[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Tarma Root spawns may not be ok. I got fed up of wandering around getting hunted in caves, so I turned creative flying on and popped a night vision potion.

I flew a good 500 blocks underground in cave systems, ravines, you name it.

0 Tarma Roots. I know we have the AM2 Plant fix, but does that also block the growth spell?

Edit: nevermind. I just realized the Plant Fix actually allows me to use bonemeal... /facepalm

Edit 2: trying to use bonemeal on stone on a cave with no light. Can't use it. The bonemeal is not consumed.

Edit 3: has to be on grass. Dirt or other blocks do not allow for this.

Is my Neutral Etherium suppose to disappear from my obelisk or calefactor or mana batery?

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Tarma Root spawns may not be ok. I got fed up of wandering around getting hunted in caves, so I turned creative flying on and popped a night vision potion.

I flew a good 500 blocks underground in cave systems, ravines, you name it.

0 Tarma Roots. I know we have the AM2 Plant fix, but does that also block the growth spell?

Edit: nevermind. I just realized the Plant Fix actually allows me to use bonemeal... /facepalm

Edit 2: trying to use bonemeal on stone on a cave with no light. Can't use it. The bonemeal is not consumed.

Edit 3: has to be on grass. Dirt or other blocks do not allow for this.

Is my Neutral Etherium suppose to disappear from my obelisk or calefactor or mana batery?

You got it - one grass block surrounded by stone in the dark and bonemeal that grass.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
You got it - one grass block surrounded by stone in the dark and bonemeal that grass.
About my Neutral Etherium going "poof", I read somewhere that I need to keep the obelisk, mana battery and devices chunk loaded. Can anyone confirm?

Is my mana battery able to connect to only block at a time? I have a Calefactor and an Essence Refiner near the obelisk and I have to switch the pairing, as needed, manually. Is there a way for them to draw from the battery as needed?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
About my Neutral Etherium going "poof", I read somewhere that I need to keep the obelisk, mana battery and devices chunk loaded. Can anyone confirm?

Is my mana battery able to connect to only block at a time? I have a Calefactor and an Essence Refiner near the obelisk and I have to switch the pairing, as needed, manually. Is there a way for them to draw from the battery as needed?

I could power several devices from same battery. But it indeed tend to disconnetc after a while, probably because uneven chunk loading.

I remember (long time ago, on as server far far away) making my base a one-chunk tower exactly because of issues like this. And because sky-high tower looks cool

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I could power several devices from same battery. But it indeed tend to disconnetc after a while, probably because uneven chunk loading.

I remember (long time ago, on as server far far away) making my base a one-chunk tower exactly because of issues like this. And because sky-high tower looks cool

But it can stay connected to more than one devices, right? It won't undo the previous connection(s)?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
But it can stay connected to more than one devices, right? It won't undo the previous connection(s)?
Yep, I powered all from same set of batteries (lightm neutralm dark) and altar, three calefactors, reconstructor and breeding focus worked fine.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I powered all from same set of batteries (lightm neutralm dark) and altar, three calefactors, reconstructor and breeding focus worked fine.

Same; the only issue I have with disconnections right now is with the essence refiner, as I had mentioned earlier. It seems to break connections whenever you change anything inside it (adding new pieces to be refined, or moving them around). Not sure if that's intended or a bug but either way, I guess we won't be seeing an update about it.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I have something to add on those "bonemeal grass sourrounded by stone in the dark" tarma roots: They need to be underground. I tried on elevation level 74 ( I live partly in an mountain) but even after 30+ bonemeal, nothing happens. I try on elevation level 32, it worked after the second bonemeal.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I have something to add on those "bonemeal grass sourrounded by stone in the dark" tarma roots: They need to be underground. I tried on elevation level 74 ( I live partly in an mountain) but even after 30+ bonemeal, nothing happens. I try on elevation level 32, it worked after the second bonemeal.

Curiosity: when trying at 74, was the area covered by a roof or something? I have by base/hobbit hole on a mountain summit, above 100 and, indoors, it worked for me.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Curiosity: when trying at 74, was the area covered by a roof or something? I have by base/hobbit hole on a mountain summit, above 100 and, indoors, it worked for me.

The layout is the same: Grassblock with stone ALL around (above and below).

Though i wonder just how much darkness is neccesary... in the test below i simply closed the only entrance, which meant total darkness. In the test above, a torch was far away, but it did shine a small glimpse of light nearby.

Unless it is simply extremely random, with like 5% per bonemeal or so.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
The layout is the same: Grassblock with stone ALL around (above and below).

Though i wonder just how much darkness is neccesary... in the test below i simply closed the only entrance, which meant total darkness. In the test above, a torch was far away, but it did shine a small glimpse of light nearby.

Unless it is simply extremely random, with like 5% per bonemeal or so.

I checked the configs. It's 15%. And i did it in complete darkness. Closed all accesses and had no light. I popped a torch every now and then to see if any grew.

a490920

Jul 29, 2019
do anyone having trouble creating otherwhere chalk??i throw in nether wart,tear of goddess,ender pearl and last the ritual chalk,the color of the water did change,but nothing happens after that.

a490920

Jul 29, 2019
Check you altar power, maybe that is the problem

(sry if my englis is bad)
i don't know how much altar power creating a otherwhere chalk needs.google it everywhere,they didn't even mention that it need altar power.my original altar is 3 blocks away from my cauldron,and it hold 1626 power but still nothing happen.so i cheat another alther right beside my cauldron and put expensive stuff on it,it hold 3000 power,but still nothing happen.this mod pack has really bad guiding.

Pokoretsu

Jul 29, 2019
check the brew book, each ingredient has is power cost... I had to put a skull in the altar to make the chalks