks for your hard work on this pack!

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2
Whats the bug? Extra Utilities "Magnum Torch" is not disabling mobs around it.Mobs are spawning within 5-10 blocks of it at night.I set up 9 magnum torches around my base and still a lot of mobs.They are suppose to have a range of 64 blocks right???
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:
Wpy4er7.jpg

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 -- Fixed in 2.1.2
Whats the bug? Cannot craft Mariculture "sheet of alumimium" for scuba tank.There is no mariculture aluminium recipe and Tinker's aluminium is not accepting in recipe.Also lot of mariculture recipes not come up in NEI like "Hard Plastic" for flippers.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the bug? Cannot craft Mariculture "sheet of alumimium" for scuba tank.There is no mariculture aluminium recipe and Tinker's aluminium is not accepting in recipe.Also lot of mariculture recipes not come up in NEI like "Hard Plastic" for flippers.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

You have two options. You can use my auto-dictionary converter, to convert tinkers aluminium to mine. Simply place a tinkers aluminium in the top slot and then left click it to cycle to mine. Then stick the tinkers aluminium on the left and it will convert it. (The problem with the unifier is you need to have one of mine to convert it to, you don't with my block).

Or... update to a newer version of magicfarm :p

As for the recipes not showing up, that's not a bug, I just hadn't made NEI plugins for 1.1.4

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 -- Not a bug. Read Changelogs
Mod & Version:2.1.2
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/Mk78aFRM
Whats the bug? ID Mismatches when updating from 1.1.8 to 2.1.1......Growthcraft Fishtrap disappeared....checked the mods folder and its not there.Mariculture compressor has to break and place again to make it work again.All the sand inside the Oysters disappeared.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

qrDgRRe.jpg

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version:2.1.1
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/Mk78aFRM
Whats the bug? ID Mismatches when updating from 1.1.8 to 2.1.1......Growthcraft Fishtrap disappeared....checked the mods folder and its not there.Mariculture compressor has to break and place again to make it work again.All the sand inside the Oysters disappeared.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

Read the changelogs for the versions between 1.1.8 and 2.1.2 https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Magic+Farm+2+2.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.