Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBojangles

the host i'm using has 2 versions available to install, 1.5.6 being the most recent. this occurs on both versions however, i've tried deleting the world folder to see if it generates after a restart but it always results in this. is there any config setting that might be causing this to happen?

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
the host i'm using has 2 versions available to install, 1.5.6 being the most recent. this occurs on both versions however, i've tried deleting the world folder to see if it generates after a restart but it always results in this. is there any config setting that might be causing this to happen?
Works fine for me on a local server. Does your server have the world folder with all files and are you spawned in the overworld if yes try to run /cofh tpx -28

M

MrBojangles

no it's spawning me in dim-28 (sort of), the earth is visible in the sky, it's just that no land spawns, i don't fall into a void or anything, just sort of stuck there. I even tried copying the region files from my singleplayer world onto the server but the same problem persists. also tried the tpx command already and although it said it was successful i didn't actually move and the view was unchanged.

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
no it's spawning me in dim-28 (sort of), the earth is visible in the sky, it's just that no land spawns, i don't fall into a void or anything, just sort of stuck there. I even tried copying the region files from my singleplayer world onto the server but the same problem persists. also tried the tpx command already and although it said it was successful i didn't actually move and the view was unchanged.
No clue then. On the screenshot it looks like it doesn't load the world correctly.

M

MrBojangles

is there a way to select the map the server loads, as there are 2 in singleplayer it would make sense that you could select the observatory, is there anyway of doing that?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I have two issues.

1. Every world reload I have to break/replace the oxygen bubble distributors or the bubble doesn't provide oxygen.

2. I configured a chest connected to some barrels (all sorting) with sorting connectors and it worked fine. Started world today and it doesn't work. Any idea if there is log I can look at for it?
Edit- I broke one of the sorting connectors, reloaded the world, replaced the connector and it works again. Weird, but at least it's a workaround.

Last edited:

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Any decent way to get silicon (or mostly just the silicon part) dioxide when you haven't left the moon yet? I've been sifting for flint, I need a decent supply of gravel for gold. I'm really hurting for gold and sand.

Also it turns out string is freaking wonderful for nitrogen.

EDIT: WHY IS THERE CHEESE IN THE MOON

Last edited:

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!

I just finished Galactic Science, and I have to say I loved it! Definitely my most favorite HQM map to date. In fact I liked it so much that I decided to come by and leave my thanks and some feedback!

- Love the overall theme. Something new that isn't "skyblock" or "basically vanilla just no ores". Exploring the solar system is fun!
- I really like how the quests don't hold my hand at every step. Most HQM packs give you 150 quests asking you to do every single tiny thing step by step, you tell me "build a stargate, figure out how". Definitely love the freedom to get the quests done in my own way. It let me discover many new ways to do things and workarounds.
- Progression is really nice and well balanced. I went from stirling generators to GC coal generators to a fuel turbine to a fusion reactor. Every "tier" has its own power and infrastructure requirements, I really felt like I was constantly upgrading my base, and not just building separate areas that would get forgotten as soon as I was done with them.
- I like the selection of mods, especially how you decided not to have the same exact mods as every other pack has. Thanks for introducing me to Galacticraft and Nuclearcraft, which are now some of my favorite mods.
- Speaking of mods, I suggest adding some automatic backup mod. My world got corrupted at one point and I was only able to recover it because I had manually added AromaBackup.
- Maybe the only thing I didn't really like is the final quest. I was quite confused about how I was supposed to get the key. I thought there was something hidden in the stargate dimension, and I pretty much turned the whole place upside down looking for anything. I thought I was supposed to find the dalek things to progress in Blood Magic to the point where I can get 100k LP easily. After a few hours of frustration I looked up what I was supposed to do (not gonna spoil it for others, look back in this thread if you want the answer). But every other quest in the pack felt like "upgrade your infrastructure so you can produce more of X". This one was just a boring grind. I see that parts of some mods have been completely turned off, but since the entirety of BM is in, I thought I was supposed to get it at some point, which only added to my confusion.

Here's an aerial view of my finished moon base for anyone who's interested: http://i.imgur.com/tSMbpWy.png

Thanks again for putting the pack together, I'm getting Hypovolemia right now and I hope it's at least this good!

Last edited:
Reactions: SirWill

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Any decent way to get silicon (or mostly just the silicon part) dioxide when you haven't left the moon yet? I've been sifting for flint, I need a decent supply of gravel for gold. I'm really hurting for gold and sand.

Try watching this...

