Mage Quest's Feedback and Discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
All has been quiet on the pack front, any news or teasers? And a very important question! Will we be getting the Witchery update? It has werewolves...that is kinda cool.

Edit: I feel its evident, but this is not an ETA. Just curiosity about the development of the pack.

When the next chapter is released, the mods will *probably* be the latest versions. They might not be- that decision ultimately lies with Jadedcat, but it'd probably take one hell of a bug and several other things for this to happen. We won't be updating mods without first updating quests, or at least making sure the old quests still work with the updates. We learned our lesson with Witchery.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Random question! Can HQM only detect items? Or could it detect the LP in my network?
I'm not totally sure about this, but I thought that there was some way to detect the "% full capacity" of an orb that is in a blood altar. Might have had something to do with comparators...

But no, HQM doesn't have that feature. Why are you asking?

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not totally sure about this, but I thought that there was some way to detect the "% full capacity" of an orb that is in a blood altar. Might have had something to do with comparators...

But no, HQM doesn't have that feature. Why are you asking?
I had an idea for a late game quest. And HQM is really awesome and I wanted to understand all its features.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
The QDS can accept liquids, and it's possible to convert blood from the altar into a liquid. We'd just have to figure out moving liquids between the two tanks with the mods we have.

It's the most workable alternative to a *detect x LP* quest I can think of.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
The QDS can accept liquids, and it's possible to convert blood from the altar into a liquid. We'd just have to figure out moving liquids between the two tanks with the mods we have.

Without pipes that seems like it would be hellish. lol

Edit: You guys ever get Blood Magic spells handled? I have been experimenting with them and it is a very robust system.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

His first question was about his soul network, I think...

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
You guys ever get Blood Magic spells handled? I have been experimenting with them and it is a very robust system.
Spells, and other tier 2 quests are a WIP. Odds are, we'll only be able to teach mechanics, not specifics about spells, due to limitations in HQM.

Gizmit

Jul 29, 2019
I would pay money to have some sort of decoration mod in this pack. My Schola Arcana totally needs banners from Craft Heraldry, and I keep on forgetting that I don't have Chisel.

If I make big puppy eyes, would you guys throw them in?

Dachshund

Jul 29, 2019
Just had a look at this modpack. Does the quest sytem "lock you out" playing with the other mods?
Also was there some sort of statment that "forbidden magic", "Thaumic exploration" or "chisel" would not be added?

Last edited:

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Just had a look at this modpack. Does the quest sytem "lock you out" playing with the other mods?
Also was there some sort of statment that "forbidden magic", "Thaumic exploration" or "chisel" would not be added?

Quests will not lock you out of other mods- only the quests relating to those mods. You can still explore the other mods at will.

As for extra mods- the mods that are in the pack at the moment are pretty much final. Don't expect any major changes.

Dachshund

Jul 29, 2019
Quests will not lock you out of other mods- only the quests relating to those mods. You can still explore the other mods at will.
Thanks for clearing that up

As for extra mods- the mods that are in the pack at the moment are pretty much final. Don't expect any major changes.
Aww :(
Guess i have to add them manually and hope i dont break anything. Thats probably a decision you made as a team and i can understand why you wouldnt add every mod, but i would have bet money on that at least forbidden magic gets added to the pack, since it ties thoose big magic mod a bit together.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for clearing that up

Aww :(
Guess i have to add them manually and hope i dont break anything. Thats probably a decision you made as a team and i can understand why you wouldnt add every mod, but i would have bet money on that at least forbidden magic gets added to the pack, since it ties thoose big magic mod a bit together.
I think, if you play through the quests on their HQM, you will realize that forbidden magic (while I love that addon) really does not fit with the story. The mods are presented as different schools of magic, headed by different houses, and some of them even have rivalries. An addon that ties them all together just does not fit the story.
Edit: I do have a mechanic that needs added to this modpack badly! High level blood magic seems almost based around setting up passive LP gain. But this modpack has an inability to setup a good system. I can use a spawner+life imbuer(Botania) and well of suffering. But there are no chunkloaders.
Edit 2: You can use a poppet shelf to chunkload....but its kinda silly looking to have poppet shelves everywhere. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: tatsu011

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Just had a quick question and concern, is Archmagus no longer being updated going to effect the mod? I mean, I could be jumping the gun on saying its not going to be updated. But the author has been gone for almost 5 months.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Heya all *waves*

Luckily found this thread, took me a while to find new informations about this modpack (which I'm really looking forward to having a server-version one day, since I miss the know-how about it and so waiting till it's official).
Played around a bit again with it and really like the quests I saw so far (very curious about this "maybe forever", if there will be ways to play through all four quest-routes in a single game. So if it's really just "maybe" forever locked ^^)

One little question though:
What is the mod which adds all the streamers/youtubers/modders as enemies and is it save to disable it?
While I'm one the one side really curious of all the names I heard or not heard yet about, I kinda dislike being forced to fight against them or reading always about who just tried to swim in lava or fell from a high place. It's just a personal feeling, that I don't feel to well with this mod. (would be something different if the villagers would be these people, but as enemies... naaw)

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Heya all *waves*

Luckily found this thread, took me a while to find new informations about this modpack (which I'm really looking forward to having a server-version one day, since I miss the know-how about it and so waiting till it's official).
Played around a bit again with it and really like the quests I saw so far (very curious about this "maybe forever", if there will be ways to play through all four quest-routes in a single game. So if it's really just "maybe" forever locked ^^)

One little question though:
What is the mod which adds all the streamers/youtubers/modders as enemies and is it save to disable it?
While I'm one the one side really curious of all the names I heard or not heard yet about, I kinda dislike being forced to fight against them or reading always about who just tried to swim in lava or fell from a high place. It's just a personal feeling, that I don't feel to well with this mod. (would be something different if the villagers would be these people, but as enemies... naaw)
This has all been discussed in earlier portions of the thread. But yes, this modpack forces you to make choices. It has a story, it is not a simple tutorial for all the magic mods. You pick a house, that choice is at the cost of other potential houses.

The mod is headcrumbs. You can disable it. But there might be quests for it later. So, disabling it is a risky choice. I just choose to alter their spawn rates to reasonable levels.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the double post, but I thought I would provide some semi-important feedback. If you do not tweak the headcrumbs mod, the mobs will overrun the End to the point of enderman being kinda rareish there. Also, I would like to suggest tweaking Ruins, the structures spawning in the End is very weird.