[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Is the mana regen boost behind some speciffic unlock or can I just not find it?

Eidt: I do not have the talent tab available. How do I get it?

Strange, as I remember is was there initially, 4th tab just before affinity tab.
Maybe you'll need more AM levels.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Strange, as I remember is was there initially, 4th tab just before affinity tab.
Maybe you'll need more AM levels.
Confirmed. It is not available from the start. I thinkin it popped at about level 5 or so. Thanks

Edit: so the only way I can use Projectile Aura Pumps is with regular bows and arrows? Can't use a force spell or something?

Last edited:

darthwesix

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know how to automate tree farming I tried golems but the harvest golem does not chop down trees

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know how to automate tree farming I tried golems but the harvest golem does not chop down trees
You need the Chop core (for cutting the tree; they cut the tree just by hitting the bottom most block), Use core (for planting from a chest) and Gather core (for picking saplings, apples and wood). Now, you might also want a sorting golem to take all the items from the chest, place them on barrels (maybe with a void upgrade) and get the Use golem attached to the barrel with saplings.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea wear the chop core is
It is locked behind the Axe of the Stream (the chop golem works like the axe). Get the research for the axe and the research for the core will be available.

Edit: you will also have to make the axe, as it is part of the infusion to obtain the Chop core.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to Aura Cascade. I also hate it when it comes to squander resources. So, since I'm starting with the mod, I understand that aura is not destroyed when providing power. Which is really neat, since it takes gold to make them crystals.

I also understand that aplying redstone signal to a node makes it take aura from the nearby horizontal nodes and share nothing back. But there is always a bit of leftover on those drained nodes. In case I want to change the location of my setups, change base (let's consider first I'll just stay in the same dimension) or whatever. I can sort of create a breadcrumb system that moves my aura from one place to another.

But how can I just suck aaaaaaaaaaaall that aura and leave no breadcrumbs? Is it possible at all?

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
any easy way of transporting villagers? Besides maybe vanilla minecarts?
Botania also has a means of moving things (mobs and such) around called the "Rod of the Shaded Mesa". It is Elven Knowledge so you have to be a bit deep into Botania, but it is quite handy for rounding up stray cattle, villagers, and such.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have issues with the AM2 Essence Refiner breaking links randomly? I'll link things to it (either from obelisks directly, or a mana battery, or a conduit), it will take power until it finishes the essence, and then break them.

Even if I create the links and then turn my back for something else, they'll be broken: if I start a new refinement, it'll consume any etherium stored in the refiner itself but then not take anymore until I redo the links again.

Staff shows the flow lines (or whatever you call them) even when the infuser is clearly empty and not pulling power from the batteries, unless I re-link them.

Not sure if it's just a quirk of the refiner or a bug in the mod.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On the Occulus there are some modifiers (*cough*prosperity*cough*) that are greyed out. I thought (read somewhere) I needed to be level 22, to unlock the Dig Power modifier and Prosperity would unlock too. didn't happen. How can I unlock those modifiers that are not part of the trees?

Edit: also, Neutral Etherium generation. It says I need to burn Vinteum or liquid Etherium. No passive generation at all?

Last edited:
J

JoshQuest1

On the Occulus there are some modifiers (*cough*prosperity*cough*) that are greyed out. I thought (read somewhere) I needed to be level 22, to unlock the Dig Power modifier and Prosperity would unlock too. didn't happen. How can I unlock those modifiers that are not part of the trees?

Edit: also, Neutral Etherium generation. It says I need to burn Vinteum or liquid Etherium. No passive generation at all?

Those are Silver Skills.
They are unlocked by figuring out spells to put together that make logical sense for the skill you're looking for, and cast it, and you'll unlock the component.
Read up on them in the compendium.

I'll give you a hint though for one,
Prosperity, you might just want to throw everything that is mining related at it.

As for neutral etherium, there is no passive generation for.
You can make the obelisk into a celestial prism which will passively generate light etherium, but not really a way for neutral. (You can set up automation to feed it etherium/vinteium dust though)

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012

If you smelt anything (even cobblestone) in Calefactor, it produces Viteum dust as side effect. More than amount of Viteum that is used to power it. So, Viteum is effectively infinite resource.

Last edited:

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything changed with lapis lazuli spawns? I have dug around forever and not found any yet. I need it to make the calefactor.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Is there anything changed with lapis lazuli spawns? I have dug around forever and not found any yet. I need it to make the calefactor.
They don't seem to appear less than usual. Just look for them at right altitude. And caves can be faster way to look for ores than just tunnelling. And RL Dungeons can be faster ways to find underground caves.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
If you smelt anything (even cobblestone) in Calefactor, it produces Viteum dust as side effect. More than amount of Viteum that is used to power it. So, Viteum is effectively infinite resource.
And I wasted my time figuring the most effective/cheap way to get the Aura Cascade Processor up and running, when I could've just gone with that...

Well, the purpose of learning magic with this pack is being quite well fulfilled. Love it

Edit: vanilla Fortune can go up to 3. Should/can I make a spell with more than 3 Prosperity?

Last edited:
Reactions: TDarkShadow

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you can, each modifier is limited to 3 max per spell (even if you have multiple components/shapes that can each take the same modifier).

I don't have Prosperity myself yet to be sure.

Reactions: Ashendale