Magic Farm 2 venting and advice thread

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Just got to iron level!!!

I was wondering if you lose hunger per time you hit a mob. If that is the case, I would probably be better off not using a rapier as my melee.

Also I noticed there was an option for harder configs........................

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Just got to iron level!!!

I was wondering if you lose hunger per time you hit a mob. If that is the case, I would probably be better off not using a rapier as my melee.

Also I noticed there was an option for harder configs........................

Cleavers are the best for hitting one mob at a time per food basis. Scythe for groups(Zephyr might be better actually... Hrmmm).

Also base MF2 isn't terribly difficult, but I'm insane so...

If you want hard remove all drops from infernal mobs and double the chance of the rarer types.

I'm rather eager to try BnB for a test of difficulty.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Cleavers are the best for hitting one mob at a time per food basis. Scythe for groups(Zephyr might be better actually... Hrmmm).

Also base MF2 isn't terribly difficult, but I'm insane so...

If you want hard remove all drops from infernal mobs and double the chance of the rarer types.

I'm rather eager to try BnB for a test of difficulty.

The harder configs do more than that...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The harder configs do more than that...
That was just off the top of my head as one of the things that make it not terribly difficult. I'll have to give the harder settings a try sometime :p

Once I'm done being addicted to this Tera game.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Make juicer, find berry bush, infinite food right there, I've been getting on average a net gain of 2 fruit juices PER DAY. Also, walk don't run.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the start of my farm. I've been living mainly off the natura berry bushes. It took a while for the raspberry ones to get established. I have done a lot of foraging while everything was growing. I am only now starting to harvest the fruits and veggies growing in the fields. Up until now, most of the produce has been turned back into seeds to continue expanding the farm. The crops grow soooo slow. I only have 4 plants of most of the crops. The back middle farm is all pumpkins at the moment, and will be partially swapped out for melons once I find/trade for seeds. I'm still looking for the other natura berry bushes. I only have blueberry and raspberry at the moment. The area at the far back is going to become my natura berry bush area as well as placing jungle wood in the walls for planting cocoa. I've been sleeping through the night so enemies don't spawn, but from what I've been reading in this thread, I'm going to have to enclose my farm so mobs don't trample it at night. This will be important when I start heading underground for long periods of time.

http://imgur.com/a/l9ncL#0

One of the tricks I have found is that during the "well fed" status effect, your hunger does not drop. I've used this to quickly pillar up to a slime island (lots of jumping) as well as sprinting around to speed travel. As long as "well fed" is active, you can do whatever you want without worrying about hunger. Edit: Apparently, sprinting still uses hunger, but other activities don't.

The Juicer has been necessary for me. I bring it and a stack of berries when I travel. As long as you are picking a new direction to travel, you should find plenty of food along the way.

I am at the stage that I really need to go mining. I've just about run out of copper repairing the tools needed for farming. The only thing left for me to do at the moment is to start building some animal pens. I luckily had enough food nearby that I didn't have to slaughter all the nearby animals while I was building all this out.

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
@netmc

You can ignore maloberries; they're worthless IIRC. If you get a 2 wide set of berry bushes to 32 long(A stack of bushes) it'll easily maintain your food. If you want something more interesting and so you don't need to take berries/juicer with you once you have iron make what it takes to make stock. They fill 1 bar and craft 3 at a time.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019

Early game, there is no reason to farm all the seeds you have. Choose a food and farm only the ingredients that you need. I suggest looking for soy, as it makes a ton of recipes, and when you process it in a presser, you get double the results (Silken Soy and Soy Milk). I use it to make cheese and hamburgers for the Delighted Meal, but you should choose something easier as you just started out.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
@netmc

You can ignore maloberries; they're worthless IIRC. If you get a 2 wide set of berry bushes to 32 long(A stack of bushes) it'll easily maintain your food. If you want something more interesting and so you don't need to take berries/juicer with you once you have iron make what it takes to make stock. They fill 1 bar and craft 3 at a time.

I'll stop hunting for the other berry bushes then.. Thanks. I've been crafting garden soup, as I have a lot of rutabagas and rhubarb from foraging, and I can't craft much else with them at the moment as I lack a couple key ingredients to make better meals from them.

I have some soybeans... How do you craft soybeans into tofu?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
I'll stop hunting for the other berry bushes then.. Thanks. I've been crafting garden soup, as I have a lot of rutabagas and rhubarb from foraging, and I can't craft much else with them at the moment as I lack a couple key ingredients to make better meals from them.

I have some soybeans... How do you craft soybeans into tofu?
Make a presser and put them in it. As I said before, when you do this it outputs Silken Tofu and Soy Milk. You will need to press the tofu again to get Firm Tofu, which is the meat substitute.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this but you should grind wheat in a AE grinder when you can get to that tier of mining. It is the most efficient way to make bread (just smelt the resulting flour).

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
yeah... the special zombie mob that explodes you and then teleports to you, then takes your weapon.... yeah thats kinda rediculous... How does one kill the rediculous mob?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Make a presser and put them in it. As I said before, when you do this it outputs Silken Tofu and Soy Milk. You will need to press the tofu again to get Firm Tofu, which is the meat substitute.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this but you should grind wheat in a AE grinder when you can get to that tier of mining. It is the most efficient way to make bread (just smelt the resulting flour).

That won't work after version 2.0 <.< ...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
yeah... the special zombie mob that explodes you and then teleports to you, then takes your weapon.... yeah thats kinda rediculous... How does one kill the rediculous mob?

Bah. Find a mob with the tag "infernal" at the beginning. Proceed to delete world.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Flour cooked to bread. All flour is now ore dictionary and must be turned to dough to be baked into bread. 3 wheat still makes bread.
I expected as much. But I have to say, soy is a bit too good. It is a bit too universal. I half expected you to say both.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I expected as much. But I have to say, soy is a bit too good. It is a bit too universal. I half expected you to say both.

Not yet.

I did add the meat ingots from MFR to the generic meat recipes. Should work in the same recipes as tofu now.

And the new MF has generators from XU that you can power with food....

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
According to the pastebin in the getting started guide - http://pastebin.com/YEfN8sCX - I should be able to mine diamonds, gems and redstone using a bronze pickaxe head. I can't actually mine it though. Am I reading this wrong, or do I still have to boost the pickaxe before I can actually mine the listed tier?