Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

xIRainbowDashIx

Jul 29, 2019
A few small questions...
1. How do I get a lot of Alu and Copper? The "first" Rocket is T2, and it needs tons of Alu and Copper, but the only way to get a lot of that is with sieving, WAY, TO, MUCH sieving,
by that i mean I need to sieve tons of stuff just to decompose the Redstone and Clay I get for Copper and Alu.
Things like Iron and Steel are not realy a problem (got way to much Fe and Carbon).
2. Netherportals dont work, so farming there for materials to decompose isnt a way to cheese it, thats good, but that also narrows the ways to get said materials.
3. Is it possible to go to earth with a T1 Rocket? The story tells me its "destroyed", but the earth I can see in the sky is kinda destroying that immersion of that said story...
3.1 Because if its possible to just fly to the earth with T1-Rockets then why do you want us to skip a Tier and get a T2-Rocket that takes hours of grinding.

Conclusion, am I missing a way to get Copper/Alu besides Sieving (I did nearly all quests that dont need even MORE grinding of sieves)?

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
A few small questions...
1. How do I get a lot of Alu and Copper? The "first" Rocket is T2, and it needs tons of Alu and Copper, but the only way to get a lot of that is with sieving, WAY, TO, MUCH sieving,
by that i mean I need to sieve tons of stuff just to decompose the Redstone and Clay I get for Copper and Alu.
Things like Iron and Steel are not realy a problem (got way to much Fe and Carbon).
2. Netherportals dont work, so farming there for materials to decompose isnt a way to cheese it, thats good, but that also narrows the ways to get said materials.
3. Is it possible to go to earth with a T1 Rocket? The story tells me its "destroyed", but the earth I can see in the sky is kinda destroying that immersion of that said story...
3.1 Because if its possible to just fly to the earth with T1-Rockets then why do you want us to skip a Tier and get a T2-Rocket that takes hours of grinding.

Conclusion, am I missing a way to get Copper/Alu besides Sieving (I did nearly all quests that dont need even MORE grinding of sieves)?

1) Nope, you're not missing anything. You need to automate it so you don't go crazy, this looks complicated but that's because I'm a moron that doesn't make room and just tries to fit everything in one place. http://i.imgur.com/mLyV0Ef.png

I put a JABBA barrel with a hopper upgrade on the bottom face above an auto-sieve, who's exported from via the item transfer node below that chest into the iron chest. Then, the iron and copper is transfered into the rftools crafter and then into the auto hammer, which then puts it back into the iron chest to be further refined. Rear view: http://i.imgur.com/WtCxy88.png

I just grab the crafted dusts from the chest when I want to smelt something. I usually put around 30-40 stacks of stone into it if I'm sieving moon rock, but I've started turning obsidian into gravel and sieving that for gold and tin(usually about 12 stacks per session. God I need more tin. Also, carrots are great for making propane imo. Remember to make speed upgrades and eventually fortune upgrades to increase yield, I've got 5mil RF storage atm and I can reasonably run a 100 rf/t sieve and 50 rf/t hammer without worry just from 4 stirlings running propane. all I have to do is make the thrusters and I can go to mars and get some freaking Desh finally.

Before I had a decent supply of ores and automation, this was my basic minimal setup: http://i.imgur.com/H5DMf1G.png

EDIT: Make an RR Pickaxe. Don't question it. Just do it. 5x5/3x3/1x1 zone of destruction no regrets.

EDIT: You may be able to make an ender portal inside a pressurized room. Make some oxygen sealers and get an airlock going to try it.

Last edited:

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Make an RR Pickaxe. Don't question it. Just do it. 5x5/3x3/1x1 zone of destruction no regrets.

EDIT: You may be able to make an ender portal inside a pressurized room. Make some oxygen sealers and get an airlock going to try it.

Edit 1, absolutely, you are correct. Edit 2, End Portal or Nether Portal? The Nether is completely disabled. I think the recipe for the End Portal cakes are disabled, so effectively the End is disabled too.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
A few small questions...
I think you might not be using obsidian for your raw material. Make obsidian in ex nihilo stone barrels, decompose it into silicon dioxide. Obsidian decomposes into a huge amount of silicon dioxide, so even if you only have one crucible making lava to start with it'll be enough for your initial 2-4 autosieves. Early on I take gold as a quest reward just about every time simply to get more blocks of awesomium which means more crucibles which means more lava which means more obsidian which means more of almost everything else.

Use that silicon dioxide to make moon stone, moon turf, and gravel. Then setup your sieve automation so that you can switch to whichever material provides your most needed element. At first moon stone is important for that starting iron---don't overlook the ability to put a meteorite into a crafting grid for iron, makes moon stone the best for iron. Turf for redstone/glowstone. Gravel for the other metals. Once you're sifting gravel you will never ever be short of either copper or aluminum. :) You will be short of iron initially, short of gold forever, and short of ender pearls until you get a spawner and a looting sword.

