[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
what mod are you using to change the durability of the tools/armor?
Mod tweaker and minetweaker. If you wish to change the scripts or remove them you may access the script files in the scripts folder which is in the same place as your mods and configs folder.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

D

Danyl

Mod tweaker and minetweaker. If you wish to change the scripts or remove them you may access the script files in the scripts folder which is in the same place as your mods and configs folder.

Could I, say just disable those 2 mods? Would it affect much of any thing else?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Could I, say just disable those 2 mods? Would it affect much of any thing else?
It will break a few quests as some of them provide lists of items you may craft. Removing them will cause the quests to demand 4 of one item you probably don't want.

It is easier to simply edit the scripts you wish to change

D

Danyl

okay i don't know if you would have any idea, but I'm on a mac and i don't know how to get to the place to edit it. any ideas?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
okay i don't know if you would have any idea, but I'm on a mac and i don't know how to get to the place to edit it. any ideas?
If you are using the FTB launcher you can go to the directory in which the files reside by hitting add mods on the pack and then going to the folder. Once there you can go up in the directory and find the scripts folder.

D

Danyl

i poked around in the ftb/simplymagic/minecraft/configs and could not find any file or any thing named minetweaker or modtweaker, even though i can find the mod in the mods folder.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
In the minecraft folder there will be a scripts folder that contains a few .zs files

D

Danyl

and what do i need to do to change it back to default? sorry for asking so much.. i hope its not too much of an issue.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I forget the exact name of it, it should be the only file that is not named after a mod. Deleting it will restore the armor and tool values, or you can open up the script and adjust the values as you want.

D

Danyl

Awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to help my tedious silly agenda!

D

Danyl

Also my brothers Say thank you too! we are playing a local server together and are having tons of fun with the mod pack!

Reactions: Arbitrary

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I know in 1.6 or 1.7 minecraft that they changed the way nether portals worked and if it would put you into the bottom of lava or over nothing that it would spawn on the nearest place it could.

So there is no way to force the portal I created to be synced with the one in the Nether?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so, good news. The Y direction is not taken into account which means, when I get home, I should be able to correct the Nether portal, rather than the Overworld portal. Will edit post later provided that the outcome is positive.

Edit: I moved the Nether portal in the Nether and it linked to the original Overworld portal. Not sure why the correct portal was not made at first since all I had to do was move about 20 blocks...

Last edited:
M

MachineHead

So there is no way to force the portal I created to be synced with the one in the Nether?
I really recommend use the Mystcraft linking book. One book on your base and the other whatever you want in the nether :)

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I really recommend use the Mystcraft linking book. One book on your base and the other whatever you want in the nether :)
Almost forgot there was that. >.<

I think the same situation happened on my Infinity world and I solved it just as you suggested.

This comes to show I'll never really be a savant in this game...

M

meow1994

not finding any silverwood:( after walking 2000 block with atg
at least make a quest reward for silverwood sapling for starting since most of thaumcraft is lock by essentia disttilery which requird silverwood to progress