[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
i don't know how much altar power creating a otherwhere chalk needs.google it everywhere,they didn't even mention that it need altar power.my original altar is 3 blocks away from my cauldron,and it hold 1626 power but still nothing happen.so i cheat another alther right beside my cauldron and put expensive stuff on it,it hold 3000 power,but still nothing happen.this mod pack has really bad guiding.
So I recommend reading up on ritual circles decreasing the cost of chalk. White circles decrease cost a bit and reduce side effects, red circles make the cost go down significantly and up side effects. The circles are different then for circle magic! I also recommend a skeleton skull on it, and a chalice. Plant potatoes, carrots and wheat, about 20 of each around, up or down below your altar. Its got a 14 block reach in any direction except diagonal.

Also, double check your ingredients. There are a few witchery items that look similar, and will toss you for a loop if you're not paying attention.

This is a link to a witchery altar data setup, how much power and how much each item you plant or place around it is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yYsLU-07vTtWRfWT2QAh070MAnJGzfu4oX4shcl74ys/edit?usp=sharing
~Local Hedgewitch

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing some science in my single player creative world, and suddenly my 200+ FPS dropped to bellow 10 because of the the Black Aurem. Anyway to circumvent this? Or what did I do wrong?

Edit: do levers somehow work?

Last edited:
T

theoxzisis

plz help ....when i press the play button (from minecraft launcher) it crashes

[13:41:40] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[13:41:40] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
i don't know how much altar power creating a otherwhere chalk needs.google it everywhere,they didn't even mention that it need altar power.my original altar is 3 blocks away from my cauldron,and it hold 1626 power but still nothing happen.so i cheat another alther right beside my cauldron and put expensive stuff on it,it hold 3000 power,but still nothing happen.this mod pack has really bad guiding.
It makes no sense to blame the modpack because you can't figure out some mechanic.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
Tutorail-Themed modpack can address this in HQM, though.
Sure, but you can't expect the guide to play the game for you. HQM is great and I'm thankful when modpack devs take the time to introduce me to things but I think it's silly to say the modpack guide is bad because there are things left to figure out on your own. There's youtube, other people on the forums and google.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a hard time finding a nether fortress to get myself some blazes. Only other option I see is Rogue dungeons. Am I missing anything?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I'm having a hard time finding a nether fortress to get myself some blazes. Only other option I see is Rogue dungeons. Am I missing anything?
Read Minecraft Wiki on subject.

"Nether fortresses tend to cluster together in strips that run north and south. When you're searching for your first nether fortress, traveling east or west will give you the best chances of running into one. If you travel north or south, you could travel a long distance between two strips of fortresses. But if you have already found a fortress, you should travel either north or south to find another, which will likely be within a few hundred blocks. Note that north and south generation is just a tendency and you may not find additional fortresses simply by going north and south from a located fortress in every case. Be flexible in your search and note that additional fortresses may still be east or west from a located fortress."

But yeah, RL dungeons is an option. Also, there is Botania "recipe" for blaze power, but not rods.

Reactions: Ashendale

Vitachan

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this for a few weeks and its pretty fun - is there something I missed and there's no real good way of liquid storage? Ive got a huge pool of etherium nearby my base, and I can't find for the life of me a good way to store it other than leaving it as it is...

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing this for a few weeks and its pretty fun - is there something I missed and there's no real good way of liquid storage? Ive got a huge pool of etherium nearby my base, and I can't find for the life of me a good way to store it other than leaving it as it is...
How about shoving it in buckets and into a JABBA barrel? Golem automation for help, if you can.

OmniKhaos77

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have an Aura Node setup that will power the Cascading Synthesizer? All of the setups that I have seen no longer work...I can get production up to 3800 or so, but never higher.
The super setups using the Violet Aura tend to build until a point, then zer0 out and start again...
Help!

Anyone? I have tried many different setups and I still cannot get the damn thing up to 10k power for the Cascading Synthesizer...

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone? I have tried many different setups and I still cannot get the damn thing up to 10k power for the Cascading Synthesizer...
I'm very new to Aura Cascade (first contact was in this modpack, and I haven't done much; focused on AM2 =P), but have you considered trying to use Capacitors? Since the blocks work on power, I think that has something to do with it...

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any issue using the Serenade of the Nether with Thermalilies? I fired up a test world, set everything up, the lilies eat up the lava. Everything peachy.

Just as I was making adjustments to the setup, I hear a repetetive sound (as if when a game crashes and you here a wubwubwub sound) and noticed red particles coming out of the Master Ritual Stone and no lava appearing. I used the Creative Orb and I double checked with the sigil to see if I had LP in there, and I did.

Anyone have any ideas?

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
Is there supposed to be some type of thing to save your inventory on death? I see guardian chests and openblocks grave=true and yet everytime I die my shit gets thrown all over the place. What gives? In other modpacks I've never had openblocks gravestone fail on me. On the other hand guardian chest has failed me about 90% of the time. Why is neither one of them working?

Steel

Jul 29, 2019

My best build for this used red aura and tnt. If you can generate a lot of TNT (one every few seconds or more) then you can power a synthesizer at full speed. If you don't mind being slow, then as Ashendale mentioned you can use Capacitors and your choice of color (except violet, as it is impossible to gen that much with violet), and it will go up to about 1/4 speed (the capacitors have a cooldown, so it's not as useful as you get closer to full speed).