[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any issue using the Serenade of the Nether with Thermalilies? I fired up a test world, set everything up, the lilies eat up the lava. Everything peachy.

Just as I was making adjustments to the setup, I hear a repetetive sound (as if when a game crashes and you here a wubwubwub sound) and noticed red particles coming out of the Master Ritual Stone and no lava appearing. I used the Creative Orb and I double checked with the sigil to see if I had LP in there, and I did.

Anyone have any ideas?

I found the problem. But I don't know if it's intended or not. The thing is, for what I understand, Thermalilies will consume lava veeeeeery fast while they are on cooldown. The sound I spoke on my previous post was, apparently, of the lava source blocks being consumed and replaced very quickly.

Is this a feature, intended mechanic, bug, or forgotten mistaken config?

Edit: I've searched a bit more and found out that this is an intended change from the mod side... Now how in hell am I suppose to just leave them there...?

Last edited:
M

MachineHead

I found the problem. But I don't know if it's intended or not. The thing is, for what I understand, Thermalilies will consume lava veeeeeery fast while they are on cooldown. The sound I spoke on my previous post was, apparently, of the lava source blocks being consumed and replaced very quickly.

Is this a feature, intended mechanic, bug, or forgotten mistaken config?

Edit: I've searched a bit more and found out that this is an intended change from the mod side... Now how in hell am I suppose to just leave them there...?
So here what i did i put a magic hourglass with 6 minutes cooldown then i ran redstone to the master ritual. Now my ritual shuts off and back after 6 min

Reactions: Ashendale

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any issue using the Serenade of the Nether with Thermalilies? I fired up a test world, set everything up, the lilies eat up the lava. Everything peachy.

Just as I was making adjustments to the setup, I hear a repetetive sound (as if when a game crashes and you here a wubwubwub sound) and noticed red particles coming out of the Master Ritual Stone and no lava appearing. I used the Creative Orb and I double checked with the sigil to see if I had LP in there, and I did.

Anyone have any ideas?
One thing I noticed working with Thermalilies since the major revision of Botania is that a lily on cool down WILL pull lava (thus resetinf the cool down) BEFORE a lily that is not on cool down! Thus, if you have many lilies pulling from the same spot you MUST be able to place enough lava to satisfy ALL of them within 45 seconds. Otherwise the first one finishes delivering power, enters cool down, grabs the next block of lava and resets its cool down, and the whole setup screeches to a halt.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I noticed working with Thermalilies since the major revision of Botania is that a lily on cool down WILL pull lava (thus resetinf the cool down) BEFORE a lily that is not on cool down! Thus, if you have many lilies pulling from the same spot you MUST be able to place enough lava to satisfy ALL of them within 45 seconds. Otherwise the first one finishes delivering power, enters cool down, grabs the next block of lava and resets its cool down, and the whole setup screeches to a halt.
So here what i did i put a magic hourglass with 6 minutes cooldown then i ran redstone to the master ritual. Now my ritual shuts off and back after 6 min

Withe the Serenade ritaul they pull the lava for 4 of them almost instantly. I do not notice, visually, the lava being replaced. But thanks to both. I've been doing some experimentation with redstone torches/Automagy crystals underneath the Master Ritual Stone, but I don't seem to have figurerd (yet) how to provide a signal on automatic or even manual. I'm off to my sciencing world, then.

OmniKhaos77

Jul 29, 2019

Yup, it was a breaking change for some of the larger packs (like Infinity) where I would use an Endertank along with a Fountain per 4 Thermalilies to mass produce mana...which sucked because that was my replacement for the Hydroangeas that now decay.

OmniKhaos77

Jul 29, 2019
My best build for this used red aura and tnt. If you can generate a lot of TNT (one every few seconds or more) then you can power a synthesizer at full speed. If you don't mind being slow, then as Ashendale mentioned you can use Capacitors and your choice of color (except violet, as it is impossible to gen that much with violet), and it will go up to about 1/4 speed (the capacitors have a cooldown, so it's not as useful as you get closer to full speed).

Do you have any pics for the TNT setup?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, it was a breaking change for some of the larger packs (like Infinity) where I would use an Endertank along with a Fountain per 4 Thermalilies to mass produce mana...which sucked because that was my replacement for the Hydroangeas that now decay.
I agree. Vazkii appears to have made the Thermalily as useless as the Dayblooms, Nightshades, and Hydroangeas, and will probably do the same to any other generating flower that we figure out how to use without a huge, complicated build. He seems......<crack>

(the soapbox collapses under the dragons weight)

I'll crawl back to my cave now.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Arcane Deconstructor: does it accept any foci? I'm trying to put Mana foci into it and it does not accept them...

Edit:
I can't figure how you'd use the hourglass. Once the sand finishes dropping it outputs a fraction of second of redstone signal. I need it to keep outputting and stay like that for 6mins. What am I missing?

Last edited:

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Arcane Deconstructor: does it accept any foci? I'm trying to put Mana foci into it and it does not accept them...

Edit:

I can't figure how you'd use the hourglass. Once the sand finishes dropping it outputs a fraction of second of redstone signal. I need it to keep outputting and stay like that for 6mins. What am I missing?
Use a redstone torch to invert the signal so that you have a high signal going where you need it while the sand is falling from the hourglass. Use redstone repeaters to stretch the pulse width as needed so that your device runs while the repeaters keep the signal low, and then shuts off for the rest of the 6 minutes.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
So, i tried out the "alternate Terrain Generation". Pretty neat, i have to say.

2016-02-21_15.57.48.png

The seed is -803306112487510784, if anyone is interested. Just don't expect any deserts nearby...

As for my normal world, i'm trying to feed my blood altar, and was curious how you guys prefer to do it.

OmniKhaos77

Jul 29, 2019
I was disappointed that the diamond dolly from JABBA had been disabled...it's a great way of grabbing mob spawners...

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I was disappointed that the diamond dolly from JABBA had been disabled...it's a great way of grabbing mob spawners...
There are other ways. The 2 major ones that come to mind are one of the thaumcraft foci (I cannot remember the name of the specific one) and the blood magic teleposer.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019

Because it is incredibly cheaty. One time craft, unlimited uses? Might aswell go creative!

There are other ways. The 2 major ones that come to mind are one of the thaumcraft foci (I cannot remember the name of the specific one) and the blood magic teleposer.

Both the "Dislocation Focus" from thaumic tinkerer, and the blood magic teleposer are incredibly powerful, but both are atleast behind some progression into thaumathurgy / blood magic.

Oh, btw. The Dislocation Focus needs some viteum vis. Other then that, it is medium difficulty.

EDIT: TIP: If any of you want to get viteum vis asap, just throw cobble into an crucible until you have some flux goo, then kill the slimes that spawn for that.

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you very much. I was stubbornly attempting this with the Botania hourglass and was not having any success. It just outputs a short signal when the time is up, rather than the continuous signal.

I even wen't looking for guides to get that sort of redstone response, but found none that could be adapted to the hourglass option.

Again, thanks. This helps me get one step closer to ruling the world.

Reactions: MachineHead
M

MachineHead

I need some help with blaze farm. I tried with 2 flowers from Botania and the Well of suffering but the blazes don't drop they rods i'm think maybe do with Golems or Ars Magica but i don't know if they don't drop too

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help with blaze farm. I tried with 2 flowers from Botania and the Well of suffering but the blazes don't drop they rods i'm think maybe do with Golems or Ars Magica but i don't know if they don't drop too

Why not make an classical Vanilla Style mob farm?