Unsupported Magic Farm 2 Version 1.1.1+ Bug Reporting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use BoP and i tried disabling Special mobs and infernal mobs etc....still the same....i tried disabling a bunch of mods and no luck....its too time consuming like you said.

Please try this: If you have a world.....then observe your RAM while not moving in game.Also please let me know how much RAM it uses as single player in your test.
Graphic settings are set to low....fast graphics...not fancy....

Also its not the update causing this.....this problem was still there in 1.1.8...after the update it got worse.

I did test that. Its part of what I test when making a pack.

If I give it only 4GB of RAM the max it reaches after 2 hours is:

0aserver.png

If I give it 8GB of RAM the max it reaches after 4 hours is:

aper.png

All of the 1.6 packs except Lite2 are suggested to have at least 3GB of RAM. Vanilla for 1.6.4 recommends 2GB with no mods added.

The above were done at Fast Graphics, Max FPS 1920x1080 resolution ,with a 64x resourcepack and all mods enabled in SSP on the world I play for testing the pack. Not sure which setting you are adjusting for "low". I do not use any jvm arguments at all. My computer can power through just about anything though. Typically if you can lag my computer with a mod, you need to re-write the mod.

Pantong

Jul 29, 2019
1.3gb in single player after 3 hours. (was afk on it, and my jvm is very long and detailed). Like Jadedcat said, if we cant pinpoint it, and duplicate it, it cant be fixed. it could be on of the (60-80 mods?) that are in the pack. And if we cant even get the same problem as you its next to impossible to find.

If you think it is just the pack, try installing the mods all on your own and just use the configs given. Or maybe even with a different launcher(is that possible here?). I'm very sorry, but at this point, its going to be eliminating mods on a 1 by 1 basis. Try disabling all and adding 1 at a time back and launching world. Once suspect mod is found, or the problem is replicated, try disabling the mods 1 by 1 and seeing if you can replicate it down to just 1 or 2 mods. The only thing i can think of.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
1.3gb in single player after 3 hours. (was afk on it, and my jvm is very long and detailed). Like Jadedcat said, if we cant pinpoint it, and duplicate it, it cant be fixed. it could be on of the (60-80 mods?) that are in the pack. And if we cant even get the same problem as you its next to impossible to find.

If you think it is just the pack, try installing the mods all on your own and just use the configs given. Or maybe even with a different launcher(is that possible here?). I'm very sorry, but at this point, its going to be eliminating mods on a 1 by 1 basis. Try disabling all and adding 1 at a time back and launching world. Once suspect mod is found, or the problem is replicated, try disabling the mods 1 by 1 and seeing if you can replicate it down to just 1 or 2 mods. The only thing i can think of.

I am guessing you are probably also not using a 64x resourcepack? :p I really should use jvm arguments... but I never need them.

Pantong

Jul 29, 2019
basic 16x16 =p, i don't need jvm's but they never hurt. Watch some hulu while waiting for my ale to ferment is a plus.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
basic 16x16 =p, i don't need jvm's but they never hurt. Watch some hulu while waiting for my ale to ferment is a plus.

I have 16GB 2133 RAM... worst case scenario I give MC 8 GB and still have plenty for everything else.

Pantong

Jul 29, 2019
I have 16GB 2133 RAM... worst case scenario I give MC 8 GB and still have plenty for everything else.
exactly lol, gotta watch streams / movies / shows while playing my games =p (at least the ones that do not have deep story)

You just wish you had my computer :p
I would like to think my is far above average. Not too sure, i know its not top for sure. I'm not running intel cpus, so my games might suffer a bit(3-5%fps?), by my 770:4gb is great for my sim games in tripple monitor! I mainly just play games / learning forge

Meh. I just need a new graphics card. I'm still using a GeForce 480
That's old school by computer standards lol

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh, a memory leak thread/discussion! I have one definite leak in 118, 80% certain I know where; and another in 212, 50% certain. Will retest both this weekend.

I'm looking at client-side rendering leaks, not server-side. I don't know if there is a server-side leak or not. Yet.

===

Making a sandwich with peanut butter and jelly returns a glass jar, apparently what the jelly was in. But no jar was needed to make the jelly.