B

BradMunkey

Was very excited to give this a go. Played for maybe an hour and a half before I had to give up. I sifted through almost 10 stacks of moon dirt for that final piece of the early quest, I needed an Acorn. Never got it, got every thing else at least 10 times, but not 1 acorn. And then finally night time hit. So I'm just chillin, figured I'd go down to the Oxygen tank deal and fill them up, only to have a fine Evolved Creeper spawn right next to me. Needless to say, it just feels off. I'm sure it's fantastic, but the RNG (or 2% drop as the tip says) was very frustrating and if I cant progress passed the most basic things within the first 2 hours, I cant see why i'd start all of that all over again.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
G
Was very excited to give this a go. Played for maybe an hour and a half before I had to give up. I sifted through almost 10 stacks of moon dirt for that final piece of the early quest, I needed an Acorn. Never got it, got every thing else at least 10 times, but not 1 acorn. And then finally night time hit. So I'm just chillin, figured I'd go down to the Oxygen tank deal and fill them up, only to have a fine Evolved Creeper spawn right next to me. Needless to say, it just feels off. I'm sure it's fantastic, but the RNG (or 2% drop as the tip says) was very frustrating and if I cant progress passed the most basic things within the first 2 hours, I cant see why i'd start all of that all over again.

It is a lot of fun. Give it another try, normally it only takes 2 or 3 stacks of the dirt, rock and turf to get everthing you need to finish those quests. If you do the quests in the right order and use your resources correctly the manual sieving is not too bad. Trick is to get a way to produce gravel to sieve as early as possible. Also, early game you need a lot of iron and moon rock is better for iron early game. The meteors you find in the moon rock can be turned into broken iron by putting it in your crafting grid.

Oh, ya, light up everything and build a wall :)

A

AlexanderDario

Everything great is hard at the start... Give it another try and if you go further you'll play a great adventure!

A

AlexanderDario

You can build an obsidian generator and decompose it on Minechem Decomposer...

B

BadBossy

Hey, i hosted a server of this modpack and in the hqm config is "multireward=false" but everyone is still able to claim the reward for a quest. so everyone can claim the reward, that's not what i want. how to disable that just one can claim the reward. btw we are in one race.

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
My offer still stands, if you need a fluent english speaking writer to help with the quest descriptions and plotline. I enjoy this modpack a lot, and would love to see the text corrected from its current state.

xIRainbowDashIx

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know why but the modpack suddenly stopped working for me today.
I took a break a few hours ago to play some other games and when I (just a few mins ago) wanted to continue
it didnt start.
It keeps crashing when loading at the same point. (the loadingscreen stops at "Loading Modular Systems" or something like that before crashing)
As an error it tells me that (For whatever reason):
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:
* An unsupportted old RF API is installed (1.7.10R1.0.0 from Minechem-1.7.10-5.0.5.406.jar).
Ender IO needs at least 1.7.10R1.0.2 and will NOT work with older versions.

||IGNORE FROM HERE||

Problem is: I didnt change anything at all and started playing at version 1.5.7 aka recommended...
Also: There is a typo in "unsupportted" in the console <,<
2 Solutions i guess:
1- (Reinstalling didnt work at all, not even downgrading to 1.5.6... wat?
2- Maybe someone here actually knows the problem :p

|||Reinstalling the entire FTB-Folder right now|||

||DONT IGNORE FROM HERE||

It seems reinstalling the ENTIRE FTB-Folder, aka deleting everything etc, fixed it.
I dont know what broke and how but I managed to keep my world/saves/settings :/

Last edited:
S

Shard_Hunter

I dont know why but the modpack suddenly stopped working for me today.
I took a break a few hours ago to play some other games and when I (just a few mins ago) wanted to continue
it didnt start.
It keeps crashing when loading at the same point. (the loadingscreen stops at "Loading Modular Systems" or something like that before crashing)
As an error it tells me that (For whatever reason):
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:
* An unsupportted old RF API is installed (1.7.10R1.0.0 from Minechem-1.7.10-5.0.5.406.jar).
Ender IO needs at least 1.7.10R1.0.2 and will NOT work with older versions.

||IGNORE FROM HERE||

Problem is: I didnt change anything at all and started playing at version 1.5.7 aka recommended...
Also: There is a typo in "unsupportted" in the console <,<
2 Solutions i guess:
1- (Reinstalling didnt work at all, not even downgrading to 1.5.6... wat?
2- Maybe someone here actually knows the problem :p

|||Reinstalling the entire FTB-Folder right now|||

||DONT IGNORE FROM HERE||

It seems reinstalling the ENTIRE FTB-Folder, aka deleting everything etc, fixed it.
I dont know what broke and how but I managed to keep my world/saves/settings :/

same problem here, was playing the modpack just fine and left for a couple hours, came back about 20 minutes ago and it crashes at the exact same spot for me

Status
Not open for further replies.