Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
So..... just went through 7 enderman spawn eggs with the ender and no head. Really unlucky am I. Any other way to get the enderman head besides cheating it in? I have one enderman left in a vial but need several heads to create the machines to use it.

GeekerAndy

Jul 29, 2019
So..... just went through 7 enderman spawn eggs with the ender and no head. Really unlucky am I. Any other way to get the enderman head besides cheating it in? I have one enderman left in a vial but need several heads to create the machines to use it.

The eggs are able to be used in a special spawner...I know that but I forgot what it is.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
The eggs are able to be used in a special spawner...I know that but I forgot what it is.

The rf tools spawner? It won't use the eggs but I guess I could use the syringe on my last enderman and use it to spawn more. Thanks for making me look again.

powered spawner. But I think you need 1 of each mob head to make the slice and splice to make it.

Yep, why I said "I have one enderman left in a vial but need several heads to create the machines to use it."

On a separate note, why am I taking what appears to be heat damage on mercury? I have the thermal padding and the gravity armor suit on. I have tried to stop the damage with/without each but had to leave within 5 minutes because I was nearly dead. Is there another suit I need because I find nothing in nei that alludes to protection from that damage.

Last edited:

GeekerAndy

Jul 29, 2019
The rf tools spawner? It won't use the eggs but I guess I could use the syringe on my last enderman and use it to spawn more. Thanks for making me look again.

Yep, why I said "I have one enderman left in a vial but need several heads to create the machines to use it."

On a separate note, why am I taking what appears to be heat damage on mercury? I have the thermal padding and the gravity armor suit on. I have tried to stop the damage with/without each but had to leave within 5 minutes because I was nearly dead. Is there another suit I need because I find nothing in nei that alludes to protection from that damage.

Ah, I see, it was the syringe part I was talking about.

Do you have FULL thermal padding armor?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I see, it was the syringe part I was talking about.

Do you have FULL thermal padding armor?

Yep. Take 1.5 hearts of damage every 2 ticks and the temp meter is maxed to the top. I dunno what the deal is. I am playing version 1.5.1

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
I know they removed old Modular System and you are supposed to clear those item before updating..
Does that means that I cant use Modular System anymore? My world is crashing as soon as I place a the newly crafter modular storage
You probably can't then until the mod author updates his mod.
(wait, is Caithleen a boy or a girl?)
He.

Another update on the launcher now which should finally fix the oxygen sealer crash.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. Take 1.5 hearts of damage every 2 ticks and the temp meter is maxed to the top. I dunno what the deal is. I am playing version 1.5.1

That is very strange. The only thing I can suggest is making a new set of thermal gear and switching it out. Maybe it got corrupted or something?

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
We either need to live with this bug or replace 4Space with an other galacticraft addon.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
We either need to live with this bug or replace 4Space with an other galacticraft addon.
I managed to get my quarry set up using several trips and get out so I'm good for now. It is going to be difficult to follow my dreams of building an actual mining colony there.

May have to use the teleporters there if I can't figure out what causes this. I have been setting up launch controllers on each planet and using the rockets because they're more fun to me.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 24 is now live. I begin making the things you need for a Stargate. I'm about to record 25 where I'll finish the Stargate and get ready to go through and get the blood altar.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
So, I see that wood blocks have 1,600 carbon value which is the same as a piece of charcoal. Does this mean there is no gain in turning wood into charcoal for the syngas producer or does the burn time also factor in?

A

AlexanderDario

I've just registerd on this forum only to say THANK YOU to Caithleen for making this pack!

I've just made a video showing my moon base (sorry guys... audio only in italian) but I'm curious about improvements you can suggest me...

Pls let me know (I've already finished almost all quests chapters...only naquadah is slowing me)

Last edited:
Reactions: SirWill

VenoM_31

Jul 29, 2019
Zyin's HUD has a feature called Safe Overlay. It mimics the F7 feature but is more configurable and 50% less CPU hungry. It also has a bunch of other random stuff if you're interested in that.
Is there a chance this will be added to modpack at some near future? A creeper blew up my whole auto-tree farm because I didn't see those few blocks that were too dark (curse you, glowstone torches!).

P.S. That or Mob Spawn Highlighter, whichever suits better. I have no experience with either, just noticed I can't check light levels with F7, even though NEI is configured for that key ("world.moboverlay=65").

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
When in doubt, slabs. Everywhere.

I like the hostile mob spawning mechanic in terrafirmacraft, the longer you stay in an area the less likely it is to spawn mobs in a 3x3 square of chunks around your player. Instead of putting lights everywhere to stop mob spawns you just put lights where you need to actually see.

If you're mass planting saplings you're going to have spawnable spots now and then regardless of how well you light it up due to trees themselves creating shadowed areas, at least until you have a treefarm that clears entire trees instantly.

A

AlexanderDario

I have to signal a problem: I was checking my world after the patch and I've found my Zero Point Farm not working... they say 0/64 RF and I'm not withered by them...

EDIT: ok...I've checked better... the ZPE works but don't wither anymore the player (so it's a win-win situation)

Last edited:
A

AlexanderDario

Is there a chance this will be added to modpack at some near future? A creeper blew up my whole auto-tree farm because I didn't see those few blocks that were too dark (curse you, glowstone torches!).

P.S. That or Mob Spawn Highlighter, whichever suits better. I have no experience with either, just noticed I can't check light levels with F7, even though NEI is configured for that key ("world.moboverlay=65").

In the reward bag you can find the magnum torch that block the mobs spawn in a 32 block area (if I remember correctly)

Status
Not open for further replies.