Pantong

Jul 29, 2019
day has been made lol

Ohh, a memory leak thread/discussion! I have one definite leak in 118, 80% certain I know where; and another in 212, 50% certain. Will retest both this weekend.

I'm looking at client-side rendering leaks, not server-side. I don't know if there is a server-side leak or not. Yet.

===

Making a sandwich with peanut butter and jelly returns a glass jar, apparently what the jelly was in. But no jar was needed to make the jelly.

118, 212?
Please do, if there is a memory leak we should track it down asap.
80% sure, you have a few candidates?

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
I did test that. Its part of what I test when making a pack.

If I give it only 4GB of RAM the max it reaches after 2 hours is:

0aserver.png

If I give it 8GB of RAM the max it reaches after 4 hours is:

aper.png

All of the 1.6 packs except Lite2 are suggested to have at least 3GB of RAM. Vanilla for 1.6.4 recommends 2GB with no mods added.

The above were done at Fast Graphics, Max FPS 1920x1080 resolution ,with a 64x resourcepack and all mods enabled in SSP on the world I play for testing the pack. Not sure which setting you are adjusting for "low". I do not use any jvm arguments at all. My computer can power through just about anything though. Typically if you can lag my computer with a mod, you need to re-write the mod.

Did you test by going afk???? In my point of view when i go afk at a position there is no further world generation or any new chunks loading....only the existing chunks.....and say it takes 1.3gb RAM.....there must be some fluctuations in RAM around 100mb or so due to the mobs running around and things.....but my question is why the RAM has to constantly increase from 1.3gb to 4gb after an hour doing nothing....That's what happens to me in magicfarm pack

In Direwol20 pack....its not increasing at all on afk....only increase and decrease within 100mb.....

When i played direwolf20 pack....i go afk after making a steve cart tree farm....for 2 or 3 hours with no problem.....

Jadedcat....please do this: go afk at a position....notice the RAM....then check the RAM usage again at one or two hours.Check the difference...then you will know there is a leak....you are missing this because your PC has so much RAM so it will take hours to run out
But in my case i have 4gb RAM...so i notice small things

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Just in case it is something strange in the worlds we are testing:

Can someone else have your client look at an ME controller and ME drive, just sitting there, looking at those two, and see if the memory used by the client goes up? (80% confidence, but from 1.1.8 of magic farm)

Equally, if you have a field of pams harvest plants just sitting there, ripe, and you are (A) looking at them, or (B) harvesting them, does the memory go up? (50% confidence, from 2.1.2 of magic farm. )

Exporting a session, with GC analysis now. Let me get it started to YouTube ... Here.

Pantong

Jul 29, 2019
Did you test by going afk???? In my point of view when i go afk at a position there is no further world generation or any new chunks loading....only the existing chunks.....and say it takes 1.3gb RAM.....there must be some fluctuations in RAM around 100mb or so due to the mobs running around and things.....but my question is why the RAM has to constantly increase from 1.3gb to 4gb after an hour doing nothing....That's what happens to me in magicfarm pack

In Direwol20 pack....its not increasing at all on afk....only increase and decrease within 100mb.....

When i played direwolf20 pack....i go afk after making a steve cart tree farm....for 2 or 3 hours with no problem.....

Jadedcat....please do this: go afk at a position....notice the RAM....then check the RAM usage again at one or two hours.Check the difference...then you will know there is a leak....you are missing this because your PC has so much RAM so it will take hours to run out
1.3gb doing nothing never going above after an hour.

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019

Can someone else have your client look at an ME controller and ME drive, just sitting there, looking at those two, and see if the memory used by the client goes up? (80% confidence, but from 1.1.8 of magic farm)

Equally, if you have a field of pams harvest plants just sitting there, ripe, and you are (A) looking at them, or (B) harvesting them, does the memory go up? (50% confidence, from 2.1.2 of magic farm. )

Exporting a session, with GC analysis now. Let me get it started to YouTube ... Here.

I just tested a new world with only Pams Harvest disabled and everything else enabled.....RAM is steady at 1.5gb.....

