[Listed] 1.7.10 - Simply Magic [HQM][Magic][Light][Tutorial-Themed]

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I get that there are some ore systems that can multiply outputs, but I find no recipe for any multiplication of Vinteum. Just shove it into a regular furnace?

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
I get that there are some ore systems that can multiply outputs, but I find no recipe for any multiplication of Vinteum. Just shove it into a regular furnace?

Edit: grammar
Multiplying vinteum is extremely unnecessary once you get a calefactor up and running as it produces about double the vinteum that you use in an obelisk to power it. That is also not including any of the foci to upgrade the calefactor, but it is including the chalk and pillars for the obelisk.

Reactions: Ashendale

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.1.4 (Available in the nearish future)
  • Updated: AOBD, AppleCore, Morpheus, Open Blocks/Lib
  • Added Storage Drawers, Thaumic Exploration
  • Fixed a few potion ID conflicts
  • Lowered Morpheus Requirement
  • Golemancers Spawn Bell has been changed! This may break servers, who knows!
  • (QUEST) Golems now properly detect, and you can craft any golem instead of a straw one!

Reactions: RealKC

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Yay, storage drawers. Edit: Might be useful to add storagedrawers-misc so we can use witchery and thaumcraft woods in them. (AFAIK, it has handling to use anything registered to plankWood but just spits out oak drawers by default.)

When updating, is there a way for the launcher to maintain any "extra" mods I've personally added to the pack? Previously this included the thaum node tracker and scan-from-inventory mod, but currently is only a simple autorun mod (it doesn't even really work, it's a bit iffy whether pressing the key will actually keep you walking forward) and optifine (I find it helps with chunk loading moreso than FPS, especially noticable when running at a good clip on a horse or with planestrider sash).

Last edited:

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
1. What mid/end game Thaumcraft wand do you use? I have used livingwood manasteel wand for a long time, and it's quite handy, but I probably need an upgrade
2. Is there a guide about how exactly Ars Magica spell components of multi-shape and multi-effect spell resolve? And is there a difference between putting shapes in single or different squares?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
1. What mid/end game Thaumcraft wand do you use? I have used livingwood manasteel wand for a long time, and it's quite handy, but I probably need an upgrade
2. Is there a guide about how exactly Ars Magica spell components of multi-shape and multi-effect spell resolve? And is there a difference between putting shapes in single or different squares?
We have Thaumic Tinkerer: Ichorium Capped Ichorcloth Strapped Silverwood Wand Core - GO BIG, OR GO HOME!

Question: where do I see/pick my AM2 talents?

Reactions: Tylor

pfont

Jul 29, 2019
So I got blood magic teleposers and thaumcraft imprisonment focus on my list to try

What for? I mean, if it's to line them up for sacrificing, maybe water like a vanilla mob farm?

It's more for their trade options really, kinda want to make stalls for the good trades... then maybe sacrifice the bad ones.

also contained breeding, let's not forget the contained breeding

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashendale

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to use the Ritual of Corruption (Monster Spawner) to pick up a spawner and move it to my black aurem room. However, I can't seem to get the ritual to work. Can't find anything online about it; searches only turn up moving spawners using other mods, or the obelisk ritual of corruption.

I've checked the layout multiple times, that seems to be in order.
Toss monster focus, ender essence on the ground within chalk
Cast projectile-rift at the spawner.

A rift opens but nothing changes, candles/chalk still there. Compendium says that the spell needs to be targeted at the center point on the same y-level as the candles, but obviously opens up on an adjacent block because, you know, there's a spawner there. Do I need to use touch-rift maybe?

I also thought maybe the spawners for "armored" mobs in the roguelike dungeons aren't quite vanilla and so don't count, but I've tried it with a spider spawner found elsewhere in the dungeon, as well as an unequipped-zombie spawner found in a vanilla "dungeon" (one of those 7x7 rooms of mossy/cobblestone with some chests), no luck there either.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
So I got blood magic teleposers and thaumcraft imprisonment focus on my list to try

It's more for their trade options really, kinda want to make stalls for the good trades... then maybe sacrifice the bad ones.

also contained breeding, let's not forget the contained breeding
Well, for stalls, the Teleposers will work good, imo. And it's not a bad idea for savrificing. I mean "whoops, your wares are worthless; off with your head". Or, keep an altar below the trading stalls/breeding grounds and get some trapdoors (can they work with levers?) beneath the stalls/breeding grounds and funel them down to the slaughterhouse.

Edit: also, I apparently triggered some Creepr that started drawing me in and crashed the game. I think the crash was caused by some sort of massive explosion, but luckily the crash prevented it from saving. What was that?

Last edited:

Rheajr86

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having the quest book crash the client when you try to open it. Our whole server can't access our quest book.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having the quest book crash the client when you try to open it. Our whole server can't access our quest book.
There is a known bug with HQM on servers where the HQM data becomes too large and can no longer function without being deleted.

Make sure that everyone is on the same version and that none of the HQM configs were changed.