No reason to sift by hand after you do the first few stacks for your starting iron/redstone/glowstone/ice. After that make automatic sieves and as many stirlings as you need to power them, fueling the stirlings themselves by decomposing water for hydrogen.
No it isn't.

Oh, and lastly, there is no such thing as "too much carbon". Carbon can be turned into power or diamonds(carbon nanotubes), both of which you'll need a lot of.

You can finish this pack in ~60 hours of play once you know how things work so there isn't that much grind.

Last edited:
S

SBlack08

Hello,
I would like to know how you have the set with the plugin "islands".
-planned is a spawn-building from which you will then be teleported to the moon on the command "/is create" and gets created a base. a schematic I have already made.

so far I have done the following:

my spawn I've created using Multiverse in the DIM 69 and taken over "/is create" world. Unfortunately it does not work, either purely crash the server or if he does not create base. If I want to delete my "island", he tells me that it is not possible in this world.

My config file:
Code:
# Visit Bukkit Page (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/islandworld/) for more informations about all config options
#
# Print debug messages?
debug: false
island-debug: false
version-check: false
language: def
world-isle: world
world-spawn: DIM-69
world-block-id: 0
layer-delete-delay: 5
island-height: 80
island-size: 500
region-spacing: 100
region-step: 0
max-count: 100
track-uuid: true
snail-mode: false
use-world-edit: true
schematics:
- normal
teleport-delay: 1
movement-break-tp: false
time-limit: 1
calc-limit: 10
create-limit: 1
auto-save: 30
backup-on-start: true
backup-max-days: 2
set-home: true
clean-inventory: true
clean-inventory-leave: true
clean-ender-chest: true
clean-inventory-exit: true
delete-challenges: true
allow-visit: true
strict-party: true
helper-allowed:
- home
party-limit: 4
party-limit-vip: 6
home-limit: 1
home-limit-vip: 2
skip-completed: false
challenges-order: false
use-signs: true
obsidian-break: false
obsidian-limit: true
request-time: 10
reload-time: 30
auto-purge: 60
purge-check-members: true
purge-delay: 5
falling-block-tp: true
remove-mob-on-tp: true
respawn-on-island: 'true'
spawn-on-quit: false
holo-spawns:
  enabled: false
  text: Spawn here!
  item: NETHER_STAR
chat-prefix: none
item-protection: false
island-lock: true
island-flying: false
liquid-listeners: false
negative-build: true
default-biome: forest
per-biome-perms: false
per-biome-cost: false
calc-on-enter: false
flags:
  move-info: true
  pvp: false
  chest-acces: false
  use-egg: false
  use-vehicle: false
  item-pickup: false
  item-drop: true
  death-item-drop: true
  use-portal: false
  kill-animals: false
  kill-monster: false
  kill-golems: false
  potion-throw: false
  egg-throw: false
allowed-list:
- '26'
blocked-list:
- '383:56'
ignored-list:
- '7'
material-points:
  '4': 2
database:
  host: localhost
  port: 3306
  user: islandworld
  pass: password
  base: islandworld
  table: island_stats
pathway:
  width: 0
  height: 150
  block: '44:2'
economy-enabled: false
command-cost:
  commandname: 200
dynmap:
  enabled: false
  debug: false
  ispertick: 50
  timetick: 1
  updatetime: 3600
  regionstyle:
    strokeColor: '#00FF00'
    strokeOpacity: 0.7
    strokeWeight: 3
    fillColor: '#00FF00'
    fillOpacity: 0.3
use-config-items: true
normal-items:
- APPLE 10
special-items:
- LAVA_BUCKET 1

I hope you can help me further since.
PS I'm sorry for my bad english.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I've noticed running this pack on a server is that the server is always spamming "is the server overloaded?" when nobody is actually on. Soon as somebody logs on that stops and performance from the client standpoint appears to be fine. Haven't noticed that before with any other modpack. Using stuff like top to look at the server process it doesn't appear to be doing any heavy lifting.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to speed up crop growth without desh? What about with? I'm literally 2 boosters away from having a tier 2 rocket so I'm not really locked out anymore, but I'm relying heavily on bonemeal to get enough crops to create propane. I've now got 21 stacks of propane, so I'm set for a few RL hours whenever I get time to play again, but as yet I haven't been able to reliably grow crops on their own.

http://i.imgur.com/8hct6zk.png I still have significant downtime where I need more bonemeal because of this. Is the answer to simply make more farms?

EDIT: Rocket GET!

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Hydrogen too boring for you? I start out with one decomposer, one fluid transfer node and 4 Stirlings. Then I upgrade to 2 decomposers, 32 stirlings and a few more world interaction upgrades. Then I replicate that build 3 more times for 128 Stirlings. By that point I'm on my way to mars for desh, come back and throw t2 capacitors in all of the stirlings to double the output. After that as gold/ender pearls allow I upgrade them with t3 capacitors. By then I have enough iron and ongoing autosieve output to build max-size iron turbine advanced generators as fast as I can craft them. Tree farm, max heat exchanger, max syngas producer, can probably run ~10 or more max-size iron turbine adv gen off of that for ~50,000 RF/t to supplement what your stirlings have been producing. That is plenty of power to speed up the venus naquadah mining which is the last timesink in the pack. Thinking about it, with steel being trivial to produce thanks to minechem it probably makes a lot of sense to go with steel turbines from the start.