Edit:after 10 minutes again RAM is steady at 1.5gb even at night time

Edit:Added Pams Harvest to Direwolf20...RAM usage is not steady...Increasing from 1.7gb

Edit: Direwolf20 with Pams Harvest now 1.8gb and slowly but increasing

Edit: Direwolf20 with Pams Harvest now 1.85gb and slowly but increasing

Edit: Direwolf20 with Pams Harvest now 1.9gb and slowly but increasing

Last edited:

Pantong

Jul 29, 2019
I just had a problem on my server... Using MCPC timings to debug low tick rate. And testing, my server saw a large increase in cpu and ram when this one farm(Enough to hurt ticks down into 15tps), about 500-600 different pam's mods plants was loaded. I'm going to check if regular server jar has same problem. Once chunks unloaded TPS 19.5. (have pics if requested).

If i reproduce the error ill see if it is related to the plants only being fully grown and sitting there, or if it is all the time.

After that ill see if removing mob fixxes tick rate.

Note: At time of testing server has been online for ~20 hours @ 3gb ram

EDIT: Ran tests on my side by side and production server. Inconclusive. Disableing pams mod did not show any change in ticks. I'll have to change some thing around on my end =p
EDIT2: >.> <.< maybe if i looked at the "cpu usage" in task manager i would notice someone else started up a server in the background for their counterstrike games lol. All normal, maybe overreacted

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

I did go afk. As the post said. 2 hours and 4 hours and I used 4GB and 8GB... I am not going to redo the test again.[DOUBLEPOST=1392560125][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just tested a new world with only Pams Harvest disabled and everything else enabled.....RAM is steady at 1.5gb.....

Edit:after 10 minutes again RAM is steady at 1.5gb even at night time

Edit:Added Pams Harvest to Direwolf20...RAM usage is not steady...Increasing from 1.7gb

Edit: Direwolf20 with Pams Harvest now 1.8gb and slowly but increasing

Edit: Direwolf20 with Pams Harvest now 1.85gb and slowly but increasing

Edit: Direwolf20 with Pams Harvest now 1.9gb and slowly but increasing

Harvestcraft has not changed since day 1 of the release. Yes it is one of the heavier mods for graphic rendering in the pack. But it would not cause a sudden jump in the leak after the update because.. Harvestcraft hasn't changed.[DOUBLEPOST=1392560205][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah thats not what this guy is asking about. He's saying that if he just opens the game in SSP and sits there without doing anything at all that the memory keeps going up till it crashes.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
World render such as plants growing is not a RAM issue nearly as much as a graphics issue. And from day 1 I have stated this pack is incredibly heavy on graphic rendering. Many people who can play DW20 etc just fine have a hard time playing Magic Farm because of the rendering demands of all the world gen. And yes farms of growing plants will increase the issue to some extent. Especially if you have a less powerful graphic card. This pack recommends 3GB minimum available as do all the 1.6.4 packs except Lite2.

DW20 will be lighter at the start because it has less World Gen. However once you start placing lots of machines etc it will start climbing and eventually require more RAM than MF2. MF2 will require more RAM out of the gate than DW20 or Tech or any of the packs really because it has a huge ammount of World Gen. However the machines in the mod do not add up as quickly because the tech mods picked for MF2 are much lighter than the other packs. After weeks of playtime MF2 comes out as using less RAM for me than DW20 or the other packs. THe thing about MF2 is if your computer can handle the intial start up and still has RAM left over than you can probably play it just fine for a very long time. With other packs they start off light and grow heavier the more machines etc you use so eventually many people who could handle the startup RAM of DW20 etc end up unable to play through to having a full tech tree.

There is a world leak from vanilla if you pop back and forth between various dimensions. And Harvestcraft will increase the RAM useage. But rgk007 is saying he is having a permanent constant memory leak from standing still AFK without having done anything other than load his game. I have tested, Pantong has tested. We cannot get this to occur on demand. Which means it is more than likely a hardware issue and this pack is too graphically heavy for rgk007 to play. I am sorry but I cannot fix something that is only occuring on a few computers. And there are too many people very publicly playing this pack for 4+ hours without a memory leak for it to be concluded that every computer has the issue.

Last edited:

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
I did go afk. As the post said. 2 hours and 4 hours and I used 4GB and 8GB... I am not going to redo the test again.

Did you checked the initial RAM usage before going AFK????? i guess not.....if you did that then only you can compare the difference...then only you will notice the leak.

FYI i played direwolf20 a lot....it never crashed my game.

Status
Not open for further replies.