As far as speeding crop growth up the reinforced watering can is in the pack but I'm unaware of anything to automate it with. You can get the soul fragment as a quest reward.

10,240RF/t from stirlings burning hydrogen, fully automated, zero maintenance:
Mse6gsy.jpg

b5MJ6cO.jpg

20,000RF/t from Adv Gen(iron) burning syngas, fully automated, zero maintenance:
72VTzd9.jpg

Both very simple builds requiring zero finesse that can be expanded to brute force as much RF/t as you'd like. The Advanced Generators in particular are trivial to replicate. Only "expensive" bit is 16 vibrant alloy per generator multiblock for the efficiency upgrades. And that is trivial compared to what it takes to put tier 3 capacitors into a large stirling farm.

Last edited:

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to speed up crop growth without desh? What about with? I'm literally 2 boosters away from having a tier 2 rocket so I'm not really locked out anymore, but I'm relying heavily on bonemeal to get enough crops to create propane. I've now got 21 stacks of propane, so I'm set for a few RL hours whenever I get time to play again, but as yet I haven't been able to reliably grow crops on their own.

http://i.imgur.com/8hct6zk.png I still have significant downtime where I need more bonemeal because of this. Is the answer to simply make more farms?

EDIT: Rocket GET!

Fertilized dirt (4 bonemeal, 4 rotten flesh, 1 dirt = 1 fertilized dirt) and a sprinkler with bonemeal = fast growth for me.

Reactions: prendolin

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
So, I built a spawning room and moved a zombie spawner from the moon dungeon to it but the spawner just sits there flaming but not spawning. I put cursed earth under it and still nothing. Got a 4 block radius and 3 up and down around the spawner. Am I missing something?

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
What's the secret to end stone? I just got 10 from finally making and sieving soul sand, but I don't see any renewable or non endstone related way to get lithium which is the only new ingredient in the endstone recipe.

EDIT: Barrels of course! Forgot to check ex nihilo wiki. Glowstone + lava.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
So, I built a spawning room and moved a zombie spawner from the moon dungeon to it but the spawner just sits there flaming but not spawning. I put cursed earth under it and still nothing. Got a 4 block radius and 3 up and down around the spawner. Am I missing something?

I noticed when I put the pack on our server that the dungeon spawners seem to not work at all. Makes for quick dungeon runs.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
I thought solar panels were nerfed completely so I never tried making any, but lo and behold Galacticraft and Electrical age solar panels are completely useable. WTF.

Why am I making a big-ass carrot farm?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I thought solar panels were nerfed completely so I never tried making any, but lo and behold Galacticraft and Electrical age solar panels are completely useable. WTF.

Why am I making a big-ass carrot farm?

I made a carrot farm for carbon. Makes coal and diamonds for me. Also save the OH it makes because you need that for clay. I use the Galacticraft solars to maintain my landing controllers so I can round trip between a planet base and the moon and only have to manage refueling at my moon base. I have not used the Electrical age solars yet.

If you follow the quest to upgrade the one solar flux panel you get; it is completely worth it. It currently runs all my quarries using the Quantum flux RF Entangler network as well as a few other farms and such that wasn't worth running cable.

Last edited:

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Does the dimensional chest and the rf entangler network work from inside the TARDIS? I currently have them on my moon base and running my quarry locations on the various planets and want to know if I relocate to the TARDIS will they still work?

R

raynelogens

Hello!! So me and my friends were playing this and we want to reinstate going to the overworked / nether. Is there a way in the configs to do this?? I know the premise is that the Earth is destroyed but with the TARDIS we want to add our own trust. So how can the Earth (overworked) and Nether be visitable??

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!! So me and my friends were playing this and we want to reinstate going to the overworked / nether. Is there a way in the configs to do this?? I know the premise is that the Earth is destroyed but with the TARDIS we want to add our own trust. So how can the Earth (overworked) and Nether be visitable??

I wasn't aware that you couldn't get to the overworld in the TARDIS; just not using rockets. Perhaps changing the following line to false in the Galacticraft core.conf will fix it?

# If true, rockets will be unable to reach the Overworld (only use this in special modpacks!)
B:"Disable rockets from returning to Overworld"=true

R

raynelogens

I wasn't aware that you couldn't get to the overworld in the TARDIS; just not using rockets. Perhaps changing the following line to false in the Galacticraft core.conf will fix it?

# If true, rockets will be unable to reach the Overworld (only use this in special modpacks!)
B:"Disable rockets from returning to Overworld"=true

Didn't work :(

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed when I put the pack on our server that the dungeon spawners seem to not work at all. Makes for quick dungeon runs.

I just tested this and it seems to be the case for me as well. I just removed the spawner and put two lines of cursed earth around the inside wall with conveyors dropping the mobs on spikes. Works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.